Sign in to follow this  
ukplane1

Looking for a new verstaile GA/Business jet

Well said Ron,

There is a Carenado bias here at Avsim which is surprising as Carenado release product after product with the same shortcomings.

Folks around here buy them all on day one and then diligently set about getting them working properly, no wonder the Developer never bothers to improve, I think it's got to the point for some where fixing up Carenado's for the community is almost a hobby in itself.

Much as I love Business jets you won't find me wasting my money anything by Carenado.

Actually I think their smaller stuff is typically fine after a SP. it seems most devs issue at least one hot fix /SP after release these days. I'm done with their bizjets though I agree.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm not trying to tell you nothing, and I never said all Carenado's

You said it was not realistic.

But the fact remains. Real CJ1 & CJ2s are being upgraded to GTNs 750/650, and I still see the Proline's in those pics.

So a Carenado CJ2 with a GTN mod mimics realistic models.

I said putting in a GTN to replace the ProLine in Carenado's airplanes (and ignoring their no realistic system modelling) isn't realistic. That's it. That is why in my opinion the OP should be looking at Flight1, Milviz, Eaglesoft, Flysimware, since they are used to fully modelled airplanes from PMDG and A2A as the person explained in their first post.

And here is a retrofit of a GTN into a cockpit like the CJ2

As you can see they don't put it in the ND where the user created mods do, so this is also unrealistic.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t31.0-8/10628913_825514937506860_3435593340340450422_o.jpg

Actually I think their smaller stuff is typically fine after a SP. it seems most devs issue at least one hot fix /SP after release these days. I'm done with their bizjets though I agree.

I only fly one Carenado aircraft, the PC-12 and only because Autogyro worked on an engine realism mod and Bert has helped fix most bugs. I wish some people on this forum would stop excusing Carenado and force them to start fixing bugs and releasing better products. The community will be better for having better quality Carenado aircraft because they do models that other companies do not do.

Hey i normally fly A2A C172 or PMDG aircraft but nothing inbetween.

So therefore i need your opinions on a versatile GA/business jet.

And mention if it has Garmin G1000 or not cause i'm in the middle on whether i like it.

Opinions on Flight 1 King Air?

Is there any aircraft that can also do sids/stars in this "categoryish" *( made up word )

I fly exclusively on Vatsim

Cheers

Nathan Young

If you want jets at the level of A2A, Realair, or PMDG, then you must get the F1 Citation Mustang & the ES Citation v2. The ESCX v2 was recently on sale and the Mustang is bargain priced. 

For your money, you get excellent documentation, professional navigation equipment, and you will become a better sim pilot.

If you don't have FSUIPC payware, the GTN 750, or ASN, you should consider these add-ons. They are on the list of essential add-ons for FSX/P3D.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi Folks,

I use Win10...

Well - I've certainly been in the original posters shoes for the last few months - been looking for a good business jet - and for the record I'm probably one of Carenado's biggest skeptics... Too many purchases left off at 90% to 95% complete for my tastes... 

A few weeks ago - I started with the CJ1+ Extreme from Eaglesoft - as despite the somewhat dated graphics - it was the closest match to what I was looking for... I loaded up my old FSX Gold disk version (even though I'm a P3D user) - specifically so I could fly the CJ1+ and invested the hours to configure FSX properly... The plane installed fine and I was seriously looking forward to flying it... Unfortunately - as soon as the sound started which was the moment I clicked to launch the scenario - every 15 to 30 seconds the sim would stutter which would last for 5 or 6 seconds - it was bad and truly unusable... It was smooth as silk between the stutter periods so it didn't seem like a system load issue... I searched both the AvSim, Flightsim, and ES forums for answers...There was a post on the ES forum that stated when using Win10 - turn off Windows Error Reporting, DEP, and UAC - which I did however it did not help... When I posted on the ES forum Ron stated don't use Win10 as it's too bloated to run their software properly... Unfortunately - I already have Win10 and I don't have a PC I can dedicate to running ES products... In addition - even PMDG products - probably the undisputed most complex addons ever made for FS - run on Win10... While I certainly can't expect a developer to go back through all their legacy products to make them Win10 compatible - I certainly hope any new products released are Win10 compatible... Win10 is inevitable... 

I have since purchased the CJ2 525A from Carenado and it's a pretty decent plane... While the FMC is simplified - which I am fine with - I truly hope Carenado releases an update to provide some of the missing functionality...

