Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Dovetail - Anyone biting?

Looks like this thread got moved out of P3D forum to DTG ... as far as trying DTG, not sure, I was going to give it a go but what I've seen from the videos and previews I find:

1.  Graphics disappointing (certainly below P3D standards)

2.  Was hoping to see a much larger LOD Radius since it's 64bit, but the LOD Radius appears to be the same as FSX

3.  The autogen needs some work

4.  If suffers excessive orange sky syndrome and colors are all over the place with way too much saturation/vibrant

I'll wait for other reviews to come in before I decide on testing the DTG water.  There maybe other aspects to Flight School that appeal to a specific audience but unlike other's I don't think there will be any "transition" customers.

I wish them luck and look forward to their future Flight Simulator product.  As has been pointed out, I believe this is DTG testing the waters and getting themselves introduced to the FSX/ESP code ... they have a long road ahead of them and indicated they're committed long term.

Cheers, Rob.

I think the main benefit of the new sim will be 64 bit and better performance. I can't wait for p3d to go to 64bit it will be the best sim around then. I know many are scared by the no entertainment use part of p3d but I don't think LM is going to turn it's back on a very profitable relationship with the flightsim community. In the end we may not be what turns a profit but we are a huge beta team that knows our stuff and help prevent issues from reaching their corporate and government clients.

• Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Will pass on DTG Flight School (not what I require).

Will wait and watch when DTG Flight Smulator is released.

In no rush to move to something "new", until such time, the "new" SIM is "new" and has future potential.

I spent the 15 Euro just to see if anything of what they claim is worth the buzz. Doesn't hurt to try but I am not expecting much. Same applies to the new Aerofly sim IMHO. P3D is the leader of the pack now, followed by XP (if you are willing to customize it heavily and manually).

Hans

Flight School looks terrible and the full version is a better FSX SE.

whats P3D ???? a better 32 bit FSX for 200$ ????

I keep reading this comments how some poeple talk about  P3D like this is a bug free out of the box product with new 2016 code for 50$ ......

• Upvote 6

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I keep reading this comments how some poeple talk about  P3D like this is a bug free out of the box product with new 2016 code for 50$ ......

Flew all the MSFS sims since the first. P3D makes FSX seem like going back to DOS 3.1, 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I keep reading this comments how some people talk about P3D like this is a bug free out of the box product with new 2016 code for 50$ ......

bhahahaha.... So ture....

Scam.jpg

Flew all the MSFS sims since the first. P3D makes FSX seem like going back to DOS 3.1

bob i know i only started at around FS95 and i understand i also know exactly where P3D stands . the point im trying to get at is that some  people sim to forget that P3D is also FSX with a ton of bugs fixed/upgraded ... they compare  like if DTG FS was no upgrade at all ....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Did anybody notice the air speed gauge in the posted video?

I keep reading this comments how some poeple talk about  P3D like this is a bug free out of the box product with new 2016 code for 50$ ...

+1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Maybe, or is it a bug?

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I want to see how it performs.

The core of MSFS is as ggod as it is, not better, but certainly not worst than XP9, and then XP10, which pretty much are the same as well in as far as FDM goes...

For a really unique and different experience I use DCS World  - that's a different and most advanced flight simulation platform....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Let's not turn this into another 'My sim is bigger than yours'-thread, okay? Flight School and P3D really are very different kinds of products. And although they start from the same core (FSX/ESP), Flight School has been in development maybe for a year, while P3D had its first release six years ago. Nobody would expect Flight School to be superior to P3D in any regard - except when it comes to accessibility for newcomers. No need for hostility on either side.

Let's not turn this into another 'My sim is bigger than yours'-thread, okay? Flight School and P3D really are very different kinds of products. And although they start from the same core (FSX/ESP), Flight School has been in development maybe for a year, while P3D had its first release six years ago. Nobody would expect Flight School to be superior to P3D in any regard - except when it comes to accessibility for newcomers. No need for hostility on either side.

Seconded

Hans

Iced pitot tube?

Maybe, or is it a bug?

Stone is likely correct. He was flying in cold conditions and you see the ASI 0-out in those conditions probably due to flying through those icy clouds. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson