Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Thanks, Joe.

A great man. Just watched a YT video about Joe. A bloody genius, and was not for him, there would be no Queen of the sky's.

Julian Evans

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, P3D 5.0, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Samsung 43 UHD TV, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Logitech X56 Hotas Stick and Throttle, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels

Five weeks from now I'm flying out to the US on a Qantas 747-400. Looking forward to it.

Matthew Bellette

Maybe Mr Travolta will be your pilot...

Doubt it. But I wouldn't mind it if "Viper" was my pilot, with a barrel roll here and there.

Matthew Bellette

Such a shame. Last few years have seen a lot of great engineers and designers go.

Steve Jordan

Aviation Structural Mechanic SH-60B/HH-60H/MH-60R/MH-60S USN

FSX Hours: 3000 and counting

Sad news, he will be much missed but his legacy lives on.

ki9cAAb.jpg

So sad to read this post.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 and P3D v5 hotfix 2  🙂

System specs: Windows 10  Pro 64-bit, i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-2070, 32GB RAM  1X 1TB M2 for X-Plane 11, 1x 500GB SSD for P3Dv5, 1x256GB SSD for OS. Alpha-tester for FS2020

He defied the high and mighty of his time. He challenged Juan Trippe, Chairman of Pan Am (who wanted the 747 to be a double-decker) insisting that it be a twin-aisle single-deck aircraft. A departure from norm (and then some!) at the time.

His famous "string-in-the-boardroom" demonstration to the Pan Am brass, of the 747's cabin width, is legendary.

Eventually, Joe garnered a "You were right" from Mr. Trippe.

Access to travel, and as a result the world, changed thanks to his insights.

We should be forever thankful.

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

R.I.P. and fly forever.

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

Did he ever see the PMDG 747 v1?

I think he would be most pleased with what you are doing - bringing his legacy to the virtual skies for everyone to enjoy and tinker with. Sad how the heroes of the pioneer days in aviation are leaving us eventually.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." - Leonard Nimoy

ASUS Prime Z270-K/Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz/be quiet! Black Rock 3 Pro/EVGA Geforce GTX960 4GB/16 GB Crucial DDR4-2400 RAM

Alexander Neugebauer