Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Donors, where are they?

Been active on this forum for quite awhile, and was noticing on the right side, that they are posting that they need some income from donors to fund this forum. I guess I am a bit surprised with folks dropping lots of money to buy airports, scenery, add on aircraft, etc, some of which cost over $100, and yet there are so few donors, even among the very active members with thousands of posts. One would think that if even some of these members wouldn't donate a few dollars, they would reach their goal in a very short time. Not sure if this is the forum to post this, but since P3D and the add ons are not the cheapest thing in hobbies, a forum like this one would be well worth supporting. Just my 2 cents..... :wink:

• Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have given a little and so should every other regular user of the forum. even if everyone gave $1 to $5 that would probably do it.

Nice, and very timely post.  Thank you!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I completely agree, Avsim is definitely worth supporting.

Having said that: one reason why donors cannot be seen is because the Avsim system may fail to keep track of them. I made a donation around New Year but never got an email back. It might be that this happened because I used my wife's Paypal account, but she didn't receive a message either.

Peter

• Upvote 1

I completely agree, Avsim is definitely worth supporting.

Having said that: one reason why donors cannot be seen is because the Avsim system may fail to keep track of them. I made a donation around New Year but never got an email back. It might be that this happened because I used my wife's Paypal account, but she didn't receive a message either.

Peter

You can look at all of the donors by clicking on the Donate tab in the menu above.  I checked the month of Dec/Jan and did not see your name.  Once a request is made to PayPal, you sign into that, PayPal will ask you which account to take the funds from (some people have their credit cards loaded into PayPal too) and the funds will be sent to AVSIM.  You should receive an e-mail at your registered e-mail address and a PM.  If you did not receive a PM or e-mail to your registered e-mail account (look in junk mail too), then go into your PayPal account and see if the funds were actually sent.  Your display name (qqwertzde) will show up as the donor.  If not, then the transaction did not occur for some reason.  You can go into your PayPal account and request the money be refunded too if it shows the money was withdrawn and sent to AVSIM.

We appreciate everyone's donations and apologize if any problems were encountered.  I even made one this month (Jan 2016)!!

Best regards,

• Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

no need to apologize, you got the money and did something good with it for the aviation community :)

Just to clarify things, I've sent you a PM.

Peter

• Upvote 2

I made a donation around New Year but never got an email back. It might be that this happened because I used my wife's Paypal account, but she didn't receive a message either.

That is exactly what happened... glad we were able to sort this out and we added your donation to the list.  Thank you very much for your support, everyone!

• Upvote 1

The best money raising is higher volume of low donations so getting more members to give $1 to $10 every month is better then the seldom larger contributions made by a few. Just got to get people into the habit of giving a little more regularly.

• Upvote 2

Matthew Kane