Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

PF3 ATC Program thoughts

Great news. I still love PFE3 for its immersion (and hate it for its inability to work with german regional settings).

Can you confirm that I don't have to change the format for numbers anymore?

PFE and now PFE3 is probably the best ATC program of FSX. The voice variety makes it very real and human. Also ATIS audio is good. There is last minute runway change which is very realistic. Every thing is good about it except SID and STAR reading. I was hoping that new PFE3 will have incorporated NAVDATA SID and STAR reading in it. That would have made this program the most realistic ATC.  I understand the logic that pilots know about SID and STARs beforehand and dont need ATC to tell them. You can program PFE3 with all STAR waypoints but if you are flying long haul, you dont know what will weather be when you come to land and what will be active runway. I agree that for SID as you know well before take off which runway is in use and you plan you FMC accordingly. However; for approach, in real world many times you start on STAR, and midway through STAR depending on traffic, ATC will vector you to runway. However those vectors are actually truncated STARs. If you look at EDDF (Frankfurt) or OMDB ( Dubai) STARS you will understand what i mean. As PFE3 does not understand these STARs,, it vectors you to runway using more like arc which is completely off any track. For example: If you are flying DESDI 8C STAR for runway 30L to Dubai ( OMDB), with PFE3 either you need to fly entire STAR which a long track or if you request vector, instead of asking to continue flying left downwind, PFE3 will vector you in right hand downwind arc loop which is over Dubai city. This doe not happen in real world.  If PFE would understand NAVDATA, it would vector you using correct direction just using correct altitude constraints.

It is a wish list because i think PFE3 has best potential to be in the league of top FS add ons.

Ash nerurkar

• Upvote 1

Ash Nerurkar

Well, I downloaded the demo, and when I try to connect to P3D V3.1, PF3 crashes instantly without any further notice. Flightplan is valid, but it just crashes.

Ill Register on the forum later but any thoughts on my problem?

Set up and created database as instructed. Short flight plan from Manchester to Coventry.

Load sim, load fp into pf3, click connect and windows disappears. Tune radio and press 0.

When I check task manager it isn't there so it just seems to close when I click connect.

P3D 3.1 by the way.

Chris

PFE and now PFE3 is probably the best ATC program of FSX. The voice variety makes it very real and human. Also ATIS audio is good. There is last minute runway change which is very realistic. Every thing is good about it except SID and STAR reading. I was hoping that new PFE3 will have incorporated NAVDATA SID and STAR reading in it. That would have made this program the most realistic ATC.  I understand the logic that pilots know about SID and STARs beforehand and dont need ATC to tell them. You can program PFE3 with all STAR waypoints but if you are flying long haul, you dont know what will weather be when you come to land and what will be active runway. I agree that for SID as you know well before take off which runway is in use and you plan you FMC accordingly. However; for approach, in real world many times you start on STAR, and midway through STAR depending on traffic, ATC will vector you to runway. However those vectors are actually truncated STARs. If you look at EDDF (Frankfurt) or OMDB ( Dubai) STARS you will understand what i mean. As PFE3 does not understand these STARs,, it vectors you to runway using more like arc which is completely off any track. For example: If you are flying DESDI 8C STAR for runway 30L to Dubai ( OMDB), with PFE3 either you need to fly entire STAR which a long track or if you request vector, instead of asking to continue flying left downwind, PFE3 will vector you in right hand downwind arc loop which is over Dubai city. This doe not happen in real world.  If PFE would understand NAVDATA, it would vector you using correct direction just using correct altitude constraints.

It is a wish list because i think PFE3 has best potential to be in the league of top FS add ons.

Ash nerurkar

If you select EDDF in the SID STAR page you can asign SIDs STARs to each runway. Specifically those that you have to use on your departure and/or for the direction you are arriving. No ATC is going to give you a STAR north of the airfield if you are arriving from the South. Make sure that on the SID STAR page you have checked SIDs Active and STARS active. On the waypoint adjustment page put ST at the start of the STAR. They very often have a common facility coming from a specific direction. So choose that facility. PF3 (not PFE3  :wink:  )  will asign you the correct STAR from where you are to the landing rwy.

