Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

FlightSimLabs A320 - Release Very Soon!

Now with the new (inofficial) HD textures out for Aerosoft's Airbus, if you just want to simulate a normal flight, what would be the benefit of FSL's airbus? Is it "only" that you have more system depth? Better textures or flight dynamics cannot be an argument. Im just asking to know what could be the motivation for people to buy again a bus if they already have the one from the competitor.

The biggest issue I have with Aerosoft, besides that you can't change each ND to display different things like wx and ground radar, or use the 2nd fms (which makes no sense, I can share a cockpit but only operate the fms from one seat!) is you cannot change units from the metric system. I would like to simulate flying American carriers and learn how to operate the Airbus systems, but using kilograms in the cockpit when flying in America is not realistic. I am sure FSLabs will fully simulate both imperial and metric, as well as letting you operate both fms and change what shows on the displays separately not having both navigation displays linked together.

To me these issues bug me and then there are more like experts saying the flight dynamics are not really true to Airbus as well as many systems not modelled fully.

This team has also developed the FSL concorde.

I think the reason it's taking so long is not full time work vs. part time .....  it's quality level.     I think some people are having a hard time understanding how the level of accuracy this product is trying to achieve demands way more time then your typical add-on.  I am sure the FSL team is more than capable of putting together a damn good product that does not push the envelope  in a relatively short period of time, however this product is way beyond what is currently out there in fidelity and accuracy.  

As far as the money goes....  There is money there, take a look at what some of the devs are flying. 

I forgot about the Concorde, she sure looks nice, I bought an old Concorde addon for FS9 years ago and really loved it. But it was a handful to learn everything, and I dropped it to fly the Ready for Pushback 747. Was hoping they'd create a new version for fsx.

• Upvote 1

Now with the new (inofficial) HD textures out for Aerosoft's Airbus, if you just want to simulate a normal flight, what would be the benefit of FSL's airbus? Is it "only" that you have more system depth? Better textures or flight dynamics cannot be an argument. Im just asking to know what could be the motivation for people to buy again a bus if they already have the one from the competitor.

Better flight dynamics is certainly on the table, as stated earlier much more accurate systems, far better lighting, ASN WXR, custom ground handling modeling.... the list goes on.

The AS bus is a good mid level product but the FSL bus will be a ground breaking study level sim of the A320 that will fly like the real thing.

It all depends on what you as the simmer find important, if accuracy matters then you will buy the FSL bus no matter what A320s you may own.

• Upvote 1

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Im just asking to know what could be the motivation for people to buy again a bus if they already have the one from the competitor.

probably  the  same reason  when the ifly737  came  out  and  when the  pmdg ngx  came  out  how  many users bought the ngx  when  they had  the ifly  as well

• Upvote 3

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Better flight dynamics is certainly on the table, as stated earlier much more accurate systems, far better lighting, ASN WXR, custom ground handling modeling.... the list goes on.

The AS bus is a good mid level product but the FSL bus will be a ground breaking study level sim of the A320 that will fly like the real thing.

It all depends on what you as the simmer find important, if accuracy matters then you will buy the FSL bus no matter what A320s you may own.

Can you share more about the flight dynamics? 

Can you share more about the flight dynamics?

Sorry, i am waiting like everybody else for the product, sorry if you thought I was part of FSL or the beta team.

I am just taking what the team has said for their word and some second hand info from somebody who has access to the plane. This person could not give me details but this very knowledgeable person said the plane is groundbreaking.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Ok, we shall see how the flight model and FBW is implemented, compared to the real thing. :)

Considering that they have actually modeled how the fuel moves around in the tanks and how this in certain conditions can induce the fuel transfer valves to activate, I'm pretty sure that flight dynamics will leave very little to desire... http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/4016-a320-x-fuel-system/#comment-18143

Looking forward to all you professionals opinions none the less!

Be curious to see what my non-simming father thinks of the FSL version.  He's been a captain on the A319-320-321 for years, just transitioned back to the A330 a few months ago.  Lord knows I won't know how to even start it, but if it's as accurate as they say he will be able to ha  :wink:

Considering that they have actually modeled how the fuel moves around in the tanks and how this in certain conditions can induce the fuel transfer valves to activate, I'm pretty sure that flight dynamics will leave very little to desire... http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/4016-a320-x-fuel-system/#comment-18143

Looking forward to all you professionals opinions none the less!

Nice! Once its out for P3D, I will put it through it's paces and report back!

Awaiting your verdict. I'm on prepar3d, so I guess it'll be a while untill I can give her a spin. Meanwhile I'll hopefully be enjoying all you fsx'ers reviews!

I only wish they had modeled the A330, that is the Airbus I am most waiting for to be fully modelled.

Agreed. I am very happy with the Aerosoft buses. I just hope that someone brings out a decent A330, A340 or A350 at some point.

I will be very interested in reading your opinion, and others as well from people who fly the plane but were not involved in development of it.  

Mike Avallone