Sign in to follow this  
ukplane1

Looking for a new verstaile GA/Business jet

Hi 

I just purchased Carenado 525A CJ2 for FSX/P3D and I don't see option to add the F1GTN750.

I have purchased that before for the RealAir Duke and you are right its. is joy to use..

I am curious where is it mentioned to able to configure GTN750. I love it.

Thank you

Bill Hagag

Hello Bill,

I recommend you jump over to the Carenado Support forum for the CJ2 and browse the posts there. You will find lots of friendly folks willing to help you out with adding your F1 GTN750 and answer your questions about your new CitationJet. You can send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the installer for the GTN for the CJ2.

Best Regards,

Ray

The Flight1 Mustang is visually appealing and their systems and G1000 implementation is accurate, though heavy on frames.

The Carenado business jets (Hawker, CJ2) are visually stunning and that's probably an understatement... but their systems are extremely lite (total reliance on default sim behaviors) and their avionics is not very accurate as compared to the real-world stuff. There are autopilot issues as well, though for some it is not important.

The current Eaglesoft offerings are not new releases, but they are probably new to you, which no one even considered. LOL

Speculation regarding future products is just that, speculation and of course... you can't fly that!

In the end, it is up to you to decide what you're looking for and what is important to you. No one else can decide that.

I disagree with this statement, completely. It misrepresents the fact that FLC rarely captures the altitude correctly unless you do some other autopilot things that are not by the book. A perusal of the Carenado forums here for the Hawker and the CJ2 will attest to that. Most end up using the VS function of the autopilot simply because they can't rely in the FLC to work correctly.

Yes, while this is certainly a true statement, rarely is probably a better descriptor than 'never'. I bet not 1 in 20 have a clue that increasing or decreasing thrust is the correct procedure for using FLC.

OK, Good. The 3rd one just showed up.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

LOL MY THREAD GOT HIJACKED

But keeper discussing because my basket list is getting bigger, i'll settle with some until qw 787 , pmdg v2 747 or , aerosoft crj which all seem SO CLOSE but so FAR AWAY.

There exists a Carenado bias, present in the simulation community, where some purchase a product that they publically admit lacks features, contains improper or erroneous coding, and flat out dishonest claims.

(emphasis Mine)

Not cool at all. And I suppose you can prove that to the "some purchasers" or to Carenado.

I'm also in the group of "few" users who have almost given up on trying to complete a flight in the Eaglesoft CX without it freezing the MFD or stuttering or getting an occasional  CTD.when looking up a Navaid on the FMC. (BTW: Only plane I own that that suffers from that). And I admit that when my CX does not fail it is a joy to fly.,

Turn off Windows Error Reporting, DEP, and UAC

That sounds just "One Pill Cures All Disease". Not to mention that users are mostly blamed for their mishaps when using your products, first it was Win8, now Win10.

It seems that every time someone asks for a recommendation for any type of biz jet, the STP arrives and ends up hijacking the thread and promoting their shop and backhandly badmouthing Carenado. Not in every case but about 99% of the time. Oh, the STP is the Same Three People. (one is running late but I expect him any minute)

Please folks give us a break. It is almost like there is a pecking order of the ones that show up to brag about the ones from the old school and kick sand in the face of the competition.

Regards,

Ray

Fully agree with that statement.

And I wonder, Who has a better business model?

Yes, while this is certainly a true statement, rarely is probably a better descriptor than 'never'. I bet not 1 in 20 have a clue that increasing or decreasing thrust is the correct procedure for using FLC.

Rarely isn't a good thing. LOL

When I'm climbing to altitude and the aircraft is going to level off at my cruise altitude, I don't pull the throttles back as it nears the altitude... I'm wanting the aircraft to accelerate to cruise speed, and the sooner the better. So the throttles will typically state at MCT until I am close to cruise speeds and which point I'll adjust as needed. Using this technique, 100% of the time the CJ2 will bust the altitude in FLC mode.

Whenever there is a vertical autopilot mode set (except ALT or VALT), there will always be an armed mode of ALTS or ALTV. Always. It should always, under absolutely every condition transition to capture mode and capture either the selected altitude or the VNAV altitude. The Carenado autopilot fails at this a lot in both the CJ2 and the Hawker.

I love both of the addons, and when I have some free time... I'll fly them for the fun... but they do have issues. I think the OP deserves to be aware of them.

I also own the Mustang... but don't fly it... not a G1000 fan, to be honest.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

In the end, it is up to you to decide what you're looking for and what is important to you. No one else can decide that.

