Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Dovetail - Anyone biting?

He was flying in cold conditions and you see the ASI 0-out in those conditions probably due to flying through those icy clouds. 

I certainly hope so and it does make sense.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I'll wait until the full version comes out and read reviews on it. Not really interested in the school version, I already know how to fly. Right now I am really happy with P3D. 

P3D is the best sincerely...A complete beast of a sim...Ive seen vids..and im not impressed by DTG flight school..Looks like they just took Orbx's entire catalogue of products and threw them in there and called it a new sim.. They didnt even make worldwide default airports look any better.. Theres something about P3D though...something i cant put my hands on yet..that makes it just so much better.. Im waiting on the full DTG simulator also though.

They didnt even make worldwide default airports look any better

Would be quite illogical to do considering their 'flight school' revolves around just two airports. That's something that should be on their agenda for the full sim some time down the road. 

P3D is the best sincerely...A complete beast of a sim...Ive seen vids..and im not impressed by DTG flight school..Looks like they just took Orbx's entire catalogue of products and threw them in there and called it a new sim.. They didnt even make worldwide default airports look any better.. Theres something about P3D though...something i cant put my hands on yet..that makes it just so much better.. Im waiting on the full DTG simulator also though.

They have different aims for a start, and that should be really taken into consideration.... DTG is designed to be a game, a flight simulation game. Does that make inferior to FSX or P3D - surely not...

In the end we will see what updates to the flight and systems modelling, AI, weather, ATC, scenery... will come with their Flight Sim, and then we will really be able to decide.

But going to be the first 64 bit ESP-derived platform means already a lot to me. Other will follow, but this was the first...

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Flew all the MSFS sims since the first. P3D makes FSX seem like going back to DOS 3.1,

All aboard the hyperbole train.

• Upvote 3

They didnt even make worldwide default airports look any better

show me how many default airports in P3D were improved . over FSX out of the box when P3D was out the first time ???

• Upvote 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Just got an email stating that if you buy now, you will get the DA42. Someone said it is 64bit, but looking at videos is not always the best way to truly see the product.

Bob

No, I'm not biting.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Geez, I have not really follow this much since they mentioned steam, but I just noticed that there are 2 products LOL 
The school and the flightsim. Wow, I should stop my skip reading. 

Seems you might have missed some of the details N1G. Here is quick summary of what is happen. 

We are releasing two new flight simulators. The first is DTG Flight School. due out tomorrow, the second is DTG Flight Simulator due out later in the year. Flight School is not Dovetail Games Flight Simulator. Flight School is a standalone experience designed to teach players the basics of flight simulation in a compelling and accessible way. DTG Flight Simulator is still in development and is planned to be a much more encompassing experience compared to the focused pilot training of Flight School. 

- Martin 

• Upvote 1

Seems you might have missed some of the details N1G. Here is quick summary of what is happen. 

We are releasing two new flight simulators. The first is DTG Flight School. due out tomorrow, the second is DTG Flight Simulator due out later in the year. Flight School is not Dovetail Games Flight Simulator. Flight School is a standalone experience designed to teach players the basics of flight simulation in a compelling and accessible way. DTG Flight Simulator is still in development and is planned to be a much more encompassing experience compared to the focused pilot training of Flight School. 

- Martin 

Hey Martin, I am now aware there are 2, but did not when I started the thread. I had no idea this would create such a firestorm. I of course will wait until I can get some positive feedback from those who actually purchased. I do think the price alone may allow me to just give it a try simply because there is a 3rd party piece of software for training which I did try, and I may just try FS just to compare the 2.  I read a couple of your threads and many here have really enjoyed your enthusiasm and eagerness to get involved with the community. That alone at least for me Martin, keeps me very interested. Just so you know.

Bob

• Upvote 1

Pre-ordered this. I like to support the developers.

• Upvote 1

Stone is likely correct. He was flying in cold conditions and you see the ASI 0-out in those conditions probably due to flying through those icy clouds. 

The ASI works fine until about 5:29, when it suddenly drops back to 0, so it does seem like pitot icing.

I'm going to look at this in a simple way. 

We all have vast amounts of money invested in our hobby. And i could understand all this debating going on when P3D was coming out being it was 200 bucks. (unless your the lifer students that we all see around here). But come on people, we are talking 15 bucks here. I think if we simply worked the amount of time we're debating it, we would make triple that. ;) 

Seriously, i'll throw away my 15 bucks to check it out. I figure i've thrown that away on airports that i never fly to anymore. or planes i never fly anymore. We all have those i'm sure. :) 

• Upvote 1

Good idea! You could think of it as an investment maybe? Or, maybe if everyone spends the 15 then Martin may bet a bonus!

I am sure 80% of the folks here will change oppinion tomorrow, towards a very positive side regarding DTG, their Flight School and the promissing Flight Simulator...

We're about to turn a page in the history of Civil Flight Simulation!

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...