Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Guy totally owns Microsoft Support Scammer (video

I get calls from these jerks all the time just thought it was funny to see how this guy mess with them. He got them good. It starts getting funny around 2:30 in to the video

• Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Nice one David. Absolutely cracking. I'm going to circulate this around to a few of my friends who go scammed. This should be globally circulated to put an end to these low-lifes.

Very clever to keep them on the line for so long without them rumbling. I've had these calls twice now and can't last longer than about a minute before I shout down the phone calling them criminals and worse. :Big Grin:

Kudos to our friend. Don't know whether he planned it or just did it all on impulse.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Wow!  Kept him on the phone for about 15 minutes.  Too funny!  I don't have the patience nor the really quick wit to drag out such calls, I just hang up on them.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Ray, you should what I do to really pXXX them off. I make them wait, tell them I'm going downstairs to check, then waste time making a cuppa, then come back and tell them my microwave is working fine cos I've just made a cuppa and make them listen to me slurping! The phone line soon goes dead at the other end. Score1-0!

My sister currently on the Pacific side of Mexico was killing herself when I sent that video to her, and my friend in Dubai is going to circulate this around as people there, mainly the immigrant workforces get targeted often and as these scammers come from their homelands, they fall for these scams thinking that they are genuine.

Rick,

I wish I had your patience but I detest these scumbags. It's the only time I'm abrupt to cold-calls as they're criminals rather than people trying to earn a living.

I have a police whistle and it might well be used the next time they call.

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray

Yes, that could work quite effectively, specially if the clown in wherever has his/her headphones on.

But I'm with you on these scumbags be they from overseas our our own 'We are notifying you that you qualify for a heating grant', or crap like that. But our Ofcom is so toothless. Not worth the paper written on!

Rick,

Well the ones that call me are always Indian.

The difference between them and the general cold calls is the latter are just unfortunate honest individuals trying to earn a living.

I'm getting fewer cold calls these days so perhaps the penny is beginning to drop.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just start talking to them about flight simulation, Ray. That'll bore them rigid in seconds :lol:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Me: "Hello? How may I help you today?"

Them: "My name is (mumble-mumble) and I'm with Microsoft Windows Support."

Me: "What a coincidence! You are speaking with Microsoft's Fraud Department!" *

Them: <click as they hang up>

* This seems to work every time.

• Upvote 3

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Very nice, Fr. Bill. Must remember that one.

The difference between them and the general cold calls is the latter are just unfortunate honest individuals trying to earn a living.

In Australia we got a do not call register which stops these call centres from calling your number, used to get 3 calls a days from these type of calls, since registering I havnt had one phone call as of yet

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

In Australia we got a do not call register which stops these call centres from calling your number, used to get 3 calls a days from these type of calls, since registering I havnt had one phone call as of yet

We have a similar system in the UK and I signed up to it many years ago. But it doesn't use its teeth so the culprits get away with murder.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Pete i`m on the register and they still called me, must be random dialing from India, i led them down the garden path the last time after following his instructions but he hung up after i told him my Commodore 64 took 20 mins to boot up.

tpewpb-6.png

We have a similar system in the UK and I signed up to it many years ago. But it doesn't use its teeth so the culprits get away with murder.

Well said Ray. The TPS is not worth a plumbed nickel!