Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Unified LClookup...in Orbx Central v2

Go and get er...

I just migrated to the new look-up system for FSX and both versions of my P3D.

Very...very cool!

After the migration, you no longer need to ever switch areas of operations, that you needed before. 

Want to fly in areas controlled by GLOBAL...do it....want to change from an airport inside Global Region, to PNW?   

Do it....and when you plunk down in let's say KORS....you are up and running in that region....no more Hybrid mode...

You can now fly non-stop...trans-continental in the Orbx World....and it is now seamless!

WOW...

Go and get it...grab the new Library File....that triggers the Migration...and then open up each simulator within Central v2 to start the migration routines....  let them finish...and WAIT until the migration tool TELLS you it is done...and the migration is complete.

Defrag if you have a defrag tool....

Have fun...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Whats the difference. I always flew global in hybrid mode anyway

than if  that's  what you  do than there  be  no  difference,  for  most of us  had  to switch  regions   all the time  if  we  want  to fly  in that part of  the  world  now  we  don't  :)

Just  downloaded  and  installed  it  with no issues  works  a  treat

What happens to those of us that fly tube liners into SC region and deactivate it because of performance issues, should I ignore this? I'm afraid I'll get OOM if SC stays active at all times.

Have fun...

Thanks Mitch for the information about this new "tool".  I have been trying to download but your e-mail caused hundreds of thousands of users to want to download the update at the same time causing the site to go down (I can see smoke in the distance from my window), then back up and then back down and now it's telling me it will take 10... no 13, no 3 days to download.  I can wait.  :Waiting:

Jim

Thanks Mitch for the information about this new "tool".  I have been trying to download but your e-mail caused hundreds of thousands of users to want to download the update at the same time causing the site to go down (I can see smoke in the distance from my window), then back up and then back down and now it's telling me it will take 10... no 13, no 3 days to download.  I can wait.  :Waiting:

Jim

If you launch the upgrade from FTX Central, you'll be probably redirected to the main Orbx server (MyFTX patch server), which is always slower and heavily overloaded. The Google Drive server is much faster (I downloaded the 1.3Gb patch this morning and it was a breeze):

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0By8a-7jAShVrNzF6S0FWbjNTM3M

Nice idea and tool, however running into this at KPSP after the update:

2016-6-4_23-11-18-828.jpg

Jim

If you launch the upgrade from FTX Central, you'll be probably redirected to the main Orbx server (MyFTX patch server), which is always slower and heavily overloaded. The Google Drive server is much faster (I downloaded the 1.3Gb patch this morning and it was a breeze):

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0By8a-7jAShVrNzF6S0FWbjNTM3M

Yup Mr. Owl beat me to it Jim - go get it

Did you go there right off the bat - try this load default flight first - I didn't and all I had was black screen - default scenario fixed it for me 

Defrag if you have a defrag tool....

Have fun...

Unless you have a SSD

Cheers, Ed

2016-6-4_23-11-18-828.jpg

Hans, In FTX Central - select the SETTINGS item (bottom left of screen). Under FTX Central Settings select 'TOOLS' Menu item and then select the 'FTX Global VECTOR Configuration Tool'. A new Pop-Up Window will appear. Select the 'Airport Elevation Corrections' tab and select 'Run Auto-Configuration'. Allow it to run and follow the prompts when it has finished. Should be good to go after that.

I had the same. Tried to de-select AEC (which was already applied), but got an error message.

Therefore, I had to do that manually. Go to:

...\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\scenery

and rename the file

"AEC_KPSP.bgl"

to

"AEC_KPSP.inactive".

KadY7Ac.jpg

skg03lq.jpg

The Google Drive server is much faster

Yup Mr. Owl beat me to it Jim - go get it

Thanks guys!  Much appreciated!  File downloaded in less than 5 minutes!

Best regards,

Thanks guys!  Much appreciated!  File downloaded in less than 5 minutes!

Best regards,

Great Jim   :wink:

Running the Vector AEC tool fixed it for KPSP. More testing for other airports needed.

Running the Vector AEC tool fixed it for KPSP. More testing for other airports needed.

You need to run vector everytime you add new scenery.

and  use  the auto   mode  as well

Be aware that if you have made any manual adjustments to airport elevations not adjusted by Vector AEC tool, and then you run the Automatic AEC for some reason, all your manual adjustments will be nullified and you'll have to make them again.  For example, KDEN AEC must be manually disabled.  If you then run the automatic AEC, you'll have to manually disable it again.

