Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

It's still a couple of weeks, thus LM might present a hotfix or whatever inbetween. Otherwise, I tend to 3.3 which served me quite well and stably so far.

I need neither VR nor avatar weapons either,.jpg screenshots would be nice, perhaps.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I do not need VR support, avatars or avatars weapons (why that later feature? We want a sim, not a kid toy).

Chris the reason is because we simmers are not the customer that LM is focused on. You and I are not much more than Beta testers. The applications for Avatars and weapons creates huge opportunities within the virtual training world.

• Upvote 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

Did anyone else discover after updating only the client this issue (content update may be required, but may break airplanes?) that FSDT and coautl menu keyboard shortcuts do not work?  I was hoping to avoid the update of the content, for fear of having to reinstall airplanes and scenery addons (effects folder, or is this only aircraft effects)

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Did anyone else discover after updating only the client this issue (content update may be required, but may break airplanes?) that FSDT and coautl menu keyboard shortcuts do not work?

Did you upgrade the FSDT add on manager?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Did you upgrade the FSDT add on manager?

Yes I did.. basically reran the setup for it, which it then pulled down the latest version.  From what i read elsewhere, it appears that the shortcuts wont work without a content update.  Hoping this isnt true.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Did anyone else discover after updating only the client this issue  I was hoping to avoid the update of the content, for fear of having to reinstall airplanes and scenery addons (effects folder, or is this only aircraft effects)

The content update leaves your airplanes and sceneries untouched. No worries. It overwrittes the files in the autogen folder though, so that you need to backup them if you use FTX Global, or reinstall FTX Global.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

The content update leaves your airplanes and sceneries untouched. No worries. It overwrittes the files in the autogen folder though, so that you need to backup them if you use FTX Global, or reinstall FTX Global.

I had imaged my p3d drive and did the content update.. since then i restored prior to doing this.. when i ran this before (uninstall content, then update).. it broke several of my planes, like the Legacy which had pop up errors for missing sound files and other files.   Autogen wise, i guess i'd just back that up or reinstall in my case GEX, not sure why last attempt resulted in broken planes.

I reinstaled Content and Client and had no problem with the FTX products. I didn't have to do anything.

Global, EU OpenLC, North germany... all working.

As confirmed by Rob's AVSIM P3D Guide (page 19), content will inter alia do overwrite these autogen files:

…\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Autogen

AutogenDescriptions.spb
Default.xml
Extrusions.spb
RoofDescriptions.sbp

If you have not backuped them, you are NOT using the original (Orbx) files anymore. You will not notice it unless you come into certain situations. For intance, all entries of Aerosoft VFR Germany (and other devs) are included in ORBX Default.xml, but not in the P3D Default.xml file. Just compare the file size. There will be no autogen using these photo sceneries unless you re-install ORBX libraries again, or replace the autogen files with your backuped files.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Hmm, now I have a dilemma. New rebuild on it's way back to me, ready to install P3D or FSX SE over the weekend. I had made the decision to go P3d, but now I'm not sure  :Doh:

Get the both of them! FSX SE is often in sale at a fiver!

Jay

As confirmed by Rob's AVSIM P3D Guide (page 19), content will inter alia do overwrite these autogen files:

…\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Autogen

AutogenDescriptions.spb

Default.xml

Extrusions.spb

RoofDescriptions.sbp

If you have not backuped them, you are NOT using the original (Orbx) files anymore. You will not notice it unless you come into certain situations. For intance, all entries of Aerosoft VFR Germany (and other devs) are included in ORBX Default.xml, but not in the P3D Default.xml file. Just compare the file size. There will be no autogen using these photo sceneries unless you re-install ORBX libraries again, or replace the autogen files with your backuped files.

I backed these up as well as some of the other folders and ran the update (after uninstalling).. all ok now, i can see the windows pop up now 

Thanks for the suggestions all

To those who suffer from VAS issues in P3D v3.4.9:

Have you tried deleting your cameras.cfg in the same folder where you can find your prepar3d.cfg-file?  Doing so has apparently alleviated the problems for some users, as the VAS issue might be related to the new cameras LM has added.

In the rebuilt camera.cfg-file, can you then delete all entries following:

[CameraDefinition.011]
Title = Multiplayer Planes

At least it's worth a try.

What if the autogen files get over-written is there nothing to do but re-install airport or other sceneries since I have no way of checking whether they rely on an autogen entry? I know Ultimate Terrain and Orbx stuff when running the config tools will re-set their entries automatically.

You need to do neither. You simply have to execute FTX Central again. That will write all the necesarry entries.

I backed these up as well as some of the other folders and ran the update (after uninstalling).. all ok now, i can see the windows pop up now 

Thanks for the suggestions all

I should add, that on the content update.. i backed up the autogen and then did the restore of that folder plus the other related content ones, telling it to NOT overwrite..

I thought this was done and good.. i did get fsdt menus etc.. however..

PNW was messed up autogen wise.. running ftx central 2 with a sync did NOT fix it in my case.. so i ended up copying WITH overwrite the autogen folder i backed up, and now it all looks good again.