Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

How to fix night time issue v3.2

So I have always flown in the daytime and decided to try a nighttime flight and discovered that the cockpit is way too dark. I can't see anything in the VC at all. Is there a way to fix this?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Pmdg 737. Also in Carenado CJ2

I can't even see the controls to even turn battery on

Pmdg 737. Also in Carenado CJ2

I can't even see the controls to even turn battery on

We need a vFlashlight, don't we.  What's the button to turn on batteries?

The switch on overhead panel

I meant the keystroke.  Maybe try "Shift M" (master battery) then "L" (lights).

My point being is that I should have to use a keystroke. I should be able to pan around the VC and turn on the switches. The VC is solid black.

We need a vFlashlight, don't we.  What's the button to turn on batteries?

Great idea. Is there a flashlight.dll out there?

Yeah don't think there is a tool for a flashlight like in x plane. There is FSlabs Spotlight. I have it as my cockpit lighting and I love it. Like I said to not a flashlight but you could make a light to act as a flashlight.

LOL - yep - been there - trying to find the darn light switch in the dark can be hard...

Regards,

Scott

The PC-12 has a bright white VC light so I replaced the VC light in the CJ2 with the one from the PC-12 and also added a couple more down lower where they light up the panel better. If you have the PC-12 installed you can replace the [Lights] section with this:

[lights]
light.0 = 10, 12.50, 0.00, 3.00, fx_vclightcarpcd
light.1 = 10, 14.0, -1.60, 1.50, fx_vclightcarpcd
light.2 = 10, 14.0, 1.60, 1.50, fx_vclightcarpcd

If you don't have the PC-12 you can replace fx_vclightcarpcd with fx_vclight which is a default effect and also fairly bright. This is the light you turn on by clicking the blue lens above you near the cabin curtain.

Jim

The best way I have found is to make sure you know where the dome light is towards the front of the rear overhead. As soon as I get power, I go back there and set it to Dim and then continue on. 

Are you using any shaders (Reshade, Shade, etc)? HDR on? I always found it to be way too bright at night with default P3D!!  I use Reshade and have a day and night setting.  Only then did it get pretty dark.

Yes using Sweetfx FILOU s setting from Orbx forums and using RealismShaderPack from Prepar3d forum here.

Yes using Sweetfx FILOU s setting from Orbx forums and using RealismShaderPack from Prepar3d forum here.

I'm not familiar with that particular SweetFX setting but my guess is that is why it is so dark.  Are you able to deactivate it just to see if that is the issue?