Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

FlightSimLabs A320 - Release Very Soon!

Why do simmers always expect loyalty discounts?

This has been discussed so many times its not so funny now

Well I guess it's time to quit that comedian job that I have then...

Why do car buyers expect loyalty discounts? Or frequent flyers? Why do so many businesses offer "returning customer" programs? Even simming companies such as fs2crew and hifi offer repeat customer discounts. Nothing I stated in anyway hinted at me expecting some type of loyalty discount. I'm not a 16 year old kid with dad's credit card in hand. I'm a 34 year old man that has way too many other things to worry about than if I get some discount for some flight simulation software.

I did forget however, that is frowned upon to make a light-hearted joke or otherwise give an opinion on avsim...especially if it involves the 'oh holy' pmdg. I will try to remember harder next time.

• Upvote 1

edit

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

More and more developers seem beginning charging separate licenses for their products for FSX and P3D. This, I would think, has mainly to do with the differences between the platforms are moving further and further apart (or, FSX is standing still, while P3D are moving).

Why? To annoy customers? To fill their forums with hateful posts? To (unfairly) make more money and/or take advantage of two platforms equals two incomes? I'm sure most developers have a reason for doing separate licenses, but I think the main reason behind it is, the increasing developmental costs of supporting two platforms which are more and more different.

IMHO, PMDG has a very valid and fair reason to charge separately (and it's been explained numerous times why). The're many other develops which do this - heck, even Hifi has begun this 'trend' and I'll bet down the road, we'll see more jump on this wagon...

I just don't understand, why it's always PMDG, which is in the 'crosshairs' everytime this discussion comes up?!

Just my 2c... :)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Very disappointed that you kept your plans of releasing for FSX significantly before the entertainment version of the P3D product.

There is no "entertainment version" of P3D and none of the versions of P3D are advertised as to be used for entertainment.

On that note, this seems to be another thread turning into an argument fest that typically goes nowhere fast and has probably run its course.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Anders,

More and more developers seem beginning charging separate licenses ... Why? To annoy customers?

Could it be the same reason why airlines charge for the same flight much more money around Xmas? Because they get away with it due to existing demand?

IMHO, PMDG has a very valid and fair reason to charge separately

I beg to differ. I listened carefully to their arguments, but I am not convinced at all. The Aerosoft policy not to charge twice for the same bytes makes much more sense to me. Besides, PMDG censored any posts that offered a different opinion when the discussion was led. This kind of action doesn't help to build credibility.

I just don't understand, why it's always PMDG, which is in the 'crosshairs' everytime this discussion comes up?!

Don't worry: at least for me, FSL is in the same boat with their Concorde pricing for P3D.

Best,

Peter

• Upvote 1

Well I guess it's time to quit that comedian job that I have then...

Why do car buyers expect loyalty discounts? Or frequent flyers? Why do so many businesses offer "returning customer" programs? Even simming companies such as fs2crew and hifi offer repeat customer discounts. Nothing I stated in anyway hinted at me expecting some type of loyalty discount. I'm not a 16 year old kid with dad's credit card in hand. I'm a 34 year old man that has way too many other things to worry about than if I get some discount for some flight simulation software.

I did forget however, that is frowned upon to make a light-hearted joke or otherwise give an opinion on avsim...especially if it involves the 'oh holy' pmdg. I will try to remember harder next time.

Glad you got that off your chest.

David Porrett

I don't know... I'll just wait for an Aerofly FS2 version instead... At least FSLabs won't have to spend their time inventing workarounds for the limited  MSFS and derivates flight dynamics...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Lets start betting when its released. I say for FSX in about 7 months and P3D no less then a year.

Roi Ben

Sorry, I have nothing to say about "fsx bad, p3d good"

Does anyone know how deep the system depth is? Are there random failures, or maintenance failures or something?

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I well understand the reason of selling seperate FSX and P3D versions, given the P3D license policy.

I don`t really understand that Early Adopter stuff and the delay between versions. Sales during American and European summer are probably not as high as in Winter. Also simmers spend more time outside at >30C.

However, they certainly want to release it as soon as possible, as much as we want it. So let`s just wait and see. What else can we do :-).

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

I believe it also must have something to do with stability of the platform.

That's a good reason why few major 3ps support, for instance, X-Plane. PMDG has just debuted, but in a platform that can change things from version to version, there is always a bigger risk  in investing.

FSX is by far the most stable platform, it offer not more and certainly not less than what P3D offer flight dynamics and core systems wise, only the graphics and memory optimization ( ? ) probably justifying the change for users, but not for developers.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Topic closed.  The topic is getting way off topic from the OP.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10