Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Lear ALT HOLD issue

I still have the same problem (ie level off and maintain v/s or spd). My autopilot does not behave as smooth as in the video. I'm on W10 + P3D 3.0 + L35 v2.1. Strange...

I like this aircraft a lot but without a usable autopilot it is hard to use.

I use v1.9 with P3D 2.4 and it works as per the video, but sounds like maybe the most recent version might have an issue?

Seems after reading this post most of you or all of you having this issue are using W10. 

Can someone who has this issue confirm they have Admin rights selected under properties for the sim shortcut. I had to do this for W7 or the GTN 750 DLL would crash the sim.

I am shocked anyone is having an issue like this. The AP coding is close to how thew MU was coded and nobody ever had this issue. Since then the only things that have changed is a newer version of P3D and Windows.

It's not our newest update causing this because the video is using V2.1

I must have the only P3D / Win 8.1 install allergic to your code, mean while everything else purrs like a kitten.Too many updates to fix things that should have been obvious in testing before the product was released for sale.May be try again when update ver.4.x is released  :wink:

Ouch! All software will have hidden problems that even the beta testers may not catch. This is a very small Company so when you say obvious issues i do not agree as the autopilot system is working for all testers our tech guy and i. So we would never release a product with standard systems not working. Most of our updates were more smaller complex systems that go beyond the standard coding. I too would rather have less updates but this aircraft is loaded with systems and it took a few updates to get things fixed i thought i had coded correctly the first time. My tech guy wants me to do more complex aircraft and i am having second thoughts since you can't expect the beta team to find all issues as they did not design the aircraft and may not know the systems. Every aircraft is different and this makes designing new project a challenge. Larger Company's may have access to the aircraft and help from a pilot who fly's that aircraft. For a single developer i think i have done pretty good over the years as my projects get better and more accurate. 

CW46 post was a bit harsh, understood flysimware is a one man show, and I am happy with what has been delivered so far, please keep up the good work and I am sure I am not the only satisfied customer here :).

I need to do more testing to report exactly what I see, but since the last update there is definitely a change in the AP behavior, one thing I can definitely remember is that the SPD HOLD function seems to be erratic, the FD commands severe pitch up or down and it eventually stabilizes. I am also aware of managing engine output accordingly. Unless I am doing something wrong, I establish in a maintained climb (220KTS), enter a desired altitude, click the ALT SEL & SPEED HOLD buttons, I usually see big changes in pitch up or down  

Thank you & Happy landings!

John

CW46 post was a bit harsh, understood flysimware is a one man show, and I am happy with what has been delivered so far, please keep up the good work and I am sure I am not the only satisfied customer here :).

I need to do more testing to report exactly what I see, but since the last update there is definitely a change in the AP behavior, one thing I can definitely remember is that the SPD HOLD function seems to be erratic, the FD commands severe pitch up or down and it eventually stabilizes. I am also aware of managing engine output accordingly. Unless I am doing something wrong, I establish in a maintained climb (220KTS), enter a desired altitude, click the ALT SEL & SPEED HOLD buttons, I usually see big changes in pitch up or down  

Thank you & Happy landings!

John

I found that when we recently changed the SPD HLD mode it would hold the speed more accurate. But like you said i now noticed it has some issues. One is it does behave erraticat first. Second when it reaches the selected altitude it does not slow the rate of climb and quickly switches to ALT/HLD mode. This was not good and i am reverting back to our other code. The 2 issues i mentioned do not happen but the speed may vary within 20 knots. This is better and the next update will have this fix.

Thank you so much for getting back to us! Looking forward to the next update, I am not sure if this would be a big deal to look into, but any chance to give us more brightness with the F1 GTN750 integration? I remember reading that the code automatically dims it during the day (I could be wrong but that's what I remember :) )

I am really having a great time flying this fast bird!

John.

