Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Flight1 Mustang Freezes on startup in Prepar3d

I have this airplane and I love flying it, but since I got it in Prepar3D, it often freezes on startup and I have to kill the sim and restart it.  This was on a brand new install with no other add ons.  I've searched for a solution and flight1 has it in their queue to look at.  I know that some others have them and others have not had any.  It's been months now and it's silent as a church on the problem.  Has anyone who has the aircraft and experienced the freezes ever found a solution to them?  Just thought I'd ask here before I give up completely and start a hunt for a new airplane to replace it.

Gregg

EDIT:  I should add, it freezes in 3.2 and 3.3.5.  I'm running Windows 7.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you have the fsx version and trying to install into P3Dv3, that is a separate download and purchase.  The latest version is 1.11 for FSX and P3D.  I think a lot of individuals tried to install it into P3D with the EMT which is not allowed and will cause issues.  If you have the 1.11 version for P3D, then it should work properly.

I do know that the Flight One i-Fly aircraft have a special dll that is installed and, in my case, it was tagged by my Malware Program (MalwareBytes) as malware and placed it into quarantine.  I heard this can happen Microsoft Essentials too so you might check those programs and make sure the folder and the file are exempt from scanning by your anti-virus or anti-malware programs. 

Best regards,

If you have the fsx version and trying to install into P3Dv3, that is a separate download and purchase. The latest version is 1.11 for FSX and P3D. I think a lot of individuals tried to install it into P3D with the EMT which is not allowed and will cause issues. If you have the 1.11 version for P3D, then it should work properly.

I do know that the Flight One i-Fly aircraft have a special dll that is installed and, in my case, it was tagged by my Malware Program (MalwareBytes) as malware and placed it into quarantine. I heard this can happen Microsoft Essentials too so you might check those programs and make sure the folder and the file are exempt from scanning by your anti-virus or anti-malware programs.

Best regards,

Hi Jim,

Yeah, I purchased the P3D version.  I will try the reinstall one more time...why not?  I do have exclusions set up on all of the Mustang folders as well as P3D itself and the G1000 gauge directory.

Hi Jim,

Yeah, I purchased the P3D version.  I will try the reinstall one more time...why not?  I do have exclusions set up on all of the Mustang folders as well as P3D itself and the G1000 gauge directory.

Make sure you also install with Admin Privileges and UAC is turned off.

Best regards,

Sorry about your problems, Gregg.  My only suggestion is to go back to the F1 wrapper and make sure you download with ALL antivirus turned off  and re install with the AV still disabled.

I cannot offer any other as I have been fortunate and experienced ZERO issues with the Mustang in P3D version 3.x

Good luck

Ah sigh.  Did all the above..no change at all.  Guess I'll be hangaring her.

Ah sigh. Did all the above..no change at all. Guess I'll be hangaring her.

Why not open a support thread at Flight1 so that they can help you trouble shoot it, rather than just throwing money you spent on it down the drain and hangaring it?

Why not open a support thread at Flight1 so that they can help you trouble shoot it, rather than just throwing money you spent on it down the drain and hangaring it?

I did a couple of months back.  This was my hail mary over here.  I think there's something with the G1000 that's freezing up that has something to do with my sim.  I even did a complete reinstall of the sim when I opened it...same thing.  It's either got them baffled or it's so hard to fix they don't want to work on it.  In any case, I think there are about 5 people reporting the issue at this point.  It's a beautiful airplane to fly if it works.

I've experienced some issues with this aircraft also. Don't get me wrong, it's a great plane but in my case it's the only one that continually causes P3D to crash for me. Sometimes randomly but usually when I start utilizing the G1000 and clicking around in it... that's the end  :sad:

JD   

I've experienced some issues with this aircraft also. Don't get me wrong, it's a great plane but in my case it's the only one that continually causes P3D to crash for me. Sometimes randomly but usually when I start utilizing the G1000 and clicking around in it... that's the end :sad:

Yeah, does that to me sometimes as well.

I am sorry to hear that you guys are having problems with the F1 Mustang in P3D.  I loved it in FSX and got it as soon as it was available for P3D and have been flying it almost every other day.   I am using P3D 3.3.5 and have not had any problems.  My experience has been very good.  In FSX I sometimes had to try two or three times before I could load it without a crash.  It has been much more stable in P3D.  I have no idea what might be causing your problem but hope a solution is found.  It really is a delight to fly. One of my favorites. 

I am sorry to hear that you guys are having problems with the F1 Mustang in P3D. I loved it in FSX and got it as soon as it was available for P3D and have been flying it almost every other day. I am using P3D 3.3.5 and have not had any problems. My experience has been very good. In FSX I sometimes had to try two or three times before I could load it without a crash. It has been much more stable in P3D. I have no idea what might be causing your problem but hope a solution is found. It really is a delight to fly. One of my favorites.

Mine as well.  I don't know how many hours I've flown it...still learning new things about it.  I've never had an airplane do anything like this before.

Mine as well. I don't know how many hours I've flown it...still learning new things about it. I've never had an airplane do anything like this before.

I don't think this will help but will throw it out there anyway just in case. Did you see the YouTube video about the stuttering when zoomed out too far and obstacles are on? The guy in that video ended up renaming the obstacles (.dat?) file and creating an empty one and that solved his problems. Maybe your zoom level is far enough out on startup that it's trying to read too much and crashing? Just complete and total shot in the dark and probably won't help like I said but what else do you have to lose?

