Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

Is nVidia including P3D in its driver update list?

Haven't checked but should be easy to find on their website I guess.

Looks like I got the control panel back. Wiped back to 373, then did 375 overtop without wiping. All is good in the world.

That's great :smile:

Richard Åsberg

Is nVidia including P3D in its driver update list?

I don't think it has ever been listed.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Just tried out the latest driver myself and I'm equally happy and excited to confirm I too can't see one single micro stutter anymore using this new driver and this is something I never seen before :smile:

I just watched the ground very closely from a wing view perspective where you usually will always spot some micro stuttering but this time it just wasn't there anymore...100% smooth!!

This driver is a keeper for sure!!

I have a similar equipment (GTX980TI, Win 8) and also "test" and see microstutters the way you do. Expecially in heavy areas (e.g. London City) with lots of rendering. I will test the new driver this evening, but in the past it always has been a placebo effect when people screamed that a new driver gained more fps or reduced stutters. I am currently on 373.06.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

For me the micro stuttering problem is gone in this setup (thanks to SteveW):

30.5 FPS limit in NI

31 FPS limit in P3D

Vsync and TB Off in P3D

Running smooooth!

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Not preferred to limit fps in P3D when using Gsync and TrackIR. Better to run the sim unlimited.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

30.5 FPS limit in NI

How do you do this? 30.5 is not an option in my version of NI and if I enter it by hand, NI just turns the setting off when I try to apply changes. Hmm.....

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Not preferred to limit fps in P3D when using Gsync and TrackIR. Better to run the sim unlimited.

Gsync is stutters for me.

How do you do this? 30.5 is not an option in my version of NI and if I enter it by hand, NI just turns the setting off when I try to apply changes. Hmm.....

I have this option by default. Latest NI and latest drivers. Maybe card related?

If you have 30 will be fine.

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

There is no one secret sauce for everyone.  For example, I have no micro stutters at all not using NI.  P3D frame rate locked at 20 fps, Vsync and TB on, 4K display at 30 Hz. 

I stopped using NI somewhere around v3.2

Dan Downs KCRP

I don't think it has ever been listed.

gb.

Prepar3D is at least found in the driver itself checking through the titles but guess that is v 1 and IIRC it has been there for a very long time so nothing new to that.

However I don't think it really matters unless you're running SLI when real support is required the way I understood it from the past when people were starting to use SLI setups with P3D. But maybe that has changed as well. Wouldn't know the current status since I'm on a single card.

I have a similar equipment (GTX980TI, Win 8) and also "test" and see microstutters the way you do. Expecially in heavy areas (e.g. London City) with lots of rendering. I will test the new driver this evening, but in the past it always has been a placebo effect when people screamed that a new driver gained more fps or reduced stutters. I am currently on 373.06.

Just had another look and to be honest there might be some very, very small stutters even with this latest driver but at least there's an improvement on my rig. I wouldn't even call what I see now micro stutters but maybe nano stutters :wink:

Edited to say I actually take this back. When I did the last check I was over water and only saw clouds below me but I just had another look now with less clouds and with the ground beneath and looking at the ground passing under the wing in wingview I honestly can't see one single stutter not even a nano one :smile: 

For me the micro stuttering problem is gone in this setup (thanks to SteveW):

30.5 FPS limit in NI

31 FPS limit in P3D

Vsync and TB Off in P3D

Running smooooth!

That's great to hear but personally I never had any success running with locked FPS. Unlimited has always been the best option in my case and I'm pretty sure I've tried all combinations of internal/external etc etc and different values and settings.

Yep, that's my experience as well and especially when using TIR.

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

There is no one secret sauce for everyone.  For example, I have no micro stutters at all not using NI.  P3D frame rate locked at 20 fps, Vsync and TB on, 4K display at 30 Hz. 

I stopped using NI somewhere around v3.2

Dan, try to set frame rate unlimited in P3D, but leave VSYNC On /TB Off and leave your display at 30Hz, I think you'll be surprised. It works very different from FSX/FSX-SE.

Dirk.

If I decide to roll back to P3Dv3.3 or even v3.2 for the time being how about my latest AS2016, FSUIPC, GTN650/700 compatibility?

Thanks,

Dirk.

I think you'll be surprised.

What surprised me was what rate lock at 20 did for me.  I was suffering from huge rate hits from certain cloud types, such as overcast/undercast.  Rates would drop from unlimited or set 30 for example to the teens. Nothing I did to cloud settings or textures or weather settings helped.  Neither Vsync nor buffering helped.  Both ASN and AS16 regardless of cloud textures.

Rob recommend the 20 fps/ 30 Hz setup and the huge rate hit from clouds was completely gone.  I played around with it of course,  I could increase to 24 fps alright but even at 30 fps the rate losses from clouds returned.

I am well aware of how different P3D is from FSX/FSXSE... thanks.  The point I stress is that there is no one setting that works best for everyone.

Dan Downs KCRP

What surprised me was what rate lock at 20 did for me.  I was suffering from huge rate hits from certain cloud types, such as overcast/undercast.  Rates would drop from unlimited or set 30 for example to the teens. Nothing I did to cloud settings or textures or weather settings helped.  Neither Vsync nor buffering helped.  Both ASN and AS16 regardless of cloud textures.

Rob recommend the 20 fps/ 30 Hz setup and the huge rate hit from clouds was completely gone.  I played around with it of course,  I could increase to 24 fps alright but even at 30 fps the rate losses from clouds returned.

I am well aware of how different P3D is from FSX/FSXSE... thanks.  The point I stress is that there is no one setting that works best for everyone.

I took it from the same table made by Rob. I can't see 20fps/30hz setting there. Could you point to the updated xls file?

Thanks,

Dirk.

PS: Ok, it says Min FPS-2 if you want to lock it with 30Hz monitor. Didn't work for me well, but I've never seen FPS problem with AS2016/ASCA clouds, though my cloud textures are all dxt at medium, with some huge cloud max distance @layers 6. 

how are you guys gettinf he vas readout at the top like some of you mention. Is it through Fsuipc? i have the payware version.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

sorry misread above question

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

how are you guys gettinf he vas readout at the top like some of you mention. Is it through Fsuipc? i have the payware version.

Add the following to your fsuipc4.ini:

[Monitor]
Display=4
Monitor0=0,024C,5,0

Richard Åsberg