Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

-~~ Never mind... ~~-

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

X-Plane 11 hasn't been released and people already start complaining based on a Youtube video. Ridiculous...

+1

For me, X Plane is by far the most promising plattform.

I am sure the clouds / weather will / can be changed by an addon.

So why arguing about such minor details? The point for me is: We need more developers of addons. And I mean high end addons like PMDG or AS16.

+1

So, let's wait and see how X Plane 11 evolves!

:smile:

They dont look exceptional for a Vanilla sim. Further more what I meant by redrawing was that they suddenly dissappear and reappear which looks very bad.

It would appear that English isn't your first language :smile:

I would appear that English isn't your first language :smile:

No kind sir English is not my first language, Slovenian is. 

I don't wish to sound like someone who is complaining about X-Plane because not a day goes by where I wouldn't fly with the 767 in the X-Plane environment. Truth be told X-Plane offers the most realistic flight dynamics, is graphically superior and gives you the best feeling when flying, if that makes any sense. I'm also aware that Laminar is aware of the weather engine representation issues we have in the sim. I really dislike people coming here and saying that the weather and clouds representation are good and it's not something that requires urgent attention. I was expecting the weather to be the main improvement in XP11 and was a bit disappointed that it wasn't. I feel it's up to us to keep on reminding the developers where we would like to see improvements done because many were asking for a better UI in XP and Laminar delivered. 

That all said I can't wait for XP release this month. The improvements we got are quite big especially the FMC and the improved UI. 

• Upvote 6

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

I'm with you Denco 100%!

Native language Portuguese here :-)

Native flightsim... Well.... that keeps changing... but it's slowly converging to something well away from XP or FSX and derivates...

While I understand Laminar's introduction of XP11, and welcome the already mentioned updates, which look a lot better than how it is right now, truth is I will calmly wait and see where it goes...

I usually skip one X-Plane version, after disappointment with the previous one... Skipped XP9 ( only used the beta version all of the time ). But I would like to be able to like XP11.

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

X-Plane 11 hasn't been released and people already start complaining based on a Youtube video. Ridiculous...

It's not a complaint about XP11, at least in my posts. It's a complaint about how Laminar is marketing XP11, with preview videos made on a computer that isn't set up properly to show it off. I want it to be a success, and that starts with marketing.

I would hope that at this point in the evolution of flight sims, we wouldn't accept heavy aliasing and shimmer. Especially when it isn't present in the current version with the right hardware and settings.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Just wait till shortly after release. It won't be long before there will be much better videos and screenshots actually showing the sim in all its glory. The mind boggles why LR don't put more effort into their videos, but I've given up trying to understand their logic ;-)

• Upvote 1

Does this mean a revamped AI?

No, as far is I know, there have been no improvements to this.

LR don't put more effort into their videos

I agree on that point. The marketing for X-Plane is really a problem. This sim has so much potential. I have been using FSX and P3D for years and never even thought about getting X-Plane because there are so many people around here and other places which keep moaning about X-Plane, so that one who doesn't try could get the impression it is all ugly, has a horrible UI, etc. In fact, it is not bad at all but it's a great sim. It definitely has it's weak spots (like the weather) and the main problem is that developers prefer to develop for a dead 32 bit sim instead of moving to X-Plane. And this has a lot to do with the poor marketing for the platform. It's a niche within a niche. And that is not going to change unless the marketing for the plattform gets better. And LR is wasting this opportunity with the poor marketing for X-Plane 11. Really sad...

Just as a sidenote: I think it is really funny how people here on AVSIM are amazed by the new REX Worldwide Airports add-on. Ok, it gives you some nice textures. But most of the default X-Plane airports look ten times better without any payware add-on. But nobody seems to realize that other than the people who are already using X-Plane...

• Upvote 4

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

We have MisterX working on our HD airports addon...for free :)

I'm enough optimistic, i keep reading of new simmers coming to X-Plane and sooner than later third part devs will realize that the stable base is growing and looking for high quality airports and utilities.

Of course there's some skilled competitors to payware in the freeware field but people is demanding more and more. With the larger base XP11 is going to bring I think porting already developed sceneries to XP  will turn profitable even with a small investement.

And yes, weather has some problem (distance, FPS, variability) but looking at some Pr3D clouded skies with ASN or the like I think PR3D is overrated in this regard, At close range SMPRO beats hands down anything I've seen.

• Upvote 2

Though their videos could be 100% better, but maybe LR do not want to market XP11 with extremely high quality videos because they know that not everyone has the most powerful GPU/CPU, so they want to show the sim with the minimum acceptable settings. Plus im pretty sure LR knows that after release social media will take care of high quality reviews + videos . After all, P3D and FSX were marketed by fellow simmers via social media and I got my FSX, P3D and XP10 because of videos and reviews I saw on social media not because of Microsoft, Lockheed Martin or Laminar Research marketing strategies. What matters is that the developer continue improving his product...

• Upvote 2

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

I think these videos are fine, they do the job of showing off a particular feature without trying to mask some of the rougher edges. I guess it helps to keep expectations somewhat in check.

I agree on that point. The marketing for X-Plane is really a problem. This sim has so much potential. I have been using FSX and P3D for years and never even thought about getting X-Plane because there are so many people around here and other places which keep moaning about X-Plane, so that one who doesn't try could get the impression it is all ugly, has a horrible UI, etc. In fact, it is not bad at all but it's a great sim. It definitely has it's weak spots (like the weather) and the main problem is that developers prefer to develop for a dead 32 bit sim instead of moving to X-Plane. And this has a lot to do with the poor marketing for the platform. It's a niche within a niche. And that is not going to change unless the marketing for the plattform gets better. And LR is wasting this opportunity with the poor marketing for X-Plane 11. Really sad...

Just as a sidenote: I think it is really funny how people here on AVSIM are amazed by the new REX Worldwide Airports add-on. Ok, it gives you some nice textures. But most of the default X-Plane airports look ten times better without any payware add-on. But nobody seems to realize that other than the people who are already using X-Plane...

You really can't gauge X-plane on Avsim as it's only recently started getting traction here. This board is FS-centric as it is the core of most users. I would dare say that the majority X-planers  here are recent converts or hybrid flyers. Now on the .org they have the old guard who don't care for the flash & attention.

Exciting times indeed, and just for our readers, we are in contact with Austin Meyer and will conduct an interview regarding X-Plane in general, XP11 and what the future holds.

Stay tuned.

• Upvote 9