Sign in to follow this  
danipelos

First thoughts after purchase

I purchased the Phenom 300 1.3 with the Navdata expansion v1.3, updated it to the current AIRAC cycle (1604) and jumped into the cockpit to have some fun.

I planned a quick Barbados- St Maarten flight (TBPB-TNCM) to test the autopilot capabilities and discovered that...

- FLC mode does NOT work at all. I set an initial altitude of 8000ft and the autopilot just kept climbing like a rocket after FL080.

- SPD SEL mode does NOT work. Suposely you have to set the corresponding thrust mode for each phase of flight, well I did and couldn't see the autopilot controling airspeed in any way (nor pitch nor N1).

- VNV altitudes in the flightplan page cannot be changed, I tried to do a step climb during cruise and I just coulnd't change the altitude numbers in the flightplan page.

- VNV mode does NOT work. I set and activated a GPS approach into St Maarten and the autopilot did not descent in VNV mode, I had to use VS mode to descend, if not I would have passed over the rwy at FL280.

In conclusion: I got a fancy aircraft with a high quality 3D cockpit full of fancy screens and fancy switches that DO NOT WORK. I had to manage the whole flight using VS mode since it is the only way I could control vertical navigation.

I know this is not a PMDG lvl aircraft but I payed 45€ for it and I expected it would be at least flyable. I wanted a fast business jet to use in short jumps when Im not using my PMDG aircrafts...I guess Ill just ask for a refund...oh wait, I cant. Thank you so much Carenado, I will NEVER buy anything else from you.

Yes, you're right and I'm also will never buy anything else from Carenado

And yet a prominent Avsim staff member and reviewer with 5000hrs says they work great.

Well based on his recommendation and against my gut instinct I bought the CJ2.

Guess what, It does not work correctly, not even close.

Money wasted, never again.

I purchased the Phenom 300 1.3 with the Navdata expansion v1.3, updated it to the current AIRAC cycle (1604) and jumped into the cockpit to have some fun.

I planned a quick Barbados- St Maarten flight (TBPB-TNCM) to test the autopilot capabilities and discovered that...

- FLC mode does NOT work at all. I set an initial altitude of 8000ft and the autopilot just kept climbing like a rocket after FL080.

- SPD SEL mode does NOT work. Suposely you have to set the corresponding thrust mode for each phase of flight, well I did and couldn't see the autopilot controling airspeed in any way (nor pitch nor N1).

- VNV altitudes in the flightplan page cannot be changed, I tried to do a step climb during cruise and I just coulnd't change the altitude numbers in the flightplan page.

- VNV mode does NOT work. I set and activated a GPS approach into St Maarten and the autopilot did not descent in VNV mode, I had to use VS mode to descend, if not I would have passed over the rwy at FL280.

In conclusion: I got a fancy aircraft with a high quality 3D cockpit full of fancy screens and fancy switches that DO NOT WORK. I had to manage the whole flight using VS mode since it is the only way I could control vertical navigation.

I know this is not a PMDG lvl aircraft but I payed 45€ for it and I expected it would be at least flyable. I wanted a fast business jet to use in short jumps when Im not using my PMDG aircrafts...I guess Ill just ask for a refund...oh wait, I cant. Thank you so much Carenado, I will NEVER buy anything else from you.

Yes I believe you can get a refund. I think its pretty well hidden on their site though. I will go and have a look

edit

The really do refund,check out this thread however Im not sure how its done

http://www.avsim.com/topic/469060-carenado-relationship-with-flight1/

ZORAN

Same thing with Hawker for me.

Only GTN mod saved the plane from being dumped into thrash can.

They won't get any of my money ever again.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Yes I believe you can get a refund. I think its pretty well hidden on their site though. I will go and have a look

edit

The really do refund,check out this thread however Im not sure how its done

http://www.avsim.com/topic/469060-carenado-relationship-with-flight1/

I can't find any info about refunding in that thread. Plus I bought it through the official website not through flight1s website.

I will try through their ticket system. At least they will have to hear me complaining :wink:

And the really sad part is that stuff like this and just plain poor programming/testing is what discourages people from getting into or staying in the hobby.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

And yet a prominent Avsim staff member and reviewer with 5000hrs says they work great.

Well based on his recommendation and against my gut instinct I bought the CJ2.

Guess what, It does not work correctly, not even close.

Money wasted, never again.

And this, boys and girls, is why you should ALWAYS trust your gut.  Sorry Glynn, didn't mean to rub it in.  I guess we all learn over time and to some, at greater extents than others.  One night, long ago, I got an itch to use my credit card and bought two of Carenado's aircraft, the C182 and the Grand Caravan.  After about a month of usage, I discovered A2A.  Suffice to say, the Carenado's have been sitting gathering virtual dust.  I bought in to their Phenom 100 when it came out, and that too is sitting around.

