Sign in to follow this  
hesynergy

To get a Prepar3d v3 refund or not, that is the question

I find the original posters comments kinda silly. All new software releases require patching regardless off the product. You can't really complain about a new product released 2 weeks ago. And PMDG does allow more then one installation of a product at the same time. Is it a good idea on the same PC? probably not.  But I did ask PMDG. http://www.avsim.com/topic/475670-simultaneous-installs/#entry3304170

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I've just returned from a few months off to find Lockheed Martin want me to pay again for P3D. P3D market this as a professional product but the latest update appears to contain an animated man and trees that wave at you when you look at them. P3D now uninstalled and back to FSX Steam edition. As we say in the U.K - "they're taking the p1ss" For training purposes this product is no better than Microsoft FSX.

Absolute Garbage! No Offense! :)

We can now fly from one of the world to the other end with whole lot of addon sw without OOM.. Nothing since FS9 we could do that until now.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I've just returned from a few months off to find Lockheed Martin want me to pay again for P3D. P3D market this as a professional product but the latest update appears to contain an animated man and trees that wave at you when you look at them. P3D now uninstalled and back to FSX Steam edition. As we say in the U.K - "they're taking the p1ss" For training purposes this product is no better than Microsoft FSX.

They don't want you to pay for anything you don't want. Did LM say you must upgrade or else???  P3Dv3 is a major step forward in memory management and now it supports SLI :)   Do some research before you make a silly statement.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Guest JustanotherPilot

The cost of P3D v3 with all of it's features built in - aircraft, scenery, weather, the whole package is less than buying some addon products alone. Just look at the price of some high end aircraft. (which rely on the Sim platform to run)  You get a mighty big bang for your buck with v3.

I find the original posters comments kinda silly. ... PMDG does allow more then one installation of a product at the same time.

Is it a good idea on the same PC? probably not.

But I did ask PMDG. http://www.avsim.com/topic/475670-simultaneous-installs/#entry3304170

NoSir you didn't ask that question, you asked, and I quote,the quote...

Hi,

Does the PMDG user license allow simultaneous Installs of PMDG products for personal use? Example: I moved P3D v2.5 onto my gaming laptop and just installed P3D v3 on my desktop PC. Does the license allow simultaneous installations into both PC's?

Thanks

Pete

...two DIFFERENT machines

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

NoSir you didn't ask that question, you asked, and I quote,the quote...

...two DIFFERENT machines

Regards,

Chas

Chas, according to Robert in the quoted post below, you can run the PMDG products on both v2 and v3 at the same time provided you are comfortable doing it manually.

To keep everything simple, you will not be able to install for BOTH v2.x and v3.x at the same time, unless you understand the file structure and feel comfortable doing a copy/paste operation on your own. (I cannot imagine why you would want to do this- but there you have it...)

I'm not sure, but maybe if you open a support ticket with them, they will provide some guidance as to what needs to be copied and pasted into v3 to make it work.

It's worth a shot.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Chas, according to Robert in the quoted post below, you can run the PMDG products on both v2 and v3 at the same time provided you are comfortable doing it manually.

"To keep everything simple, you will not be able to install for BOTH v2.x and v3.x at the same time, unless you understand the file structure and feel comfortable doing a copy/paste operation on your own. (I cannot imagine why you would want to do this- but there you have it...)"

I'm not sure, but maybe if you open a support ticket with them, they will provide some guidance as to what needs to be copied and pasted into v3 to make it work.

It's worth a shot.

That is absolutely revelatory! When did he say this? That would tear down my last barrier to running P3DV3!

Thanks

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

That is absolutely revelatory! When did he say this? That would tear down my last barrier to running P3DV3!

Thanks

Chas

If that's the case, you could carefully set up batch files to switch back and forth.

But couldn't you just uninstall v2 and install v3 and vice versa? Or are there limited installs?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

If that's the case, you could carefully set up batch files to switch back and forth.

But couldn't you just uninstall v2 and install v3 and vice versa? Or are there limited installs?

Vic

You don't need all that. You can simply manually copy the PMDG files (they are located in multiple folders of P3D) over the P3D v3 installation and everything works fine. I have the PMDG birds running in both v2.5 and v3 at the same time. No need for reinstallations.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Thanks

Chas

That's again, why I suggested you open a Ticket with PMDG as I'm certain they could have clarified it with you and it would come from the source.

I have both operational also (V2.5 and V3.0) ... but I assume you don't really mean "concurrent operation" as in 1 PC actually run both V2.5 and V3.0 at the same time in resized windows side by side?

Anyway, there is also an updated ground camera (with no FPS hit) coming from PMDG for P3D V3 as the SDK has opened more doors for PMDG to leverage.  Not sure why you want to hang onto V2.5 though ... but to each his/her own.

Cheers, Rob. 

That's again, why I suggested you open a Ticket with PMDG as I'm certain they could have clarified it with you and it would come from the source.

I have both operational also (V2.5 and V3.0) ... but I assume you don't really mean "concurrent operation" as in 1 PC actually run both V2.5 and V3.0 at the same time in resized windows side by side?

Anyway, there is also an updated ground camera (with no FPS hit) coming from PMDG for P3D V3 as the SDK has opened more doors for PMDG to leverage.  Not sure why you want to hang onto V2.5 though ... but to each his/her own.

Cheers, Rob. 

To the same reason people stil hold on to FSX I gues. I don't see any reason why would anyone would want to use an inferior version unless there is addons they couldn't live without. Why would you have buy V3 knowning that in the first place is the real question.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Well Chas has already committed to V2.5 so I'm guessing there was nothing he needed to hold onto in FSX ... real question is why didn't Chas contact PMDG via ticket system and save himself some time and finished this thread 2 pages ago?  :)

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks

Chas

You're welcome. He said it Sept 28th and it came from the new installer announcement in the PMDG forum. This is the link I quoted from.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/475546-28sep15-prepar3d-v3-approach-clearance/

Like I said in my previous message when I mentioned this to you, if you need direct help, try opening a support ticket and see if they can offer you the guidance to do it correctly. You could have it running in both 2.5 and 3.0 by now.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Anyway, there is also an updated ground camera (with no FPS hit) coming from PMDG for P3D V3 as the SDK has opened more doors for PMDG to leverage. Not sure why you want to hang onto V2.5 though ... but to each his/her own.

Cheers, Rob.

1. Contacted PMDG http://www.avsim.com/topic/475546-28sep15-prepar3d-v3-approach-clearance/?p=3311981 .

2. Concurrent meaning installed and functional on v2.x and v3 but run at separate times, not simultaneously.

Regards,

Chas

Well Chas has already committed to V2.5 so I'm guessing there was nothing he needed to hold onto in FSX ... real question is why didn't Chas contact PMDG via ticket system and save himself some time and finished this thread 2 pages ago?  :)

Cheers, Rob.

Anyway, there is also an updated ground camera (with no FPS hit) coming from PMDG for P3D V3 as the SDK has opened more doors for PMDG to leverage. Not sure why you want to hang onto V2.5 though ... but to each his/her own.

Cheers, Rob.

1. "Not sure why you want to hang onto V2.5 though ... but to each his/her own."

-My answer is in the post I made to PMDG this evening http://www.avsim.com/topic/475546-28sep15-prepar3d-v3-approach-clearance/?p=3311981 .

2. Concurrent meaning installed and functional on v2.x and v3 but run at separate times, not simultaneously.

Regards,

Chas