Sign in to follow this  
Mickeyj

Flight1 GNS 430/530 released

That is assuming you are not bothered by part of the bezel intruding onto the DME radio below..

We went through this during the early Twotter / RXP GNS days.

Aerosoft could easily adjust this, but have decided against spending the time.

...Whether it is possible or not to integrate the GNS 530/430 in the VC even in aircraft that do not come with an RXP option? Some people here already answered to me that it is possibile with manual adjustment, yet it is still unclear whether 3D knobs will work or not.

I read that Flight1 is already working to an update, but maybe Bert may have one of his brilliant ideas here...

I think that it is no different than attempting to position an RXP GNS into the panel in FSX.

What Flight1 are providing, is support for FSX-SE and P3D,  which RXP have not done.

That is assuming you are not bothered by part of the bezel intruding onto the DME radio below..

We went through this during the early Twotter / RXP GNS days.

Aerosoft could easily adjust this, but have decided against spending the time.

I think that it is no different than attempting to position an RXP GNS into the panel in FSX.

What Flight1 are providing, is support for FSX-SE and P3D,  which RXP have not done.

I would pay for an expansion if Aerosoft put in GTN/GNS compatibility. But they are hostile on their forums to any suggestions.

I would pay for an expansion if Aerosoft put in GTN/GNS compatibility. But they are hostile on their forums to any suggestions.

That is the biggest disadvantage oh Aerosoft products. I like them alot but their update policy is kinda bad.

$64.95 each and crossfill will be available for an additional cost in the future (not implemented YET)?!? A little too much. I don't doubt that it's a great product but almost $130 is not very attractive.

$64.95 each and crossfill will be available for an additional cost in the future (not implemented YET)?!? A little too much. I don't doubt that it's a great product but almost $130 is not very attractive.

Not cheap indeed. Reality XP isn't either. For both GNS units with the cross fill option I paid $199.85 a couple of years ago. I definitely hope RXP will offer an upgrade pricing strategy for the forthcoming release of their GNS software for Prepar3D. I'll follow that route then, hoping I'll save some money compared to going the Flight1 route.

The only and most painful disadvantage for me fight now is the lack of fsx flightplan import

Flight plan input is how it's done in the real world. Flight plans are stored in Garmin format in the Trainer so import is not possible.

Simmers demand realism, so that's realism for you.

Flight plan input is how it's done in the real world. Flight plans are stored in Garmin format in the Trainer so import is not possible.

Simmers demand realism, so that's realism for you.

Agree.  Fortunately there are many trips repeated in GA as well as big iron and you can store and retrieve plans so routes you fly often are only entered once.  Even IFR, my trips between home and Dallas are always the same.  As for VFR, just go straight line most of the time unless there is a Class B or restricted airspace along the way.

Yes and no.  The GNS series doesn't allow for airway entry... while most FMS's do.  However, that's what I love about the GTN series - you can load airways.  In the real 530/430 I'd say it's a little easier because of the fact that you can use your fingers.  But the the GNS is the toughest, then the GTN, then the FMS (and usually you can load FMS routes in the sim).

If you're doing NAT and all that stuff over the ocean, then yea, I suppose it would be easier to program a short route in a GTN/GNS.

Oh come on... There's *slightly* more than just a touchscreen that the GTN units have

But hey, I'm not paying 15k either ha!

As I said, I used the 430W during my pilot training (and the KLN90), and I've used a GTN 650 ... It's just newer devices replacing the old ones. Not everyone is going to get the new "thing."

In all fairness, there is a bigger gap between the F1 GTN and the other crap that passes for avionics in FS, than there is between the GTN and GNS in the RW. When got guys putting GTN's in place of MFD's in jets, you know it's good.