Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

PF3 ATC Program thoughts

Just to add to Thomas's post about voices. The one thing that really stood out for me when I first started using PFE many moons ago was the voices. having ground or tower or atc talk to you in an accent depending on the location you are in the world really changes the immersion experience. When you hear an AI pilot talk to atc in his or her accent depending on airline this too adds to the experience. As has been said there are over 100 different accents and if there is one that particularly annoys yo you can run PF3 in a mode which identifies the accents on screen. You can then choose to tell pf3 to ignore that one in the future.

In the uk you will hear English Scottish and Irish accents and in the us there are I think three different regions each with their own variety of voices within.

Peter Schluter

Some voices in PF3 are better than others, and in the video the pilot voice of PFE is not one I would want to use. But you can exclude the voices you do not like to hear (I did this with 3 of the 119 voices) and of course you can select your own pilot's (or co-pilot's) voice.

Hi Thomas,

How do you choose the VCP voice?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi Thomas,

How do you choose the VCP voice?

The VCP voice is heard during taxi guidance, he tells you when the turn is coming up.

When in VCP mode where the VCP handles the comms, he changes the frequency but it is the pilots voice which is heard.

Peter Schluter

Besides the answers already given: You can define your own minimum FAF altitude for airports and missed approach altitudes for every runway on the SIDs/STARs page.

Cool... Thank you Thomas

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Ultimate Traffic 2 interaction?

PF3 interacts with ai aircraft the same way whatever you use for your traffic as it uses the sim's ai engine. So you will hear ground/tower/atc instructions to other traffic and their reply as you would with the default atc. The difference being that the accents of the ai captains will be governed by the airline they fly for.

• Upvote 1

Peter Schluter

Is this a text based (press buttons/keys) or voice activated ATC program? 

Thanks. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Hi,

I remember that in PFE, the initial com freq was given. That is no longer the case in PF3. Where do you guys find the correct clearance freq? I must be doing something wrong because pushing 0 after connecting doesn't do a thing.

Thanks.

Jos.

This is annoying, yes, but there is a dirty workaround. In your FS folder, you will find a folder called pf3_display. Open the only file in there after you have loaded your fp into PF3. It will tell you all frequencies. The only one that has to bee looked up later is the one for ILS, should you do such an approach.

Hi,

I remember that in PFE, the initial com freq was given. That is no longer the case in PF3. Where do you guys find the correct clearance freq? I must be doing something wrong because pushing 0 after connecting doesn't do a thing.

Thanks.

Jos.

Jos. This is a limitation in P3d that the info window cannot be displayed. You should be able to find all the frequencies by launching the pf3 display.exe in the PF3_Displayer folder. Having said that a number of P3d users are having problems launching that too. Head over to the pf3 support forum and have a look at the threads on the Displayer.exe if you are also unable to open it.

In the meantime have you tried using the frequencies for the airport from a chart or by map view? Pf3 uses the same frequencies. If there is not a Clearance Delivery frequency for your airport use ground instead

Peter Schluter

Thanks!  

I'd been through this side-by-side comparison video and - subjective opinion - found the PFE delivery a bit unnatural compared to Pro-ATC/X. Have also been satisfied with RC4 using the Meatwater voice pack.  If the PF3 voice "style" is similar, that might give me pause.  But am happy to explore more - maybe the video doesn't do it full justice.  Again, would be interested to hear what others think.

Bear in mind that ProATC is not ICAO compliant. Voice sets must have rigorous control. For example alpha charaters are never spoken on RT.

Does anyone have another download link for the demo installer? The one on the main site seems to be corrupt -- 4th time downloading now.

I get an unexpected end of archive trying to open up the zip file which only seems to have a .bin file which is 150 mb. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Does anyone have another download link for the demo installer? The one on the main site seems to be corrupt -- 4th time downloading now.

I get an unexpected end of archive trying to open up the zip file which only seems to have a .bin file which is 150 mb.

It seems Dave updated the demo installer, maybe you downloaded it during the time he made the upload?

The current pf3_demo_installer.zip should be 151220308 bytes. The previous one was 142334132 bytes, some support files for P3D were missing.