Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

i had to reinstall, now getting avg 20 fps. there was also a 4gb patch today.

• Upvote 1

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

you sure

Yep...right now am crossing over my entire Custom Scenery Folder from XP10.  

Then, I will place back in and overwrite what was saved from the original XP11 of the same.

All of my test airports worked just fine...

Transferring/copying 123 GB's from my Custom Scenery of XP10, in process....

All aircraft in the demo roll to the left after takeoff. Does anybody know how to fix this?

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

All aircraft in the demo roll to the left after takeoff. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Re-calibrate your control devices...one person said that that gave you post XP10 correction.

I calibrated my Logitech Extreme right off..and suffered no such roll issue.

• Upvote 1

Quite a resource hog it seems, apparently an i7-6700K and a GTX 1080 can't quite handle the max settings. Hoping this is something that will improve before release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLwucNTDrmg

Please see the release notes. Performance is nowhere near optimized yest. Rememeber: BETA.

http://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-11-00-release-notes/

Yep...right now am crossing over my entire Custom Scenery Folder from XP10.  

Then, I will place back in and overwrite what was saved from the original XP11 of the same.

All of my test airports worked just fine...

Transferring/copying 123 GB's from my Custom Scenery of XP10, in process....

Copying folders and files completely? Why not just copy the folder shortcuts? Save you 123GB in space :) That's what I do

I've been using X-Plane since version 8. After running the demo for a couple of 15 minute blocks, I was impressed so much that I bought the full version.  $60 is a bargain to me for how much better this is than X-Plane 10!

The only problem was that so many people were downloading the demo, that my download speeds were so slow that I had to limit my coverage area for now . . . getting the full version, with just North America took over 5 hours last night (I'll download the rest of the world once things slow down a bit).

I went to bed while I was waiting for the updates to be installed, and had to work today, so I haven't been able to the the full version yet.

But the demo ran GREAT on my system [i7-4770K @ 4.2 MHz, 16 MB @ 2133MHz system RAM; Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming GPU w/8GB VRAM].  I had most of the graphic sliders set at max, with just a few set one notch below max), and the demo was getting consistent FPS in the mid to upper 30's (and I was using real weather, which was quite cloudy at the time in the Seattle area). The daytime haze needs to be reduced a tad, but overall, the lighting and reflections blew me away!  Best I have seen in any flight sim.

• Upvote 1

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Copying folders and files completely? Why not just copy the folder shortcuts? Save you 123GB in space :) That's what I do

I did this for a reason...that I could edit/remove the folders as I found whatever not compatible, independent of the other.  I have a 4 TB stand-alone HD for both my XP10 and XP11 to co-share...so space is not any issue to have both within their respective sims. :) Thanks for the suggestion, though! :)

Although I'm not recommending it, I just symlinked my XP10 Custom Scenery folder into XP11 and now they both have the same scenery. (Just unlink it when you run the updater)

Although I'm not recommending it, I just symlinked my XP10 Custom Scenery folder into XP11 and now they both have the same scenery. (Just unlink it when you run the updater)

Tony...as a scenery Dev...just curious..how large a figure in GB's is your XP10 Custom Scenery folder?  I was amazed that mine had grown to 123 GB's!

I have my scenery spread over 3 different drives :) It's easier for me to just copy scenery location shortcuts. So I have a "...\Custom Scenery Ortho"  "...\Custom Scenery Default" in my X-Plane folder and a batch file that just renames them to ..\Custom Scenery depending on what type of flight I want to make. 

So ren ..\Custom Scenery Ortho ...\Custom Scenery -> start x-plane.exe  Of course it's a little more involved than that  but it means I can start all different scenery combinations with just one set of scenery files just by using the shortcuts. But everyone has their own methods what ever is easier for them.

SCENERY_PACK D:\X-Plane Custom Scenery\EU Airports\EGKK_Scenery_Pack/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/

SCENERY_PACK D:\X-Plane Custom Scenery\Librarys\BS2001 Object Library/
SCENERY_PACK D:\X-Plane Custom Scenery\Librarys\CDB-Library/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho4XP\Tiles\Europe\zOrtho4XP_+48+013/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho4XP\Tiles\Europe\zOrtho4XP_+49+011/
SCENERY_PACK D:\X-Plane Custom Scenery\W2XP\w2xp_Europe_net/
SCENERY_PACK D:\X-Plane Custom Scenery\zzz_hd_global_scenery3/

Stupid question but why has X-Plane developers elected to use antiquated opengl - nobody has used that in ages as far as I know - directx would have been the wiser choice - maybe I am missing something 

Rich Sennett