Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Carenado EMB505 PHENOM 300 Released

Hi Gregg,

From Carenado's Facebook page:

"In the next days we will release an upgrade which will add real navigation features such as an updatable AIRAC (Navigraph) and VNAV.

Base pack price: $39.95
Navigraph extension pack: $4.95 (for the first 10 days)"

Hope this helps. We'll have to see how the upgraded 1000 unit really is when it is available of course.

Best, Jeff

Maybe that's it.  I can't imagine the frames getting any better with that, though.  My guess is their hanging on to the XML version of the G1000.  There won't be any frame improvement as long if they use that for a GNS.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

$4.95 (for the first 10 days)

Thumbs down!  Like a really BIG thumbs down!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I dove on my sword--err, wallet--on this one.  I posted some thoughts in the Carenado forum.  I think most people who follow the community have their expectations set correctly regarding Carenado.  Despite what Carenado was touting on their Facebook page, there really are no surprises with this add-on. 

I don't have the Phenom 100, but from reading the P100 forum here it seems like it was a much more polished add-on than the Hawker, and that works now to the P300's benefit.  I'm trying to look on the bright side here.  In spite of the completely broken autopilot, I think it's a much better release overall than the Hawker.  If you have the P100, I imagine that you could swap its A/P into the P300 in the panel.cfg and that would probably give you a completely usable add-on in the short-term.

Soo basically careNOTado is still ######.

Shocker...  :rolleyes:  :BigGrin:

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Has anyone gotten this autopilot to level off at a pre-selected altitude?  If so, I would love to know how.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Frame rates are as horrible as I have never seen on my system (3.5 GhZ QuadCore, 16GB RAM, GTX 670, Win 10, P3D 2.5, tons of addons). The Realair Turbine Duke is just fine (30-40 fps) while the Phenom 300 drops down to 1-6 fps (yes, that low) if I dare to change the view just a little bit. If I start in the VC and keep looking straight ahead, it is a bit less than 20 fps. I have made a direct comparison at EGSS between the QW Avro RJ 100 and the Phenom 300: 26 fps versus 6 fps. I am looking for a solution to this -- currently I cannot fly the bird, but at least it looks like it is very nicely done in principle.

Peter

4096 sized textures don't help either. Someone should try reducing them to 2048 and see what happens.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I agree, the frames are worse on this one.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

So the frame rates are comparable to the PMDG 777, or are the 777 fps better?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Phenom 300 drops down to 1-6 fps (yes, that low) i

Respectfully, that's impossible!!  Do you really think Carenado would release a product that gives someone 1-6 fps?  Did you use the recommended settings provided with the product?  I have never seen my frames go below 15 and I have most of my settings set at max (okay, the same as in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide).  I have been using the product around KSEA which is well known for being frame rate unfriendly to many.  If you are getting fps that low, you have serious problems with your FSX.cfg (tweaked?? remove the tweaks) or even your computer system.  Talking about FPS here is subjective and depends on the computer you are using, your settings, and what is loaded with the product.  It really is a waste of time to discuss them.  They prove nothing. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes fps are very subjective and this is true even between two users with computers that have the same stats.  I would also agree that 1 to 6 fps is a problem with the computer or fsx config.

I  have not bought this plane yet but because of Jim's fps summery I have a better sense of what to expect. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Do you really think Carenado would release a product that gives someone 1-6 fps?

Yes.  Just like they release products that have many, many bugs and only fix about 10% of them themselves and let the community do the rest.  Never mind the fact that the charge premium prices for aircraft that are basically prettier default aircraft.  I think this company has proven over and over again what they are all about.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Yes.  Just like they release products that have many, many bugs and only fix about 10% of them themselves and let the community do the rest.  Never mind the fact that the charge premium prices for aircraft that are basically prettier default aircraft.  I think this company has proven over and over again what they are all about.

Okay.  Thanks for the information.  Topic locked.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10