What 'you' have to do is ensure your a/c navigation computer, INS or whatever you are using navigates you along that asigned STAR. I use the CIVA INS and if I'm landing at an airport where a change of STAR is likely I just programme in the changes. Surprisingly shock horror that's how it's done in the real world!! :smile:

Ill Register on the forum later but any thoughts on my problem?

Set up and created database as instructed. Short flight plan from Manchester to Coventry.

Load sim, load fp into pf3, click connect and windows disappears. Tune radio and press 0.

When I check task manager it isn't there so it just seems to close when I click connect.

P3D 3.1 by the way.

Chris

If you have flown since then re try this and post an amplified description of what happened on the PF3 forum (see my sig). Dave will probably ask you to send your log files.

I have not tried PF3 but I did use PFE (Pro I believe) several years ago but, as someone has already noted, it was a long haul just to get everything loaded.

Recently I tested the Pilot2ATC program and really like it. Naturally ended up buying it (it;s only money :wink: }. So far, it exceeds anything I have ever tried. Hope to find time to compare the two.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I have not tried PF3 but I did use PFE (Pro I believe) several years ago but, as someone has already noted, it was a long haul just to get everything loaded.

Recently I tested the Pilot2ATC program and really like it. Naturally ended up buying it (it;s only money :wink: }. So far, it exceeds anything I have ever tried. Hope to find time to compare the two.

With PFE one had to contend with PF2000 as well and that overcomplicated things for a lot of punters. Though in reality it was only needed to generate the adv file. Not only has PF2000 been stripped out, the rest of the old PFE has been completely overhauled. The Beta team made close to 600 change requests! PF3 does a lot of things that PFE couldn't do. So yes give it a look. From the voice point of view, if I can get my recording programme to work I'll do a vid and you'll be amazed how real the voices are. Set up correctly it's almost impossible to tell them from reality.

Tried to register but have not had the activation email, requested again but still nothing has come through. Maybe the mail server is swamped or something!

Reading that 3.1 thread it looks like it is the same issue as me. I'd be happy to send flight plans and logs and test with those files as well on v3.1 if I could get on the forums! :)

Chris

Tried to register but have not had the activation email, requested again but still nothing has come through. Maybe the mail server is swamped or something!

Reading that 3.1 thread it looks like it is the same issue as me. I'd be happy to send flight plans and logs and test with those files as well on v3.1 if I could get on the forums! :)

Chris

Chris, if you don't hear from the forum by this evening post on here again and I will ask Dave to look at it. I think he is a bit busy just right now !

Peter Schluter

If you're having problems connecting to P3D it is due to a couple of possibilities...

1. You must run the DB Rebuild facility first to create your P3D base data files because yes, I did omit them from the demo download. That has now been rectified and if you download it again all will be well, although you should still run the PF3 DB Rebuild if you have any addon airports, etc.

2. If you have ever used one of those migration tools with P3D you must ensure you don't have a dummy FSX.EXE file sitting in your main P3D folder, because PF3 will pick that up first and create DB files for FSX rather than P3D. Again that would be rectified the first time you make a successful connection to FS

3. Provided the P3D files have been created in your PF3/Data folder all will be well. You should have 5 files starting with the name PF3_P3D and two files with the name PF3P3DData.

I hope that helps and if you have any further questions please post them on our support forum because I very rarely visit these forums and an important question could go unanswered.  :smile:

Dave March

Developer

OnCourse Software

Good to see Dave (PFE Dev) here on AVSIM.

I finally have PFE working well in FSX and now there's a new version. :smile:

Enjoy a great ATC add-on for P3D v3!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hoping for a YT tutorial video - that should clear things up - just a thought a video showing a quick tut  before a product launch would probably sell more copies, I'll wait till I see it in action

Rich Sennett

Thanks much Dave !  Downloading the new DEMO now and removing the EXE s placed by EMT tool .  Great to see this product for the Prepar3D community  :smile:

WAT1460.png