Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

PF3 ATC Program thoughts

Anyone know if it will work with and interact with MT6?

James McLees

Anyone know if it will work with and interact with MT6?

James,

I bought the program last night but I haven't had a chance to use it yet for a full flight. I've been a long time user of the previous version of this program PFE and it worked perfectly with MT6. I fired PF3 up last night and sat at the gates and you could hear ground control talking to taxiing aircraft, so my guess is that it works fine.

NAX669.png

Good to hear, may have to give this one a try.

James McLees

Is PF3 knows about terrain altitude during vector approach in mountain landscape ?

Besides the answers already given: You can define your own minimum FAF altitude for airports and missed approach altitudes for every runway on the SIDs/STARs page.

Are the voices similar to those in earlier versions of ProFlight Emulator, or have there been changes?  Feature set seems appealing but ideally I'd like to hear voices (beyond the extent that I do already  B) ).  Haven't found any videos so far - if any are up, or go up, it'd be great if someone could post pointers to them.  Thanks!

Are the voices similar to those in earlier versions of ProFlight Emulator, or have there been changes?  Feature set seems appealing but ideally I'd like to hear voices (beyond the extent that I do already  B) ).  Haven't found any videos so far - if any are up, or go up, it'd be great if someone could post pointers to them.  Thanks!

There are two new ATIS voices. Other than that they are the voices from PFE, but include the expansion pack by default.

There are two new ATIS voices. Other than that they are the voices from PFE, but include the expansion pack by default.

There are I believe 119 voices altogether. Which is more than PFE plus the voice packs. I encountered a really sexy lady in the Singapore control tower. :wub:

Thanks!  

I'd been through this side-by-side comparison video and - subjective opinion - found the PFE delivery a bit unnatural compared to Pro-ATC/X. Have also been satisfied with RC4 using the Meatwater voice pack.  If the PF3 voice "style" is similar, that might give me pause.  But am happy to explore more - maybe the video doesn't do it full justice.  Again, would be interested to hear what others think.

Thanks!  

I'd been through this side-by-side comparison video and - subjective opinion - found the PFE delivery a bit unnatural compared to Pro-ATC/X. Have also been satisfied with RC4 using the Meatwater voice pack.  If the PF3 voice "style" is similar, that might give me pause.  But am happy to explore more - maybe the video doesn't do it full justice.  Again, would be interested to hear what others think.

I'm planning a video which will impress you beyond measure!!!

• Upvote 1

Thanks, vololiberista - looking forward to it.  I'm happy to be impressed. I like the idea of a single package that can do both IFR and VFR, since I divide my time between them and don't really look forward to switching between programs - was disappointed for that reason that RC5 never materialized.  Will stand by for your upcoming production.

Still no activation email but I re-downloaded and it now works. Strange as I did create the database files earlier.

Anyway now I can load a flightplan and get atis.  Weirdly I cant get past push and start though. It says contact ground and even tells me the freq but every time I tune it and press zero it asks for push and start and the reply is to contact ground when ready to taxy. Run out of time for now but Ill try again tomorrow.

Chris

You need to pushback and start engines then contact ground to get taxi permission

How does this work with GSX in P3D v3.1?

Thx

P.

GSX is just like AES When you get permission to push and start you use GSX to well push and start. Then contact ground and tell them you are ready to taxi.

To simplify it you can set your copilot to handle all comms in PF3.

Peter Schluter

Still no activation email but I re-downloaded and it now works. Strange as I did create the database files earlier.

Anyway now I can load a flightplan and get atis.  Weirdly I cant get past push and start though. It says contact ground and even tells me the freq but every time I tune it and press zero it asks for push and start and the reply is to contact ground when ready to taxy. Run out of time for now but Ill try again tomorrow.

Chris

What ATC facilities are there at your airport? For example if there is one tower frequency, and/or ground.

If there is a single frequency then you get clearance by pressing zero. You push back if you have to. Prfess zero again to taxi and then 6 when holding at the runway.

If you have a ground frequency and tower frequency then it's pretty much the same except you will get pushback clearance (assuming you have checked the pushback option!) The difference is that when you reach the runway holding point, ground will ask you to change frequency to the tower for take-off clearance. If for some reason that doesn't happen (you might be at a different holding point or rwy even) then press 6 after tuning to the tower.

I'm planning a video which will impress you beyond measure!!!

Nice  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Some voices in PF3 are better than others, and in the video the pilot voice of PFE is not one I would want to use. But you can exclude the voices you do not like to hear (I did this with 3 of the 119 voices) and of course you can select your own pilot's (or co-pilot's) voice.