Sign in to follow this  
Bionor

Rotate MD-80 Imminent release X-Plane

Yeah, but that's the odd think. I have NAV TRK but it won't follow the FMS-plan. 

Ok, then that is potentially a problem then. I think you should let the guys at Rotate know about it, could be a bug.

I would like to see some performance improvements, such as giving us the option for other texture sizes than just 4K, thats a killer for a lot of people including myself eventhough I run a high end computer! 

I would also like to see higher wind sounds against the airframe when at cruise altitude or flying at high speeds etc, also a ground roll sound would be nice! The aircraft feels a bit stubborn on the ground too, not much of a 'bounce' in the suspension at all. 

Question, I just downloaded all the other liveries...and where do you put them? If you try to load them all into the OBJECTS folder, they all want to overwrite each other. How do you get all the liveries to show up on the aircraft load-in page?

Put them in the Liveries folder.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Put them in the Liveries folder.

Thanks...was just coming back here to edit...why I missed that folder, beat's me, lol....

I was trying to load them right into the OBJECTS folder....

If the aircraft isn't trimmed, you get a T/O trim warning. This one was a warning for the flaps, and I can confirm setting it by hand has solved the problem.

From my experience with other simulator's MD-80 series, you need to set up your center of gravity/MAC, as well as your takeoff flap setting (on the lower left of the throttle quadrant), then make sure the Long Trim is set to the correct value. You'll extend your flaps as necessary to match what you specified for takeoff.

Jon Skiffington

As a former MD80 pilot I have to say that this is the best simulation of the maddog nowdays in simulation world, just amazing, near the real one in many aspects. Congratulations to rotate team.

• Upvote 1

Just a note about the new 2k textures. For me, this has made the MD a lot of fun to fly. I went from low teens to mid 20s. This is a conservative number as it goes into the 30s and I've noted above 100 a couple of times (outside view).

On the realism side of things, when landing, once the main gear touches down, you'll need to keep forward pressure on the yoke to bring the nose down or it will want to go back up and takeoff again.

When they iron out a few bugs and add system updates along with FMC functionality, this will be a premium product. It looks like Rotate has the right attitude about support by following through on their promises.

As a former MD80 pilot I have to say that this is the best simulation of the maddog nowdays in simulation world, just amazing, near the real one in many aspects. Congratulations to rotate team.

You've got to be kidding me.

• Upvote 1

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX