Sign in to follow this  
unitedfan723

Video card brand?

Just curious which is more compatible with P3D Nvidia or AMD? Or should I say which brand helps P3D perform better or is there really no difference, and in that case it would come down to price. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

With P3D v2 the consensus seemed to be that It preferred Nvidia cards. Not so sure about v3 though.

Just curious which is more compatible with P3D Nvidia or AMD? Or should I say which brand helps P3D perform better or is there really no difference, and in that case it would come down to price. 

Just simple Nvidia... actually for the FS series it has always been Nvidia.

I'm always hearing Nvidia, and it is all have experience with. 980ti runs p3d3.2 incredibly well.

anyone used the amd  r9 390 8gig of ram sounds great for prep3d v3 I have a 970 and struggle in heavy weather, heavy scenary  on a triple monitor setup.

Prior to FSX I always found ATI better ( just my experience ) but for FSX & P3D I have found Nvidia works best.

I had both, and i can vouch that nvidia is better for flight simming...and in average for other games also, with similar cards of course...except for dx12, but thats another discution :dance:

Nvidia is the Gold standard for flight simming. 

After several Nvidia boards over the years, including Titan, I decided to switch to the AMD R9 390  with 8 gig of ram. I am well pleased with it and for the price, it's amazing.

For me from now, it's going to be AMD as my 1st choice.

Phil

I concur, nVidia is the way to go.

I've always used EGVA branded cards with nVidia chips and have never had an issue.

I don't mind getting 3 nvidia cards but trying to do a 3 monitor setup someone told me that 3 AMD R9 cards do better in a 3 monitor setup is that true? 

Nvidia is the Gold standard for flight simming. 

That is what I had gathered so far. 

After several Nvidia boards over the years, including Titan, I decided to switch to the AMD R9 390 with 8 gig of ram. I am well pleased with it and for the price, it's amazing.

For me from now, it's going to be AMD as my 1st choice.

Phil

Interesting I was wondering this only negative twice the power consumption of a g t x 970