You need to run vector everytime you add new scenery.

That is..if you HAVE Orbx Vector installed. I do not...but run with Ultimate Terrain.  No 'vector' adjustment on my system after migration was needed.

With this new arrangement is there an option to disable Orbx "fat" regions and run with just with FS Global as has been the case up til now?  Thanks.

Bruceb

With this new arrangement is there an option to disable Orbx "fat" regions and run with just with FS Global as has been the case up til now?  Thanks.

Bruceb

Short answer:  No.  There is no switching regions, etc., as in the past.  If you want to disable a fat region, you'll have to do it manually in the scenery library.

Short answer:  No.  There is no switching regions, etc., as in the past.  If you want to disable a fat region, you'll have to do it manually in the scenery library.

Well this is a problem for me. For example at KLAX PMDG 777 no traffic and just FSGlobal I have 1.26 gb of VAS left.  However with Orbx NA loaded (inc SCA) and otherwise same scenario I only have 778 mb of VAS left - a big hit. If you are tubeliner flyer the orbx regions don't add all that much at FL 370 but as I like to fly GA aircraft as well the regions do come into their own then - so I tend to switch things around a lot.   Also I like to use Zinertek's Ultimate Night Environment textures when flying at night but can only do so with just FSGlobal no regions.  And just to add to things i mostly fly in and out of Australia which means I have to disable/enable Vector so I don't still don't get the seamless transition the unified lc lookup provides elsewhere.  I can understand how most of Orbx's customers will see this new arrangement as big advance but without the option to easily switch the regions on and off I am going to give it a miss for the time being at least.  One more thing if you load the new libs are you locked into the Unified LC process?  Thanks.

Bruceb

Hi, Bruce.  In your case, then I would recommend something like SimStarter NG.  This program would allow you to load any combination of regions or no-regions as your jetliner flight would need.  You could set up a profile with no regions active for jetliner flying, and on the other hand, you could set up a profile with any combination of regions enabled in order to fly GA.  These forums have a forum for that program, so I would go over there and see what it's all about.  As for Vector flying in Oz, you still would need to disable the Vector entries, but you can set up a profile for flying only in Oz and disable the Vector entries in the Scenery Library.  I think you're missing out if you don't at least give SimStarter a try.  And you can install the new unified LClookup with no issues, since your scenery library entries will be enabled/disabled by which SimStarter profile you select.

This update doesn't preclude tubeliner people from disabling a region in the scenery library. IMO regions are only for GA flying, how many details can you see at FL 380 anyways? 

I agree with Stewart although I don't own that program. Hybrid mode didn't really deactivate it from your scenery library.

This update doesn't preclude tubeliner people from disabling a region in the scenery library. IMO regions are only for GA flying, how many details can you see at FL 380 anyways? 

I agree with Stewart although I don't own that program. Hybrid mode didn't really deactivate it from your scenery library.

I had understood that it was a no no to disable regions within the scenery library but perhaps things are different now.  Yes I agree the regions are only for GA flying.  While the regions may have still been active in hybrid mode I only used global/Vector and rarely enabled hybrid.  I will look into the simstarter program.

It would have all been much simpler if Orbx had included a region enable/disable switch with the new FTX Central but perhaps not doing this was one of the compromises in getting the unified I lookup to work as otherwise it seems such an obvious feature to retain - at least to me.

Bruceb

I had understood that it was a no no to disable regions within the scenery library but perhaps things are different now.  Yes I agree the regions are only for GA flying.  While the regions may have still been active in hybrid mode I only used global/Vector and rarely enabled hybrid.  I will look into the simstarter program.

It would have all been much simpler if Orbx had included a region enable/disable switch with the new FTX Central but perhaps not doing this was one of the compromises in getting the unified I lookup to work as otherwise it seems such an obvious feature to retain - at least to me.

Bruceb

Hi, Bruce.  To my knowledge there was never such a prohibition against disabling regions in the Library.  If you did so, and subsequently flew into the region, there would naturally be all sorts of issues.  And had Orbx included a region enable/disable switch in the new FTX Central, it would have been no different than the previous version, so what would be the point?  If you prefer flying in "Global" now, simply disable the regions you are planning to fly into/out of.  Or use a program like SimStarter to do it for you.