Sign in to follow this  
tarere

Prepar3D v3.2 is out !

Hi Rich, the .cfg file is still set at 6.5, try changing  the value. 

bob

edit it would be nice to know what values we can use.

I am not at home - I doubt they will let us change that - thats like shooting themselves in the foot  - to many will say but my cfg. setting is at 12.5 and my sim dont run lol

Hmmmm

I appreciate the frequency of P3D updates,

however I'm less happy that it requires everytime a reinstall  :sad:

I was just halfway installing V3.1... It takes days/weeks completely installing all add-ons  :Whew:

Sincerely hope they will provide incremental installers in the future.

You could go back to FSX  :wink:

Just couldn't resist

Rich Sennett

It does NOT require a reinstall. Did you really read the release notes? 

Kind regards, Michael

To install the Prepar3D v3.2 Client, you must first uninstall thePrepar3D v3.0/v3.1 Client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel

How should I interpret this?

• Upvote 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

To install the Prepar3D v3.2 Client, you must first uninstall thePrepar3D v3.0/v3.1 Client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel

Uninstalling and installing the clients does not require a complete reinstallation. The clients contain the core components of P3D, not scenery or aircraft.

NAX669.png

Select 'Uninstall Prepar3D' in Control panel, Un-Cork a good bottle of something, Kiss the Wife and Kids goodnight and goodbye and be prepar3d to spend a week of Purgatory trying to put it all back together again!!

• Upvote 3

Regarding compatibility following update to 3.2 client:

Confirmed working (using latest available installers):

PMDG 200LR/F and -300ER

EZdok

FSRealtime

FSUIPC

Confirmed broken pending update:

ASN (most likely just a simple AS_Connect update).

Not working, as I just read: Objectflow.dll ORBX confirmed working on it.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

The devs have been saying at the P3D forums for a while that 3.2 is going to have "performance updates."

Any idea what they are and whether they amount to anything?

tested (uninstall of P3D V3.1 client, and install of V3.2 client)

Performance and rendition seems better ! looks very promising.! I have made a test fly at TNCM (Fly Tampa) and LGSK (29 palms) with carenado C90GTX.

Although developers on the Beta would have access to the "release" build before it's actually released (LM isn't that cruel) ... it's still a relative short period of time.  How long it takes to update is entirely up to those developers, but in the past most of those devs have been VERY responsive ... the only devs I know (there maybe more) that have this version dependency are:

1.  ASN (HiFi)

2.  Orbx and only ObjectFlow aspect of Orbx

3.  GTN 

4.  FSUIPC (often still works without update but some items not functional)

5.  Virtuali (FSDT/FB) - sometimes Umberto gets this updated prior to release

Only item I didn't check is SODE v1.2x or v1.3x ... but I don't think SODE has EXE/DLL dependency?

Those are the only ones I'm aware of that have a version dependency ... but there could be others.  In most cases these devs provide updates rather quickly.

Cheers, Rob.

If i only install the new client, wich updates are there inculded? Is there the better performance andt the waves? I dont want to install again all my addons.

And whats abou the sdk? Do i need this?

Thanks for help.

Did they increased the size of the moon or is it my imagination...? :smile:

post-100554-0-30560700-1457387344.jpg

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

If i only install the new client, wich updates are there inculded? Is there the better performance andt the waves? I dont want to install again all my addons.

And whats abou the sdk? Do i need this?

Thanks for help.

Did anyone of your care to read the release notes? It's all there.

The SDK is not required, but optional, but I always install it.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11