Sign in to follow this  
airernie

SIMStarter NG Released

According to Capt Pero's message in the SIMStarter support forum, SIMStarter NG was released today.

Information and price on the Aerosoft site if you type 'SIMStarter NG' in search.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm surprise anyone would spend money on a utility like this.

Why?

Why?

Just seems so unnecessary. I start FSX, select plane, location and time and go.

I haven't tried it yet, but just some days I thought: I have this saved FSX flight with this plane cold&dark at airport X, saved as my default flight. If I want to start at a different airport, I just select it and start free flight.

Works well, but ...

Now I have a second saved flight with engines running and/or a different plane at airport X, but I want to start this at airport Y ... but when loading this saved flight, FSX already starts loading everything at airport X, I could probably save time/RAM/whatever when directly selecting airport Y instead of after loading everything for airport X.

(and all this without creating more save files for other airports)

According to the documentation (I have to try it), the free version already supports this. But maybe the new paid version has this feature implemented in a better way or some other feature that would fit my (or someone else's) use case. I just wanted to point out a single example of the benefit such a program can have compared to just starting the sim.

If you take the time to look at all its capabilities, you may see things differently. However, if you always use the same settings:scenery, etc for all your flights, you may not need it.

I used the old Simstarter a lot and never donated. Think I'll buy this for that reason. And Capt Pero has always given great support and quick updates.

Great program (the freeware).  I have different settings saved for all types of different flying I do....saves lots of time and FPS.

Cant imagine flying without it now. Probably my most useful add on

I purchased it last night, looking forward to checking it out shortly.

Very good program, some good improvements over the freeware version (one of which being it supports P3D v3.2).  Really like how this can handle my scenery, all liveries to aircraft and manage what I see.  Also, finally glad that I have a program that starts EZDok after FS is ready so I don't get the Simconnect timeout error.  Lots more that it can do and I only use a fraction of its capabilities but very good program and for the price well worth it.

Agreed Mark. I look at it like this , SS keeps my house in order. Its used every single time I fly so without out doubt its the most used add on along with ASN.

Very good program, some good improvements over the freeware version (one of which being it supports P3D v3.2).  Really like how this can handle my scenery, all liveries to aircraft and manage what I see.  Also, finally glad that I have a program that starts EZDok after FS is ready so I don't get the Simconnect timeout error.  Lots more that it can do and I only use a fraction of its capabilities but very good program and for the price well worth it.

Mark,

How is the SimObjects.cfg module? That was my concern with the freeware. Couldn't deactivate certain folders.

The SimObjects Manager can turn off the following on my system.  It looks like if you make another SimObjects folder the program will have the ability to turn it off.  I just read that based on another request Pero is uploading the manual and will have a link available on the Aerosoft site.

Airplanes

Rotocraft

GroundVehicles

Boats

Animals

Misc

MyTraffic\Aircraft

It's certainly not snake oil, and I can see how it would be useful for some people.

I fly on VATSIM thus and select my flights based on ATC coverage, airport activity, and weather (contrary to real world flying, I enjoy flying in bad weather in the sim), so each of my flights is different than the last. 

Before booting into FSX I use SceneryConfigEditor to enable the two airports I'll flying from/to and have all other airport disabled. If I mess up, forget or change flights I can do this via the FSX Scenery Manager.

I then use a default Cessna 172 flight which I always load into my departure airport, thus I am not loading into one scenery and then loading a second scenery on top of that.

Given how I fly, I don't see how the program would benefit me, but as I said up top I can certainly see how it would very useful to others. 

As an Admin at Aerosoft, I watch Pero's support and he does a great job of not only providing timely (if not immediate) support but also listens to ideas of his customers.  First rate in my book!

My very Best Wishes and Happy Flights to everyone!

Having used the freeware version following a recommendation on AvSim I will certainly buy the payware version to support a very clever enthusiast.

I fly a 737-800 via Project Magenta so the 'panel' is very meagre on resources. Therefore I can increase AutoGen and other scenery settings without VAS becoming a problem.

However, when flying Concorde I need lower settings and SimStarter allows me to have those with minimal effort from me to change the settings.

Captain Pero is to be applauded.

I bought this last night, had a quick tinker with it but need to spend more time on it over the weekend.  Already I have 3 profiles setup - one for VFR, PMDG 737 and Q400.  When flying VFR I like to turn up the eye candy however flying the 737 I turn autogen down and decrease some of the sliders.  I also fly VFR locked FPS at 31 but unlimited in the 737.  It can also configure your ASN settings as well, amazing stuff.  I think it's also incredibly useful to open all my applications at the same time at the click of a button, again this differs depending on the aircraft I want to fly.  The amount of times I have set everything up loaded the 737 and then realised I didn't change my ORBX region!  Now I have FTX central pop up automatically before the sim starts, heck you can even automate which region to select to if needs be.  It has reduced my setup time from sit down to taxi by at least 15-20 minutes.  This doesn't sound a lot but I have a small family and time is precious sp being able to launch SS NG and click a button to see everything fire up automatically is awesome!