Sign in to follow this  
nels161

GEX Released for P3D

Just downloaded but have not installed. The price is pretty steep $129.00 USD. Two downloads 1.99 GB and 1.67 GB. They say FTX Global has to be un-installed completely.

Anyone try it yet???

Nelson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Now the dilemma (and I hate dilemmas) is should we dump FTX Global for good or not? In my understanding GEX is especially perfect to fit UTX (only USA and Europe so far). Those regions that aren't covered by UT, perhaps won't benefit from GEX at all 

Geez... $125.00 is steep!

$129.00 and that is only introductory price.  :Shocked:

So... GEX is FTX Global and UTX 2.0 USA is FTX Vector basically?   Is that what this product and UTX are competing against respectively?

So... GEX is FTX Global and UTX 2.0 USA is FTX Vector basically?   Is that what this product and UTX are competing against respectively?

Yes.

Also there is no road traffic showing in any of the pics that I saw.

I think that has to do more with settings in the UTX control panel more than GEX.  GEX is just textures.

$129.00 is reasonable,  I spent $90 on FTX Global and almost $100 each (early discount)  for the 777 and 737 for P3D so its in line with what others are charging these days.  Just bought the GTN today for $65.

Geez... $125.00 is steep!

Well it's better than the PMDG birds... and it's almost worldwide coverage...

Still I can't afford it...  sucks was hoping they'd make at least a USA only portion.  GEX for FSX looks superb... so orderly and efficiently placed autogen.

Yea i agree. It's price is inline with other products. I guess I was just complaining because I can't afford it!

I think my investment in ORBX will pay off once OpenLC NA gets released. I wish they'd hurry the hell up though. 

There'd need to be a very persuasive argument for me to dump the FTX investment in favour of this. $129 doesn't help. At the end of the day I think they're a little too late to market for P3D.

If I did NOT  own FTX Global or if I DID own Global and HATED Global, GEX would be worth consideration.  For me GEX is just too late to the P3D party.  I'm sure it is a good product worth the price.  I am happy with FTX Global and UTX v2 - they work together beautifully.  :wub:

GEX also has the "Autogen Placement" feature, which I do not believe that FTX Global has.  130 for world coverage is not expensive, if you take all the FSX GEX packages and add the prices up, it's about par.

This is only being offered for the academic version of P3D? No information on the other site referenced? Mentions 3 versions but only shows two?

Has anyone inquired the prices for the Prepar3d professional version? It is certainly for a reason this one having not been publicly announced.

As far as I understand from their Website, you have to undergo a special questioning by Mr. Needham and his guys if you are interested in it.

Kind regards. Michael

Anyone got it installed and running? Looking forward to hearing all about it

I have this downloaded but cannot install until later tonight.  I have been looking forward to this product since moving to P3D several months ago.  I have been using P3D default textures because FTX Global has horrible night textures IMO and I fly a good bit at night. I had FTX Global installed on my FSX setup but decided not to install in P3D since I knew this was in the pipeline. GEX appears to have  fantastic night lighting textures and alongside UTX 2.1, this should be great.....i'm hoping!  Price seems fair considering it is a worldwide product.

You guys are speaking about prices for the Academic version, right?

Kind regards, Michael

Michael I did not see anyway on the flight1tech web site to inquire about the professional? Do you create a support ticket?

Terry

This is only being offered for the academic version of P3D? No information on the other site referenced? Mentions 3 versions but only shows two?

Scary thought what THAT will cost for what will be the exact-same textures in exactly the same GUI just with a different installer profile.

Under

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=gexp3dworld

I read "The professional and enterprise editions of this product will be distributed and supported through Flight1 Aviation Technologies http://www.flight1tech.com. If you wish to incorporate this product into a professional or enterprise simulation system contact Flight1 Aviation Technologies for more information. "

I was not able to find any prices on http://www.flight1tech.com, thus I am forced to get in contact with Flight1 personally - right?

Kind regards. Michael 

Did you see any contact information on the f1tech site?

Terry

Not quite. UTX = Vector + Open LC

Yea i agree. It's price is inline with other products. I guess I was just complaining because I can't afford it!

Not really... considering Global is the same and cots about USD 75 (99 AUD), GEX is not quite double but 70% more expensive....