Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

Great announcement from A2A about a new Captain of the Ship Aircraft

There : http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=54008

More news this week end. Enjoy ! :p0504:

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Hmm...interesting.

I hope its a Constellation or a Tupolev Tu-116.

Believe it's a DC-3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

...Tupolev Tu-116.

I don't think that the first turboprop plane from A2A will be a rare russian plane. My hopes are on a DC-3, a DC-4/6/7 would also be nice, but I would prefer the smaller DC-3. We will see. A Constellation however is also really likely, but for me it would not be as attractive as a DC plane...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

The Tu-116 is certainly unique and a study plane but yeah, its a reach.

But if they do a jet, my bets are on a de Havilland DH 106 Comet.

The DC-3 is the obvious choice. The MAAM-SIM DC-3 is really showing its age.

A fast small twin would be nice but they love older and mostly military stuff.

Believe they are doing both, they already said they are doing another smaller project (Seminole?). This has been done in parallel. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Believe they are doing both, they already said they are doing another smaller project (Seminole?). This has been done in parallel. 

A Seminole is great, anything that can cruise around Orbx North America and not have to go around the rockies.

The Virgo Constellation is in the corner of the dark patch.  Constellation "Connie" is the plane to be! :wink:

If it's not the DC-3/C-47 then I think it could be a Connie. On an interview with Scott on May-Jun issue of PC-Pilot and after being asked why he went with the 377 Stratocruiser his answer was. 

"Well, our original aircraft we set out to make was a Constellation. Another developer was making one and out of respect, we looked for another type from the same era. We then found this jewel, the Boeing 377 Stratocruiser (however we now realize that it doesn't matter much if another previously developed the aircraft we choose)."

Possibly a clue. 

"However we now realize that it doesn't matter much if another previously developed the aircraft we choose" brings back the DC-3 into the discussion. But: the grey field on the picture is about the size of the 377, and we have this constellation watermark. My bets would go as well on the Connie, but sadly this would be only on rank three if I could chose. Number one still the DC-3, followed by all other DC four engine planes...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

But if they do a jet, my bets are on a de Havilland DH 106 Comet.

I'd s**t my pants if it was a Comet. Wow, just the tought of an A2A DH-106... Wow.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Anything from A2A under one condition - it will be not that ugly as 377...

Artur 

I'd s**t my pants if it was a Comet. Wow, just the tought of an A2A DH-106... Wow.

I think the only thing we can really already exclude are jets or turboprops, as it was clearly stated that the development of the novel airliner will help to improve the 377 further. No idea how this could happen if it is going to be a jet or a turboprop.

Greetings, Chris