Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Rob - Thanks for the Guide

Hey Rob,

Thank You for the Guide.  You really went the extra mile, so much detail and explanation.  Even my Max region purge question that I posted 2 days ago over here and prepar3d got answered.  Thank You again

While I am still reading - this new undisclosed feature looks very interesting - MaintainSystemCopyOfDeviceTextures

Guys and Gals - We all need to thank Rob for his hard work here.

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,

I would like to join. Thank you very much for this great contribution!

Arndt

Excellent guide. Very thorough. Thanks Rob.

This must have taken  many hours  to compile and write. 

I've just read the  simconnect chapter,  about 9 pages of concise understandable detail.

It is excellent.

Outstanding contribution, Rob. Thank you

Just spechless.

This is the answer to all Prepar3d questions and should cover more than 90 % of the support cases.

You probably have in mind, that while setting up such a guide is a huge pile of work, keeping it up to date is an even higher one. And people are merciless demanding.

Kind regards  Michael

Rob could I suggest you include Arno's Autogen Configuration Merger utility in there as well? Its a very useful utility to fix conflicts between different developer's autogen files and is easy to install and once set up requires minmal user effort.. Cheers K

Indeed, great work!

But let's not forget about those rather informative and detailled posts by Poppet too!

• Upvote 1

Thanks very much...perfect timing for this recent convert.

An excellent guide Rob, clearly a lot of effort went in to producing this.

Indeed - many thanks!

Looking at this manual reminds you why the flightsim community is relatively small compared to the GTA brigade. There is ALOT to wrap your head around, just in understanding the optimal settings of multiple pieces of software which really make the modern sim look amazing - not to mention learning how to fly complex aircraft properly.

This is a true labour of love. Thanks for spending the time to do this Rob

Since this is a living document - for later revision Poppet's guides should be added to the document as well (It would literally be making pdf of her p3d tips and tricks and sticking it in the guide).

At least we all got some new tweak to play with now.  Things we all have to do for our VAS issues.  4GB VAS limits owns our sim for now...lol :fool:

Excellent guide, containing lots of information about P3D, very useful!.

Thanks to Rob.

Cheers, Ed

A very fine piece of work, Rob. Very detailed. Thank You. In a show of appreciation, I nominate you for the "Poppet Award For Excellence in Tutorials"  :wink:   :Party:

Cheers, Craig

Can't download from here, will have to wait until I get home.  Can someone that has it comment if there's info on wiping your install completley, leaving no trace, and starting over from scratch?

That deserves a truly and respektful acknowledegement.

Thanks Rob. Will try your AS16 setup.

Michael Moe

Wow ! Thank you very much Rob !  So much useful information in it.  Very appreciated...

Mike

Rob,

To say thank you seems shallow or not a enough.  I have followed your blog, musings and when I saw this document it blew me away.  I am also in IT.  The fact that you found the time and the willingness to share your journey into P3d only benefits the whole SIM community.  You have picked up the light that Tom Allensworth led the way with (AVSIM), and you have left this community in a better place.   I don't normally respond to the forums but this piece of work moved me.

Mark 

+1 to all that has been posted so far, this was a much needed article. It's a refreshing collection point of Known facts and can belay a lot of un-needed rabbit holes.

One thing Rob mentions that completely changed weather depiction with AS16 for me, in this Article, was the P3D cloud offset. I had become under the impression that the offset was no longer needed.

Turns out that is completely wrong. I enabled the offset in AS16, and now it is quite obvious that my clouds were to high, now they look at right altitude and (placebo effect) much more natural.