Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Best Jet Fighter for P3D?

Any ideas would be welcome.  When I look on the web sites, most make no reference that they work in P3D.  Would be especially interested in an F-15 that works in P3D, or any other recommendations.

I currently have Aerosoft F-14 Extended, Iris A-10 Warthog Driver II, Razbam A-7, Virtavia A-4, Iris F-15 Mudhen Driver and I think an F-16 from Iris as well.

So for current fighters in other words aircraft modeled recently and for P3D I would go with the F-14 or A-10. The Razbam, Virtavia and most others are older FSX models but still work in P3D. I have to be honest I haven't reinstalled the F-15 or F-16 for P3D but I have a feeling they will work ok.

Ones I don't have that people rave about are Superbug F-18 and Milviz just put out a number of F-4 Phantoms.

If you are going to spend money I wouldn't go with those older ones like the F-15, F-16, etc. Its well worth the $20-40 for the F-14, A-10, F-4. Although the F-4 is slightly more expensive. The Virtavia and Razbam models are always on sale so you can pick them up for $10-20.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

According with the "literature", the most complex package should be the VRS Superbug F/A-18E.

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

I've been wanting to try the VRS Superbug F/A-18... especially for some dog fighting. But, it seems the tac pack doesn't support the current version of P3D.

I currently have Aerosoft F-14 Extended, Iris A-10 Warthog Driver II, Razbam A-7, Virtavia A-4, Iris F-15 Mudhen Driver and I think an F-16 from Iris as well.

So for current fighters in other words aircraft modeled recently and for P3D I would go with the F-14 or A-10. The Razbam, Virtavia and most others are older FSX models but still work in P3D. I have to be honest I haven't reinstalled the F-15 or F-16 for P3D but I have a feeling they will work ok.

Ones I don't have that people rave about are Superbug F-18 and Milviz just put out a number of F-4 Phantoms.

Thanks so much Jason.  Much good information here!

I have the Milviz F-4E and the VRS F-18 Superbug and both are excellent.  I've also heard very good things about the Lotus Simulations L-39 Albatross but not sure if that works in P3D. 

The VRS F-18 Superbug, Milviz F-4E, and F-100D are the best in my opinion.

I wish Milviz would update their F-15 to work in P3D.

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Lotus Simulations L-39 Albatross

Great plane and it does work in P3D.

• Upvote 1

Cattaneo's T-45C freeware is great as well and works in P3D. He also produced a payware F-35 (which was pretty good when it was freeware so I assume its much improved) and is working on a Typhoon.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I've been wanting to try the VRS Superbug F/A-18... especially for some dog fighting. But, it seems the tac pack doesn't support the current version of P3D.

TacPack supports P3d 3.2.The two best are the VRS bug and Dino C's payware F35.

TacPack supports P3d 3.2.The two best are the VRS bug and Dino C's payware F35.

ahhh, would you look at that. I may have to get that. Does it have AI planes that you can dog fight against?

You should take a look at FSX@War:

http://www.fsxwar.com/

Their Carrier and Convoy Planner (CCP), allows you to create and place air, land and naval vessels which you then can attack. Even without that, you can set up traffic schedules of various AI aircraft on your own with a variety of freeware apps. AI Flight Planner (AIFP3) is probably the most versatile for creating traffic schedules:

http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

Will you a get true AI dogfight? Not yet, to my knowledge, but maybe someone else can comment on that.

Also, TacPack come with SAM sites, drones and AI refuelers.

• Upvote 1

Best one?  That's tough.  Depends on how you like to fly too.

The VRS F-18 is fantastic based off reviews I read.  However it is Fly By Wire.  I purchased the Milviz F-4E over it because I prefer aircraft that are more challenging to fly.  

Do take a look at all of these (ignore P-38)!  :smile:

Ql3ei9U.jpg

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

If you're looking for something that can be a challenge to fly, because it's underpowered and will stall without much warning, check out the Lotus L39 like mentioned above. It's fantastic. I love it and am building a sim around it.

• Upvote 1

If you're looking for something that can be a challenge to fly, because it's underpowered and will stall without much warning, check out the Lotus L39 like mentioned above. It's fantastic. I love it and am building a sim around it.

Okay, if it's a challenge that you want, try A2A's Accusim Military P-51 Mustang. On the VRS official forum, one can find how to make the P-51 Tacpack aware with working Browning M2 .50cal Machine Guns . This simple conversion can also be done with dozens of other non-Tacpack military aircraft. The A2A P-51 is designed for FSX, but A2A doesn't seem to have a problem with its use in P3d, as long as one doesn't ask them for support.

Here's a nice video of a real life P-51 with working guns:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/10/21/restored-p-51-mustang-real-browning-m2-50cal-machine-guns/

• Upvote 1