:hi:

Just so the readers aren't lead too far away from the path . . . . The Carenado CJ2 is an exciting and fun to fly Citation Jet. Two of the 'frequent forum visitors' posted results of their cross country flights yesterday in the CJ2 using the standard issue Carenado FMS and AP. Both reported excellent results using SIDS STARS Airways intercepts and report their arrivals and approaches were dead on with good capture.

This is a quote from one of them that posted on page 1 of this thread.

"I took the day off, and did 2 flights. Using current AIRAC + ASN +REX + UTX Tropical America and TropicalSim Airports.

TFFF EMOLA5 A555 COY RTE4 BQN B520 ANTEX ANTEX1A MDPC

Did "full procedures SID/STAR & Airways" flew the Carenado CJ2 from TFFF to MDPC (Its Proline21, although limited accepted all entries and followed the FP to the dot on RWY 09)

then on the way back MDPC to TFFF I used the Carenado Phenom 300 upgraded with the GTN750. What can I say mm... The leg was faster..

Both planes behaved like champions."

So, as WarpD stated above - "In the end, it is up to you to decide what you're looking for and what is important to you. No one else can decide that."

Ray

When I'm climbing to altitude and the aircraft is going to level off at my cruise altitude, I don't pull the throttles back as it nears the altitude... I'm wanting the aircraft to accelerate to cruise speed, and the sooner the better. So the throttles will typically state at MCT until I am close to cruise speeds and which point I'll adjust as needed. Using this technique, 100% of the time the CJ2 will bust the altitude in FLC mode.

Whenever there is a vertical autopilot mode set (except ALT or VALT), there will always be an armed mode of ALTS or ALTV. Always. It should always, under absolutely every condition transition to capture mode and capture either the selected altitude or the VNAV altitude. The Carenado autopilot fails at this a lot in both the CJ2 and the Hawker.

I love both of the addons, and when I have some free time... I'll fly them for the fun... but they do have issues. I think the OP deserves to be aware of them.

I also own the Mustang... but don't fly it... not a G1000 fan, to be honest.

That sounds great, but he feels that Carenado is modelled right, and anyone complaining just isn't smart or experienced enough and they're obviously doing something wrong. I take his word over yours too because no one can find anything wrong with the system modelling of Carenado aircraft! LOL This forum cracks me up. It's like reading youtube comments with all the "experts" shouting down real experts such as yourself

The original poster asked for PMDG and A2A quality biz aircraft, and Carenado has no place in that list.

/more/

I don't fly that way either. I guess I must have the AP fix and you don't. Of course, there could be other reasons we don't fly the same way.

Regards,

Ray

I fly it the way they teach at such institutions as FlightSafety. :smile:

I do not have any community mods installed, but in fact have only what I purchased from Carenado.

it seems most devs issue at least one hot fix /SP after release

Hah! Think I have that count beat... to death on Eaglesoft's Citation X :smile:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Topics like these interest me quite a bit since I honestly believe that in a few years the FS market will reach a stagnant point where we basically have all the commercial airliners we would be typically interested in.

Now and in the future, business jets (if done correctly) may see a significant increase in demand when everyone is bored of the typical Airbus and Boeing avionics. Flying a 747 or 777 for 8-13 hrs can be a little boring and the options for flying shorter flights are still limited if you want a high end aircraft.

As for the best business jets on the market, I think everyone has summed up the fact that Carenado has the newest products...they may not be the best products, but they certainly are new in a visual sense.

I have not tried the CJ2 but I have tried the Phenom 300 and it is pretty good. The G1000 actually has more features than the Flight1 Mustang but when it comes to accuracy and overall presentation, the Mustang wins hands down.

As for Eaglesoft, their CX is old but quite honestly if you can put aside the dated exterior and interior model, the systems are outstanding and way ahead of their time. Perhaps the developer or a talented enthusiast should have updated the paintkit to an HD paintkit to extend its life span until v3 comes along.

If I had to recommend a product tody, my personal recommendation is the Phenom 300, Citation Mustang, ES Citation X and the Flight1 Kingair. If Ray also recommends the CJ2 then it has to be good also.

Ultimately, I think that this topic would be much more productive if there were more options to select from. I am hoping that ES releases the XLS this year and maybe even the 605. If Wilco also puts out the 7X and Milviz finishes up their Avanti, B350 and Learjet 60 we will truly have a wide array of options that will more than meet our expectations.

For the sake of mentioning it, It would be nice to have a realistic Learjet 45 - (let's face it...no one flies the default version and it IS the best looking learjet...)

Global Express - (If the G5000 is too much to simulate, why not try the Honeywell version..that should be much easier and it would finally usher in the era of long haul business jets for FS..)