Sure, Carenado creates beautiful aircraft models, highly detailed and they are known for that.  As for mechanics though, they have yet to impress me.  I hate to speak ill of the company but it seems they have a long history of playing up the capabilities of their aircraft, but so many people have issues.  If only they grouped with folks that could do the mechanics side of things, then their products would be worth their weight in gold.

-Jim

Not to rub salt in the wound, but for what you paid for that aircraft, you could have turned around and bought the Aerosoft A320/321.  This is a great short to mid haul aircraft with everything functioning as it should.  I am still very impressed with what Aerosoft put together.  Now, if only their CRJ gets released soon. :)

-Jim

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I feel the same way about Carenado Dan, and i know myself and a pile of other's only bought it cause good guy Bert gave us the mod to slap the GTN750 in.  

And this, boys and girls, is why you should ALWAYS trust your gut

+1. This has always worked well for me in Flight-Simming. I've never bought anything and regret it afterwards.

the Aerosoft A320/321

Is it very good? Do you advise buying it or would you rather wait for the FSLabs 320? I'm asking because in this case what my gut is telling me is "stay away from a private label product".

To other readers: Of course I could be very wrong, I haven't even read one review on the Aerosoft 320 and I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone here. Don't stop buying it just because of my comment.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

+1. This has always worked well for me in Flight-Simming. I've never bought anything and regret it afterwards.

Is it very good? Do you advise buying it or would you rather wait for the FSLabs 320? I'm asking because in this case what my gut is telling me is "stay away from a private label product". Of course I could be wrong, I haven't even read one review on the Aerosoft 320 and I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone here. Don't stop buying it just because of my comment.

Well, considering I have never used anything from FSLabs, I cannot make an informed comparison.  I will however, say that for the money, Aerosoft's A320/321 is a pretty stable aircraft in P3D and with the added audio checklists and co-pilot functionality, it makes for a great aircraft to learn in.  I'd never owned any Aerosoft branded aircraft before, but considering that many Youtubers fly it, I got a bit jealous and wanted to see what all the fuss was about.  Gald I did, as this is a pretty easy tubeliner to fly and it's fun. :)

-Jim

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Carenado Support, Apr 12, 10:23:

Greetings,

Which simulator are you using?

Why are you saying that is not working?

AP is working as it should, otherwise we wouldn´t release it, it was tested by a real life EMB505 pilot.

Could you describe the procedures you are doing?

Regards,

Carenado.

Really? And why would people spend another 50 bucks on Flight1's GTN 750 addon if your autopilot is "working as it should"? :fool:

Not to rub salt in the wound, but for what you paid for that aircraft, you could have turned around and bought the Aerosoft A320/321. This is a great short to mid haul aircraft with everything functioning as it should. I am still very impressed with what Aerosoft put together. Now, if only their CRJ gets released soon. :)

-Jim

Ive got the fabulous NGX from PMDG :smile:

I just wanted a small fast business jet to have some fun. I guess Ill have to reinstall my old Flight1's Mustang...

I can't find any info about refunding in that thread. Plus I bought it through the official website not through flight1s website.

I will try through their ticket system. At least they will have to hear me complaining :wink:

Like I said I dont know how its done. That thread is just proof it CAN be done..good luck

ZORAN

Daniel, I had the same thought about the AP.  If they say it works and it does, then why spend money to buy a separate unit?  This is where I had issues with Carenado, and despite the fact that many people have made another purchase for the GTN750, it still doesn't make sense to me personally to buy an aircraft equipped with a unit that should work but yet turn around and purchase a separate one to make the system work.

I gave up on Carenado.  Yep, their pretty but my positive opinion ends there.  I always want aircraft that work, inside and out.  The more detail taken with not just the aircraft model itself, but all of the systems.  If I wanted a basic aircraft, I'd stuck with the default FSX models and left it at that.

-Jim

Daniel, I had the same thought about the AP.  If they say it works and it does, then why spend money to buy a separate unit?  This is where I had issues with Carenado, and despite the fact that many people have made another purchase for the GTN750, it still doesn't make sense to me personally to buy an aircraft equipped with a unit that should work but yet turn around and purchase a separate one to make the system work.

I gave up on Carenado.  Yep, their pretty but my positive opinion ends there.  I always want aircraft that work, inside and out.  The more detail taken with not just the aircraft model itself, but all of the systems.  If I wanted a basic aircraft, I'd stuck with the default FSX models and left it at that.

-Jim

With the GTN units being integrated into more and more aircraft most hardcore simmers here bought in a while back so its just a natural transition to fit them in Carenado planes when the mods are generously available however Its a bit silly to buy the GTN just for one plane.

ZORAN