Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

FlightSimLabs A320 - Release Very Soon!

It will still be a sure buy for me, I'm just not sure what you guys expect by releasing an FSX-only version significantly before P3D.

Iam sure  they got  their  reasons,  just as  pmdg  did  with their aircraft fsx  first followed  by p3d

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

With DTG's new x64 flight sim just around the corner, the fsx user base is about to get a whole lot smaller. If LM finally decide to release a 64 bit version of P3D, it will shrink even further. This product will be hard pressed to find a significant user base willing to dump big dollars on an obsolete, 32 bit sim, such as FSX/SE. 

just my .02c

Very disappointed that you kept your plans of releasing for FSX significantly before the entertainment version of the P3D product. Nowadays, many people (especially the more "hardcore" simmers that want more complexity than the Aerosoft product, so technically your public) can't justify putting money on FSX when basically everything is migrating to P3D.

It will still be a sure buy for me, I'm just not sure what you guys expect by releasing an FSX-only version significantly before P3D.

And i will have to agree with this. Bigger userbase or not, it still doesn't make sense to me because FSX is 'dead' while P3D is being actively developed.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Very disappointed that you kept your plans of releasing for FSX significantly before the entertainment version of the P3D product. Nowadays, many people (especially the more "hardcore" simmers that want more complexity than the Aerosoft product, so technically your public) can't justify putting money on FSX when basically everything is migrating to P3D.

What data are you basing this assertion? Every available public metric indicates that FSX is still the largest market, by a wide percentage. Moreover, leading developers track their sales and understand their customer bases far better than we will. To that point, you'll know when the market shifts when you start seeing large developers (e.g. PMDG and Aerosoft) release their products for P3D first. Until that happens, FSX is still the leading FS platform, despite how hard P3D users (I'm one of them) try to convince others that it's "dead."

BTW, if it's "dead", why did DTG just sign a deal with Boeing to release Boeing related content for FSX/SE?

• Upvote 3

Matt King

As stated on post 29 on this thread, it is our intention to release for P3D after the release for FSX. I appreciate that this is frustrating for customers on P3D - but given the complexity of the product, we need to take this one step at a time. 

We have, of course, been working with P3D for a number of years now and have invested a huge amount of resource into our infrastructure to take full advantage of the platform.

What we cannot do, is release something on this scale to four different platforms simultaneously. It would be different if they were locked down systems such as iOS or PS4 - instead we have to support a very dynamic environment. As such, we need to conduct this in a way that minimises any potential, unforeseen issues that might arise and release for FSX(SP2/XP)/FSX-SE first - and then P3D.

• Upvote 6

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

you'll know when the market shifts when you start seeing large developers (e.g. PMDG and Aerosoft) release their products for P3D first. Until that happens, FSX is still the leading FS platform, despite how hard P3D users (I'm one of them) try to convince others that it's "dead."

Yep have to agree with you on this fsx isn't dead by a long shot

• Upvote 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

10 years old product that saw maybe one minor update since its release... i must admit a great success to Microsoft which decided to abounded it. P3D is the future. Actually its the present, i think in the not so far future we going to see amazing new platforms that are not based on Microsoft ancient product.

Roi Ben

BTW, if it's "dead", why did DTG just sign a deal with Boeing to release Boeing related content for FSX/SE?

They're trying. Without content/developer support, they have nothing.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

10 years old product that saw maybe one minor update since its release... i must admit a great success to Microsoft which decided to abounded it. P3D is the future. Actually its the present, i think in the not so far future we going to see amazing new platforms that are not based on Microsoft ancient product.

100% agree, Roi!

In essence, P3D is a 10 year old product too. IMHO, the future is neither P3D, X-Plane or DTG future sim. The future will be a simulator completely divested from Microsoft's archaic, although legendary, engine. In short, the future flight simulator platform does not exist today, which is why I think most people do not feel compelled to switch platforms...

Matt King

100% agree, Roi!

In essence, P3D is a 10 year old product too. IMHO, the future is neither P3D, X-Plane or DTG future sim. The future will be a simulator completely divested from Microsoft's archaic, although legendary, engine. In short, the future flight simulator platform does not exist today, which is why I think most people do not feel compelled to switch platforms...

Hopefully Outtera will bring us something. Looks very promising so far.

Roi Ben

Dear Prepar3D users - of which I am one...

Although P3D and FSX are cut from the same cloth, I think we can all agree that the changes Prepar3D has made since it was first release are significant.... so significant in fact that we as users have chosen to invest our time and efforts into flying it.  Why does it seem difficult for us to accept that these differences will have a bearing on the development of an addon - especially one as (apparently) complicated as the FlightSimLabs A320?

Developers will have been undoubtedly working in parallel with FSX and P3D until the point at which the platforms start to diverge. In cases where the FSX/P3D differences are big enough, it makes sense that they will come to a point and focus on finishing up for the easiest platform and getting it out the door.  There's no sense in artificially delaying one version just so they can work on the other one for a concurrent release.

As a Prepar3D user, I actually like that many developers release for FSX first. That is a rather large pool of guinea pigs who can shake out any bugs or logic issues which may be inherent to both platforms. In the case of highly complex aircraft, there is always something amiss, and we as P3D users will often get the benefits of the "fixed" version without the muss and fuss.

Ultimately - we should welcome the fact that Prepar3D is different enough that it requires some additional time to develop for. Without those differences, we probably wouldn't be using it in the first place.

Anyway - thanks for bringing this thread/news to the forefront - As more of a Boeing guy, I honestly had all but forgotten about this aircraft, and it's nice to see that there are developers above and beyond the usual suspect(s) making strides towards very high fidelity aircraft addons. I'm paying attention...

• Upvote 1

What data are you basing this assertion? 

The data that THEY are running p3d, so everybody must be running p3d.  I'd be more that happy to drop my FSX:SE install for p3d...just as soon as somebody convinces PMDG to stop charging separately.

• Upvote 3

convinces PMDG to stop charging separately.

This  has been discussed so many times  its not  so funny now

Peter kelberg

convinces PMDG to stop charging separately.

Why do simmers always expect loyalty discounts?

David Porrett