Sign in to follow this  
asanal

OOM nightmare

IT took me three month to  upgrading my pc to HIGH END  with GPU Titanx CPU i7-5960X and installed P3d v3.2 with out any problem. Finally I said to my self I have everything, now I can fly with PMDG 77X .

Wow how was I wrong .

First flight:  I loaded P3D 3.2 with 2.8 GB available  VAS.  When  777X was ready to leave gate my VAS reduced to 600MB. At cruise I got OOM.   

Second flight t reduced the settings ,I got another OOM

Third flight: I selected small air port with less scenery, it didn't make any difference  OOM

Forth Flight : chanced to PMDG 737 OOM.

fifth flight: MJC800Q400 : OOM

:help:

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I don't think better pc components will help with VAS

ZORAN

I have the same exact problem. See my sig.

I recently purchased a really expensive PC and I cant believe I have OOM all the time. :-(  I tried every tweak and the conclusion is that flying big planes and complex airports is frustrating.

I think the only solution is to wait to Prepar3D 64bit version.

Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz ; Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i GT ; Mb Asus Maximus VIII Hero ; 240Gb SSD Kingston SSDNow V300+ 2TB SSD Samsung EVO exclusive for Prepar3D v3.2 + 2xSeagate 6TB SATA3 64MB ; 32GB DDR4 2400 G.Skill Ripjaws V Red ;  

Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB ; 48" TV Samsung HW-7500 Curved UHD 60Hz 

Also someone stated  (Rob ? )that using HyperThreading could increase VAS by 3-600MB on some CPU/systems?

Check with HT=off as well

And remember latest PMDG777 version as well as stated by Tom

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

P3D is still 32 bit software, which implies it can only access 4GB of RAM, regardless of how good your system is. However,

fifth flight: MJC800Q400 : OOM

This indicates that you probably have to adjust your scenery settings. While PMDG planes are known for OOM problems, the Q400 is one of the most efficient planes in this regard. 

Peter

It does seem a bit strange that you have OOM'd so frequently.

Apart from the suggestions from Michael and Tom, keep in mind that V3 is still not totally OOM proof. If you start the 777 at a highly detailed airport in a high detailed scenery area (FTX Northern Cali or FTX England) with other addons running, you will more than likely OOM.

Don't run the 777 or 737 in an Orbx region other than FTX Global if you are using an addon airport.

Also, be sure it's a OOM and not a general crash.  I've seen plenty of posts where they think it's an OOM as that's the craze these days. :)  Check drivers, stress test your system, etc may help.

Cheers,

Matt.

Matt Webb

Sounds more like a memory leak from scenery, because its not specific to 1 aircraft.

tpewpb-6.png

I would suggest a plain vanilla install, no add-on scenery, just the PMDG planes (one at a time, starting with the latest version of the 777) perform your flight and see if the OOM reoccur.  If it does not, start adding the add-on slowly, check, repeat. 

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

The pictures of your P3D settings will help. Even now 4096 textures with LOD6.5 still generates OOM 

the Q400 is one of the most efficient planes in this regard.

Could not have stated better. I have done nearly a 100 flights with the PRO version, with nowhere near the OP's GPU specs, and have yet to experience a single OOM.

It's funny because better pcs or pc components mean more processing power which means more processing which ultimately leads to higher vas usage and likelihood of ooms.

You need to find a balance in the settings. 4096 textures and shadows at ultra will definitely cause ooms.

I have to disagree...

79jBBIe.png

FTX OpenLC, Australia, AYPY airport, VECTOR, 4096 textures, ASN, quite a lot of other stuff running, PMDG737 and as you can see i still have 1875MB of free memory.

Something is causing those OOMs and it's not coming from the T7.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11