Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Captain Sim 9.99 sale on everything

- Some switches, when operated, will keep spinning even when there's no action on them. As an example, go to the SPD control, act on it with say the RMB to increase speed, move the mouse away from the control while holding the RMB and then release the button. The digits will keep spinning endlessly. Another annoying bug.

- Not all switches operate the same way. Some will work with the buttons, some others with the mouse wheel, some don't, some this, some that... It seems they were programmed by different people who didn't talk to each other.

Just a quick note: This problem can be overcome if you use a VR Insight MCP Combo. There is a LINDA config for the Captain Sim 767 here on AVSIM. Using the MCP Combo to operate the switches works fine. So the only problem left ist the calculation of TOD. However, when flying with ATC this should not be a problem.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Last night I bought the P3d version of the 727-100 base and freighter add on. Installed them. Now my P3dV3.1 crashes on start up every time. I have run the repair function of P3d....No Change....still crashes.

It's a new install of P3d as of a couple of weeks ago and worked great till this.

I would be most grateful for any other suggestions.

many thanks,

Dave

I'd try editing your dll.xml and disable the captain sim dlls. That will probably get P3D firing up again.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Last night I bought the P3d version of the 727-100 base and freighter add on. Installed them. Now my P3dV3.1 crashes on start up every time. I have run the repair function of P3d....No Change....still crashes.

It's a new install of P3d as of a couple of weeks ago and worked great till this.

I would be most grateful for any other suggestions.

many thanks,

Dave

Does it crash to desktop or does it simply tell you that the default flight seems to be corrupted? I encountered the latter and have simply fixed it by replacing the default flight xml file with the one from Prepar3d v2.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Such a poor customer support(Ticket open 2015-12-04 still waiting an answer)! Never ever more  I'll buy a Captain Sim product!

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Does it crash to desktop or does it simply tell you that the default flight seems to be corrupted? I encountered the latter and have simply fixed it by replacing the default flight xml file with the one from Prepar3d v2.

Greetings Carlitto777,

Startup flight is corrupt is the 2nd of two messages I get then it shuts down.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers. If you have a moment would you be able to send it to me in an email attachment?

If you lived in Winnipeg I'd be pleased to buy you multiple beverages of you choice.....

I've pm'd you an email address. Thank you.

Dave

Has anyone purchased the C-130X? And if so, in FSX-SE, Windows 10, is anyone seeing a BSOD with Page Fault in Nonpaged relating to ct.aud.sys(ctaud.sys relates to Creative SB Audigy2 Zs soundcard I have but the drivers are bang up to date)and only happens when giving the system permission to install the C-130X gauges?

Avira anti-virus says there is a problem with z7232.dll. Given what I have read I will forget about it and take a $10 loss rather than wasting hours putting things back together

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I've had the CS 727 installed in 3.1 with no issues at all. I recall that the CSSOUND.DLL entry had to be manually added to the dll.xml file for it to work.

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Captain Sim Sound</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Captain_Sim\bin\cs.sound.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

LOVE flying that a/c!

@nudata - false positives are common - that's not a reason to avoid the product.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Pleased to report both L-1011 and 737 base packs installed flawlessly into  P3D 3.1 for me. I installed the L-1011 first and did not have to do anything (dll.xml related) to get the 727-200 up and running.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Are there any tricks to get the 737 working in v3.1?  For some weird reason, I have non functional instruments on the ground but as soon as I get airborne, they start to work... then land and bam nothing.

Also, the external lights seem to not be working.  Cockpits lights are however working.  All other animations I have checked work great.

Thanks!

I missed the sale.. Thought it was until midnight...hmmm 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter