Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

Ask Dovetail Games about DTG Flight Simulator [Official]

I see someone on the Steam forum said their offices in Chatham had a "to let" sign outside.

I am guessing that's a joke? Really hoping so...

edit: also can you link to that comment?

It may or may not be a "joke" but it is certainly incorrect!

See the thread "Dovetail Live" here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/497314-dovetail-live/

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guys, maybe you all would be interested in seeing the news section for dovetail flight school on steam app... martin wrote this.. :

Community Announcements - DTG_Martin

Earlier this year, we announced the development of our new flight simulator, which generated an incredible amount of excitement in the community. We would like to thank you all for the tremendous amount of interest and support we have received so far. 

Based on your feedback, we have been focusing on three key areas: visuals, performance and experience, all of which are instrumental to the hobby. In order to further enhance these areas, we have made the decision to postpone the release of this project. 

In the meantime, we expect to have a detailed development update for you in the New Year. As a team, we are incredibly excited to share what we have been up to! Until then, we hope you have a fantastic holiday season and look forward to making 2017 a great year for flight simulation. 

Dovetail Games Flight Sim Team

Well ... we'll see what the future hold for us... it says it was posted on the 23rd of this month

I haven't seen this question (however it might be there :P):

What about the camera? The way you look. In FSX, the addon "EZCA" or also known as "EZDOK" is a must have for hardcore pilots. Reason why (for me atleast):

1. When you pan around in the cockpit with your joystick, everything is much more smooth. In normal fsx, no matter how many FPS you have, you will always view laggy around when panning. With this addon it's all smooth.

2. You can setup alot of custom view positions.

3. There is head shaking effects (turbulence, landing etc. - and juts in generel).

4. what i like most: you can move around in the cockpit (smoothly), i have an X55 controller, it has 5 different pan heads that you can use for panning and moving around. With EZCA i can move around the cockpit freely and pan my camera view around.

All of that stuff (dont really care about view poistions), is something that i think the simulator should have, so moving your camera position around and turning the camera view and important: it has to be smooth, i hate running the game with 60 fps and then it looks like 5 fps because viewing around is so laggy in fsx.

Best regards:

Tor jakobsen.

Merry christmas

1. Airplane detail (including virtual cockpit panel functionality)/ graphic quality

2. Flight dynamics

3. Cloud detail / graphic quality

4. Weather

5. Graphic object quality/resolution (with smooth motion because any jitter in the display ruins the experience). 

6. Terrain & Mesh detail (as close to real-world as possible)

7. Airport graphic detail (including working jetways, non-flat ground, and animated ground services) and building/layout accuracy

8. Building/structure detail (as close to real world as possible)

9. ATC (I'm no pilot but many pilots seem to be asking for more realism of ATC including STARS/SIDs)

10. Passengers (animated boarding, deboarding, flight attendant communications, etc. similar to XPAX)

11. Missions

12. Failures

Mike. I like all those things you mention! All done right have much merit, but you know even on this Xmas evening, while waiting for the Great grand kids and the rest, I fired up my machine and started a flight from LAX to Boston. I used the Oculus and Flyinside. After the folks were here for at time i asked if they would like to see something different? I was flying PMDG's FedEx 777-200 variant. I sat em my chair and helped em get the headset adjusted etc. It blew their minds. A few got motion sickness, just like when they tried flying for real they said. A few who I know for a fact did try flight sims before but quit they claimed because it was too toy like. Of course they never actually tried quality aircraft. "You mean ALL the Switches and Buttons work?".  I have to look at this stuff again, this is amazing.  Too be honest the graphics are not 100%. After tinkering with this app., Flyinside w/ Oculus I have managed to make it much better. Adjusting the eye-point in the aircraft's cfg. file I now sit IN the seat. Not behind, not above, not to the left or right of it! After finding the optimal sensor position and so on everything started falling into place. Still not perfect but damn close and I don't want to use my monitor again. I found that popping up the FMC and widening it slightly, the mouse problem I had was fixed. Now when I hover over any button on the FMC the pointer/cursor turns into a little hand that points perfectly when and where you need to have it. Still could use better graphics, yes, but by leaning in just a few inches I can see the text and so on with no problems. It is now quite flyable. The next round of video cards if promises are kept should improve it even more. Landing the 777 in Boston in VR is off the charts, you have to do it to see for yourself! You will not want to land the old way anymore. I will tinker some more, I think it's well worth the effort! I know, but that's just me. Dan Church is the man behind Flyinside. He is a real gentleman who actually engages with his users, he is not afraid to answer a question or two, a good guy.

Happy New Year All!

BaldyB

Edited by n4gix
Please do not quote the entire previous post when replying!

Thanks for the VR suggestion BaldyB!  I'll have to look into that as a possible next step but I'm going to hold off for now until I see what the new DTG flight sim looks like.  Just hope it is a sizable improvement all around from FSX:SE and very stable at the same time (I still get occasional crashes but likely more from addons than base game).

Well, we will see what happens with the simulator.  But as already mentioned, DTG is using the FSX ESP code which is out of date. I read somewhere that they are modifying the tools and the code, but old is old, it's equal what they do with it. 

If they want to create something modern, they should use a new engine or create one by themselves. Modern engines for simulator are something like UNIGINE (  even it's not finished and in development).

What more important is are the features. I have the feeling that they are copying everything from FSX into the new simulator and selling it as new. 

But we will see and I hope that the next news from DTG about the Sim containing lists of features. 

Unfortunatelly there is no other company who is able to develope a flight simulator or is willed to do that.

Laminar's X-Plane is a alternative software, but it concentrates mostly on the physical behavior. 

It doesn't includes things that makes the simulator "alive".

I am curious wha DTG is cooking and I really hope it will be tasty .

New Year arrived. We got no news since November... Is that news update promised going to show up anytime soon? :)

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

New Year arrived. We got no news since November... Is that news update promised going to show up anytime soon? :)

No.

• Upvote 1

You mean the update....which will no doubt promise an update in the coming weeks?

• Upvote 1

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

3. jan

Hopfully, you will find time to keep us updated, at least weekly ;)

Dovetail responds, quote:

We are not going to be dropping news weekly just yet, but when we do start talking about the new sim we intend to have a steady flow of it. 

- Martin
  • Upvote 1

Stated by DTG: "in the meantime, we expect to have a detailed development update for you in the New Year. As a team, we are incredibly excited to share what we have been up to! Until then, we hope you have a fantastic holiday season and look forward to making 2017 a great year for flight simulation. "

Unfortunately, for the impatient, like me, "in the new year" (2017) encompasses the whole year :-)

So technically, they could give up news in September or even October, and the above statement will be accurate :-)

Waiting is always the hardest part.

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

We are not going to be dropping news weekly just yet, but when we do start talking about the new sim we intend to have a steady flow of it. 

- Martin

I think at this point, the community of flight simmers is probably a lot more interested in having DTG show something, instead of more talking about it. We can wait however long it takes.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Exactly. At least knowing what they are working on, what are they trying to improve the most and so on. Something.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."