Thank you so much for getting back to us! Looking forward to the next update, I am not sure if this would be a big deal to look into, but any chance to give us more brightness with the F1 GTN750 integration? I remember reading that the code automatically dims it during the day (I could be wrong but that's what I remember :) )

I am really having a great time flying this fast bird!

John.

Hey John,

The GTN750 brightness, by default Flight1 settings, is rather dim. It can be adjusted in the F1 GTN750 configuration tool that is automatically installed when you install the GTN750.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Well, my 2cents: this is really a very nice plane and I am {finally} enjoying a twin jet. This is the third, or fourth one for me and the only one worth keeping.  The auto-pilot is a bit unusual and does give me a bit of trouble from time to time but this is an early version and somewhat crude by current standards. Heck, maybe that's why it appeals to me. Those other twins I bought are sort of ho-hum.....just push a couple of buttons and let it do the rest.

I know from experience that Beta testing can't find everything no matter how long they work at it. 

Never having flown a Lear I, do not know if it could automatically reduce a 3,000 or 4,000 fpm rate of climb for altitude select. ..Kind of doubt that it could.

I was actively flying in the 60s and 70s and the equipment was not at all sophistocated. In the 60s especially we were still doing lots of GCAs because ILS was still being installed at many bases.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Looking forward to your next update to fix the altitude capture problem

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Can someone who has this issue confirm they have Admin rights selected under properties for the sim shortcut.

Yes, no change with having admin rights.

Regards, Perry

I can also confirm that Admin has NO effect. I have P3D installed on F:. I have had quite a few more flights in the Lear - the frustrating part is that SOMETIMES the AP HOLD works perfectly but when it goes south - ALTHOLD light comes on and the bird just keeps climbing. FWIW if I reload the a/c it will sometimes kick back in. I also find that *IF* the alt hold function is not working - the GS function will NOT work everytime. If the ALTHOLD is working, the GS functions as expected on approach.

One good thing, I'm getting a lot of experience hand flying instrument approaches - one thing I didn't miss from my RW flying. :)

Still a beautiful bird - hope you get the AP sorted out.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

That is strange, on my system, the problem is really around SPEED HOLD, I dont have any issue holding altitude, I am established on a climb, stabilized (flaps up, power set, fixed rate of climb),  I press ALT ENG, SPEED HOLD, then engage the autopilot, and the FD is just playing yoyo up and down and the aircraft will go into pretty high pitch, resulting in speed decay, making the FD command down pitch, etc.... after a min or so it stabilizes and all is well ... 

I also wanted to respond to Joe about the GTN brightness issue, (thank you Joe for getting back to me btw), yes I am aware of the option, and have it turned to 100% in the Flight1 config tool.  But if I compare the brightness to other aircrafts (other one I have is the A2A commanche for example), it is much dimmer on the Lear that on my A2A Piper.

Again, thank you very much for this add-on, I have been putting a lot of time on it (much different to the bird I fly IRL.. haha)

Regards,

John.

I finally found why everyone is having issues. The ALT/HLD mode was missing the top ELEMENT bracket. So the code did not work when you try to just hold current altitude. And it seemed to work for me because during testing if you climb to a selected altitude then it would work because the pitch was already at zero. So for those who pressed the ALT/HLD the plane would hold the last current pitch recorded by my other code.

So for some reason version 2.1 had missing section of the code which is strange because i don't remember updating this code and not sure how this happened. 

I have a huge update coming in a week and the AP will be spot on for everyone. I am about to send this new version to all testers tomorrow. Sorry for the bad code!

I have a huge update coming in a week and the AP will be spot on for everyone. I am about to send this new version to all testers tomorrow. Sorry for the bad code!

That is great news!

Is there still time to integrate a smaller issue with the HSI coursebar to show GPS data when the GPS/NAV switch is in GPS position (or selected by the 530 GPS CDI button) instead of always showing NAV data?

All the aircraft I know and fly in the sim display the GPS data instead of the NAV data after switching the respective switch to GPS. 

Regards, Perry