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

That sounds great, but he feels that Carenado is modelled right, and anyone complaining just isn't smart or experienced enough and they're obviously doing

The original poster asked for PMDG and A2A quality biz aircraft, and Carenado has no place in that list.

Did you just decide to make this up or what. The OP did not state that he was seeking a PMDG or A2A quality biz jet. What he did say was that he had been flying them and nothing in between. That is how crap like this gets off track so easily. Wow.

In this case, I responded first with my recommendations and Carenado happened to at the top of the list.

Regards,

Ray

I fly it the way they teach at such institutions as FlightSafety. :smile:

I do not have any community mods installed, but in fact have only what I purchased from Carenado.

Hah! Think I have that count beat... to death on Eaglesoft's Citation X :smile:

That is where I got my Citation training.

Ray

Topics like these interest me quite a bit since I honestly believe that in a few years the FS market will reach a stagnant point where we basically have all the commercial airliners we would be typically interested in. Now and in the future, business jets (if done correctly) may see a significant increase in demand when everyone is bored of the typical Airbus and Boeing avionics. Flying a 747 or 777 for 8-13 hrs can be a little boring and the options for flying shorter flights are still limited if you want a high end aircraft. As for the best business jets on the market, I think everyone has summed up the fact that Carenado has the newest products...they may not be the best products, but they certainly are new in a visual sense. I have not tried the CJ2 but I have tried the Phenom 300 and it is pretty good. The G1000 actually has more features than the Flight1 Mustang but when it comes to accuracy and overall presentation, the Mustang wins hands down. As for Eaglesoft, their CX is old but quite honestly if you can put aside the dated exterior and interior model, the systems are outstanding and way ahead of their time. Perhaps the developer or a talented enthusiast should have updated the paintkit to an HD paintkit to extend its life span until v3 comes along. If I had to recommend a product tody, my personal recommendation is the Phenom 300, Citation Mustang, ES Citation X and the Flight1 Kingair. If Ray also recommends the CJ2 then it has to be good also. Ultimately, I think that this topic would be much more productive if there were more options to select from. I am hoping that ES releases the XLS this year and maybe even the 605. If Wilco also puts out the 7X and Milviz finishes up their Avanti, B350 and Learjet 60 we will truly have a wide array of options that will more than meet our expectations. For the sake of mentioning it, It would be nice to have a realistic Learjet 45 - (let's face it...no one flies the default version and it IS the best looking learjet...) Global Express - (If the G5000 is too much to simulate, why not try the Honeywell version..that should be much easier and it would finally usher in the era of long haul business jets for FS..)

This sums it up very nicely. I am expecting this next year or so to be when we actually move from the patch work biz jets to the more high fidelity models. I would love to have a choice of flying an ESDG XLS+, Flight1 Lear60 something, a Milviz Lear 60XR or whomever is going to build the PC-24. I wouldn't be totally surprised to see a pure jet coming from the A2A hangar.

Best Regards,

Ray

I've had exactly the opposite experience, I've never seen FLC not capture the preset altitude and I have the throttles rammed to the wall from takeoff till TOD. Seriously, same experience on virtually 100% of my flights with both the C90 GTX and now the 525, no workarounds, no hacks, just press the FLC button, select a speed and wait for TOC. Not once have I seen it blow through my preset altitude. I honestly have no idea where these claims that FLC doesn't work come from. :unknw:

LOL MY THREAD GOT HIJACKED

But keeper discussing because my basket list is getting bigger, i'll settle with some until qw 787 , pmdg v2 747 or , aerosoft crj which all seem SO CLOSE but so FAR AWAY.

Is a bucket list and a basket list basically the same thing? :wink:

Ray

I've had exactly the opposite experience, I've never seen FLC not capture the preset altitude and I have the throttles rammed to the wall from takeoff till TOD. Seriously, same experience on virtually 100% of my flights with both the C90 GTX and now the 525, no workarounds, no hacks, just press the FLC button, select a speed and wait for TOC. Not once have I seen it blow through my preset altitude. I honestly have no idea where these claims that FLC doesn't work come from. :unknw:

Thanks Jim. Sometimes it is like a minefield here. It is good to hear the voice of reason every now and then.

Ray

Just one word in parting. The CX2.0 won the Avsim Gold Star Award long before anyone knew of Ray Marshall reviews or Carenado.

Of course that was back when Tom ran the place and there was some sense that other reviewers exist besides Ray and his Carenado bias. :hi:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Stop. This isn't about Ray. It's about choices, and honest information without bias. Leave individuals out of it.

• Upvote 2

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69