I don't think this will help but will throw it out there anyway just in case. Did you see the YouTube video about the stuttering when zoomed out too far and obstacles are on? The guy in that video ended up renaming the obstacles (.dat?) file and creating an empty one and that solved his problems. Maybe your zoom level is far enough out on startup that it's trying to read too much and crashing? Just complete and total shot in the dark and probably won't help like I said but what else do you have to lose?

Worth a shot.  Never occurred to me to mess with the files in there.  I do set my settings so that they're not displayed (for performance) but that doesn't mean they're not being scanned.

Gregg, there's no anti virus running or something is there?

Have you tried changing the navigraph data?

What about UAC is it disabled?

Could it be another addon or software interfering?

Gregg, there's no anti virus running or something is there?

Have you tried changing the navigraph data?

What about UAC is it disabled?

Could it be another addon or software interfering?

I've tried reinstalling it without antivirus on and left it off for a test, no go.  I've tried it with the original navigraph as well as 3 other cycles.  UAC is disabled.  This started on a clean install...not clean any more, but I had the issue even then.

This!  Kevin I owe you a stout one.  I did as you suggested today and was able to start it six successive times without a single hang! 

This!  Kevin I owe you a stout one.  I did as you suggested today and was able to start it six successive times without a single hang! 

Awesome!  Good thing I decided to take the 'shot in the dark' and mention it then.  I've been so close to buying this plane myself.  But have held off mostly due to performance concerns.  I know you've loved this plane for a long time in FSX.  I'd be curious to know how happy you are with it, assuming it will now work for you, in P3D?

I never had a problem with the Mustang in P3D. (fingers crossed)

@Gregg Seipp

Glad you got if working. Consider posting the solution on the Mustang Forum

@Kevin LaMal

It is a gorgeous plane. It works just fine in P3D.

Cheers.

Glad you got if working. Consider posting the solution on the Mustang Forum

Already did that before posting here.  There's at least one other person having the same problem...might be more but not many. 

I know you've loved this plane for a long time in FSX. I'd be curious to know how happy you are with it, assuming it will now work for you, in P3D?

It's about on par on frames as the Turbine Duke.  I love the way it handles and have learned a lot from it and about flying it and an airplane with a G1000.  Is it perfect?  No.  But it's really good, has great views, simple to set up for flight, well documented, and there are some really decent videos on YouTube you can find about flying it. 

It's about on par on frames as the Turbine Duke.  I love the way it handles and have learned a lot from it and about flying it and an airplane with a G1000.  Is it perfect?  No.  But it's really good, has great views, simple to set up for flight, well documented, and there are some really decent videos on YouTube you can find about flying it. 

Yeah, I actually had it for FSX(which I no longer use nor even have installed) and loved it too.  I have just not gotten the P3D version yet.  I haven't seen a ton of recent(P3D) videos, comments etc where many people have bought it and are using it in P3D.  So that has led me to wonder why this is the case?  Is it just not that good in P3D(performance mostly but maybe cuz it's too old too)?

I see so many videos, pictures and talk over the "stuff" that comes from Carenado with all the problems that those planes have.  But yet, people buy that stuff like crazy.  And here, we have a pretty darn good business jet finally for P3D but no one is talking about it.  They're all still talking about, taking pictures with and buying this Carenado "stuff".  I don't get it.  Except the fact that I guess the majority of people just don't care about quality "under the hood".  They just want pretty looking models and just don't care if it works as the real plane would.  The release of this into P3D has kinda come and gone without much "to do".  Whereas the release of Carenado and people are talking for months about it.

I see so many videos, pictures and talk over the "stuff" that comes from Carenado with all the problems that those planes have. But yet, people buy that stuff like crazy. And here, we have a pretty darn good business jet finally for P3D but no one is talking about it. They're all still talking about, taking pictures with and buying this Carenado "stuff". I don't get it. Except the fact that I guess the majority of people just don't care about quality "under the hood". They just want pretty looking models and just don't care if it works as the real plane would. The release of this into P3D has kinda come and gone without much "to do". Whereas the release of Carenado and people are talking for months about it.

I noticed that too and was pretty bummed out.  The Mustang is still the best out there.  I guess the people wanting the Carenado ones want "new".  I get it.  The E300 is just beautiful but a flawed G1000, frames in the gutter.  The Mustang FADEC, FLC are just about perfect. 

What's this "Obstacles on" lark? I have experienced P3D crashing two or three times when loading the Mustang, and it has baffled me. By the way, Gregg......I am Mogget on the Flight1 Mustang forum :smile:

What's this "Obstacles on" lark? I have experienced P3D crashing two or three times when loading the Mustang, and it has baffled me. By the way, Gregg......I am Mogget on the Flight1 Mustang forum :smile:

That YouTube video has me puzzled. I used the FSX version of this plane for several years, and was never aware that it was even capable of displaying these obstacles! There seemed to be very few options available, so I was just happy to leave the screen in default mode.

So, my question is.......why has this guy created a video to teach people how to get rid of these obstacle symbols when I have never seen them at all? :blink:

I guess this is one of the reasons why I have always been very pleased with the performance of the Mustang, both in FSX, and now in P3D. In fact, the FSX version of the Mustang ran with acceptable framerates on my old Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.8Ghz/4GB RAM/512MB GeForce 9800GT powered system! As you can imagine, the P3D version runs just fine on my current i5 4690k @ 4.6Ghz/16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR3-1600 RAM/2GB GeForce GTX 770 powered PC.