Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

How do I Post a Screenshot

Introduction 

Taking a Screen Shot and Posting it on the forums.  Please read the  Image Posting Rules

Step 1: 

Taking a Screen Shot. 

I use Windows built in utility Snipping Tool to take a Screen Shot.  Type Snipping  into your windows search bar,  Click Snipping Tool 

32745006763_b33dc8b538_o.png

Rectangular Snip Will allow you to Click and Drag around your Image using the left or right mouse button. Your saved Screen Shots will be saved in the Pictures Section of your Computer

33536602106_e7433d5359_o.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uploading your Images 

I use Flickr to Upload and post my Screen Shots.  Flickr is a Website were you can upload your Images and always have them on the go

To use Flicker you will need to create a Yahoo Email account,  this is quick and easy.  Sign into Flickr and you will be greeted with this.  

To upload an Image to Flickr,  Click into the little white cloud top right, Red Arrow 

33403064602_484c0405de_o.png

You can Drag & Drop Images or Click Choose photos and navigate to your Pictures folder on your PC. 

33448011391_2f07951b14_o.png

Click Upload 

33536548306_f41f33b7b3_o.png

When your Image have been uploaded,  You will automatically be brought here,  to your Photostream were all your uploaded Images will be stored. 

32745571593_7c075424a2_o.png

=============================

To post an Image. 

Click on the Image of your choosing,  Click the little arrow on the bottom right of the page

32716279584_a4d2522cc7_o.png

Click BBCode.  Right click on the Blue code and click Copy   Note: If the code is white, double left click on it and it will turn blue 

33403061242_fd41319c4b_o.png

There is two different ways you can post an Image, Type A and Type B

Type A = Your Image and also a link to your Flickr Photo account. 

Right click and Paste the code were you want to post your Image. It will look like this. Click Submit Reply,  Bottom right  

33175951490_30a036abd1_o.png

Your Image will post like this, it will have your name and a link to your Flickr Photo account attached to the bottom of the Image 

^^your name and a link to your Flickr Photos^^

Type B =  A clean Image 

To post a clean Image  (no name and no link)   You only need the Tex inside the Red box  33560009285_28f00897bd_o.png

33175980670_0e8e9f7d3a_o.png

Click Submit Reply,  Bottom Right  

33518529436_e2fd44637b_o.png

Here you will have a nice Clean Image with No Link or Name attached to it. 

17498001642_a5176fbb32_o.jpg

Edited by Elaine Dixon
Tutorial Updated on the 21\03\17
  • Upvote 6

Very nice Elaine!  Looking at the title, I opened this thinking someone dídn't know how to post a screenshot and little ol me was going to show them how.  It's time for another beer :Party:

• Upvote 1

Chris Sunseri

I think this is more appropriately suited in our Screenshot Forum.  I'll pin it there temporarily.  Excellent tutorial Elaine! 

Best regards,

• Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

A like to use Flickr for my "artistic" photos, that's why I won't upload screenshots there. Also screenshots are usually not something that I want to keep forever.

The method described above is perfectly valid, of course, I'm just showing an alternative: Imgur.com. The snipping tool is VERY useful, I always have it pinned to my menu bar (at work too)

I will copy my reply to a user who recently asked me for help posting a picture on the forum:

1. Go to imgur.com
  2. Hit the blue button "upload images"
  3. Hit "browse your computer"
  4. Choose your picture and hit "start upload"
  5. Once it's uploaded, right click on the picture and select "copy link address"
  6. Then back to the forum, on top of the answer box, there's a little icon of a postcard labeled "image", click on it, paste the link (ctrl + v) and hit ok.
  • Upvote 1

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Jaime, thanks very much for this.   Seems much easier.   I can make this work for one picture, but how about multiple images, for example showing a series of pictures to represent a flight from one place to another?

John

Yes

Thank you for this ,,,

I still had a hard time getting the pic/screen shots up ,,, but finally got it working ,,, your post helped a lot

Thank You

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 5:34 AM, Alpha Floor said:

A like to use Flickr for my "artistic" photos, that's why I won't upload screenshots there. Also screenshots are usually not something that I want to keep forever.

The method described above is perfectly valid, of course, I'm just showing an alternative: Imgur.com. The snipping tool is VERY useful, I always have it pinned to my menu bar (at work too)

I will copy my reply to a user who recently asked me for help posting a picture on the forum:

1. Go to imgur.com
  2. Hit the blue button "upload images"
  3. Hit "browse your computer"
  4. Choose your picture and hit "start upload"
  5. Once it's uploaded, right click on the picture and select "copy link address"
  6. Then back to the forum, on top of the answer box, there's a little icon of a postcard labeled "image", click on it, paste the link (ctrl + v) and hit ok.

Jaime - I appreciate easier, but this is obviously an older post. Imgur, registering was impossible, until I finally signed on with my Google account. Said my selected name/email address or password is incorrect, I tried to reset the password, but if the email address is wrong how are they going to send me instructions to reset my password. It's been over 45 minutes now, no email!

Your instructions state;

Hit blue button, no blue button, but I did find a browse function and it found my pic and uploaded it. Now, you state, right click on the picture and select "copy link address" which that selection is non-existent!!

Then, back to the forum, you state on the top of the answer box, what is an answer box? I went to the posting, no answer box, and no little icon of a postcard either, so I could not complete the process! Why is this process so difficult? I just donated $20 towards the server fund, and now I wish my money could go somewhere else, like funding an easier process to post pictures!

Thanks Jaime! I have given up!

• Like 1

thank you, did help for me, but it looses lot quality when i post, don't know why, now i will test another upload website. 

Hello,

Is this tutorial still up to date?

I have a Flickr-account, but my pictures don't have "BBCode" ...

Only "Share" and "email".

So i am unable to upload pictures.

Thanks

Try "share" and copy that info into your post.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

OK, thanks Charlie.

But ... not sure what i did wrong last time but now i have BBCode again🤔.

So i should work by now ... 👍