Regards,
Scott       

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Scott, it is our duty to offer a full refund in cases like yours and we hope you took advantage of that policy.
Unfortunately the CJ1+ is a build which is in serious need of a total rebuild if running W10.
The CX2.0 has no such limitation and neither do our other products when folks reclaim proper control of their W10 OS.

The upcoming XLS+ and Challenger 605 will offer simmers a few choices.. :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hi Ron,

Yep - one of the few times of taken advantage of the refund policy - LOL - there's still a twinge of guilt even though I fully comply with the F1 policy...

:wink:

That sounds encouraging - I really liked what I saw of the CJ1+ - so I would be interested in future products that are Win10 compatible...

Appreciate the response...

Regards,
Scott

To date, we are unaware of any other development house which relies on the public and simulation community to purchase, then rebuild to suit servicability requirements. 

:lol: It's opensource, excepted it's close and Carenado gets to keep all the money.  I have to admit that the Carenado Jets look and sound so good, you almost do not want to fly them, just walk around and drool.  That's the appeal of their products.  Many here like the appeals so much they are wiling to pool together resources to help each other out, and I am sometime the beneficiary of the community effort and am grateful.  My gripe is why do I have to shell out money for incomplete product? To each their choice, this time I successfully abstained.  Hopefully by now, the OP have enough info to decide.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Hi Ron,

Yep - one of the few times of taken advantage of the refund policy -

LOL - there's still a twinge of guilt even though I fully comply with the F1 policy... :wink:

That sounds encouraging - I really liked what I saw of the CJ1+ - so I would be interested in future products that are Win10 compatible...

Appreciate the response...

Regards,

Scott

No problem Scott, glad you tried the CJ1+.

Perhaps after the XLS+ and Challenger 605 are RTM, we can look at our list of projects in the development hanger that no one else knows a thing about.. :Whistle:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

If you are used to flying aircraft with the systems replication standard of A2A and PMDG, then I am not sure any of the currently available business jets will satisfy you, certainly not those from Carenado, which, although providing great eye-candy, start to fall short on systems replication. As others have said however, adding the GTN750 (an excellent purchase in its own right as an addon to many FSX aircraft) can go much of the way towards addressing these issues in many Carenado products although not all.

Although I don't have the V2.0 version of the Eaglesoft Citation X, I had the V1 version which was very good in it's day, so it may well be that the improved V2.0 Citation X would provide the standard you require although I will leave advice on that to the opinion of those who own it.

If you are considering a turboprop GA aircraft then the exceptionally good Real Air Turbine Duke V.2 might be one to seriously consider, although the Flight 1 King Air B200, as others have said, is also excellent. I know it doesn't fall into the classification of either GA or Business Jet, but if you want something intermediate in size between the A2A Cessna 172 and I am assuming the PMDG jets, then the Majestic Q400, arguably the best turboprop airliner available for FSX, can be recommended without reservation.

Bill

A year frrom now things sure will be different Ray.

They will SURELY be VERY different..

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

LOL - I'm interested in the MilViz Lear 60 as well...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

... I use Win10...

...Unfortunately - as soon as the sound started which was the moment I clicked to launch the scenario - every 15 to 30 seconds the sim would stutter which would last for 5 or 6 seconds - it was bad and truly unusable... It was smooth as silk between the stutter periods so it didn't seem like a system load issue... I searched both the AvSim, Flightsim, and ES forums for answers...There was a post on the ES forum that stated when using Win10 - turn off Windows Error Reporting, DEP, and UAC - which I did however it did not help... 

I had the same issue with their Citation X, so this is not just a problem with the CJ1. (Although my stutting was much more pronounced stuttering for 5-6 seconds every few seconds.) Something in my particular setup is causing issues with either their .dll or .gau file. Seems most people can run this just fine while there are a handful who have this issue. Deleting the .dll file seemed to improve entire sim performance but the CX still stuttered... I bought the product back in 2009 and was able to run it until W10, so I got my moneys worth.

Other then the Majestic Dash 8 I think we are still a year away from a fully developed Pro Line 21 product. (Just my wild guess here.) Meanwhile the real world has moved on to Pro Line Fusion and Garmin 5000 and I have yet to hear anyone willing to tackle these products in FS. 

It's funny that all W7 users have little problems with FSX, SE, and P3D until they introduce those products to the W10 OS.
Right here at Avsim W10 forums one can find one sad story after another interspersed with a few success stories. It all seems reminescent of the W8 craziness.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hi Ken,

Thanks for confirmation - you know - when I'm troubleshooting - I'm always second guessing myself thinking it's something with my setup... It seemed like some process was kicking off intermittently - causing the problem...

Much appreciated...

Regards,
Scott