Sign in to follow this  
Desaix

Enviro...weather revolution for XP?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have tried the 32 bit and I found it very nice except 2d clouds.

Yeah it's quite expensive.

I don't think it's that expensive considering it's a lifetime license. I have already spent more on keeping SMP up to date and this should be better in theory. It is as expensive as the IXEG and more so than the 767, it's an interesting proposition to day the least. We shall see.

EDIT: Seems like you are limited to 4 activations that cannot be reset. Yeah I would steer well clear of this.

I can live with the price.

I can't live with 4 activations, especially if he doesn't offer some form of activation refund every X months or a way to just transfer a license file. I re-install Windows a few times a year, so I'd eat through those 4 activations in no time. Nothing I own doesn't allow for deactivation / activation refreshes in some form.

I don't think it's that expensive considering it's a lifetime license. I have already spent more on keeping SMP up to date and this should be better in theory. It is as expensive as the IXEG and more so than the 767, it's an interesting proposition to day the least. We shall see.

EDIT: Seems like you are limited to 4 activations that cannot be reset. Yeah I would steer well clear of this.

I guess (if this 4 activations policy is confirmed) that we'll never get lot of reviews...

More, the lifetime license is somewhat unclear to me...I remember when I bought SMP1 that the developer wrote on his forum that any future upgrade would have been free. That was true for version 2 but not with version 3.

Is there a link to something other than facebook? I'd like to take a look but you have to log into facebook....

Chris

• Upvote 1

No idea what this product is, since I'm not on Facebook either.

Whatever it is, a hard limit on activations is a deal-killer. I can understand a small number of activations and then having to contact the company for a refresh. I have a few products like that. 

• Upvote 1

It looked interesting until I saw the activation limit and price. I'm definitely out for this one. 

Would be interesting to know what this is about. The link above only goes to a Facebook login screen. Normally, it's possible to read Facebook posts without having to be registered. Meh.

• Upvote 1

Is there a link to something other than facebook? I'd like to take a look but you have to log into facebook....

Would be interesting to know what this is about. The link above only goes to a Facebook login screen. Normally, it's possible to read Facebook posts without having to be registered. Meh.

http://simrussia.com/xenviro_en/

Thanks Cameron!

This looks interesting indeed. Seems like it is intended to be an "all-in-one" weather and effects package. If it delivers what it promises, the price isn't all that unreasonable - after all, buying AS16 + REX or ASCA + PrecipitFX for FSX/P3D isn't any cheaper. I'll keep an eye on this.

As I mentioned earlier I have tried the 32 bit version of this , I like the clouds (check the thread "XP11 is coming in November" ) except they were 2d.   I had rain drops on the Piper J3 when using this mod.

I have been watching this in development for a long time and $69.90 USD for lifetime license does not seem unreasonable to me if it delivers as promised.

70 dollars, is somebody smoking crack ? The 2D clouds look awful.....Whats so amazing about this product ?

• Upvote 1

70 dollars, is somebody smoking crack ? The 2D clouds look awful.....Whats so amazing about this product ?

exactly ! where are the clouds is what i was thinking, let them show some clouds and no popping in when whether changes occur in X-plane 10. other wise this is the same as Sky max pro and maybe a little more,

paying 70 dollars? have they seen what active sky devs charges for so much better (judgement based on pics shown)?

in any case lets wait for the product and make final calls :)

Those beta screenshot aren't that impressive. (But there was a YB video preview out there on a takeoff in snowfall that looked impressive). I'll wait to see what X-Plane 11 has up their sleeves in the weather department.

P.S: Came across This today….. interesting!!

I see nothing on their web page about limited activations but $70 is way over the top.

As an unproven (for now) weather solution I would have thought half of that would have been more appropriate.

The price alone puts me off however good it may turn out to be.

Dev has updated. The activation system will be no different than any other XP addon so no worries on that front. The price is another matter entirely.

Tom Knudsen had posted some pics over a year ago and it looked pretty good back then.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/84551-xenviro/&page=1

The clouds look okay in those first couple of shots, but when flying over the top of those "popcorn" clouds it looks terrible. Mixing bright white puffs with gray-colored clouds doesn't look right. Just my opinion, and I know this is an old preview.

I'll reserve judgement when i'll see better, until now the cluds type are still the same but for 70$ i'd like see  all variants as Cumulus, nembocumuus, stratum ecc  and mixed togheder as rex4 with sc16. while in vide the is all uniform,  the same goes for the thickness of the clouds