Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

I've experienced the same issues Paraffin has mention several times.

There is obviously work/code that needs to be debugged and fine tune.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I like the high altitude SS's, but tend to fly VFR 95% of the time at 1000'-5000' AGL, can someone post some SS's with XE from a low and slow VFR perspective?

Thank you.

I hope they allow one to create their own clouds/weather someday also.

Aaron Tirrell

As far as I know, there is no way to get info on what XEnviro is currently injecting into the sim. It doesn't connect to the ATIS reports you can get from airports on X-Plane's map view.

No weather briefings is one of my big peeves about the program. Since they use their own server, there is no independent way to know what it's doing. I'd like to know what the actual winds are that are being injected, and since I can't know, I just use the slider in Settings to back them all the way down. 

Hi...

If you check the roadmap they intend to follow, you will see that they will do something about the issue of the weather on the map (so that also the ATIS will match the injected weather!).

I usually use a phone app to see the current weather at airports called AVIA WEATHER. I fly online on IVAO and sometimes the metar in the network is different from X-ENVIRO because iti s older (while xenviro is updating every 5 minutes so it is more accurate.) I noticed that the phone app and X-enviro weather match every time... so if you want to use that app weather is gonna give you a close idea of the weather you will find at the airport you are flying to.

Cheers

Stefano

can someone post some SS's with XE from a low and slow VFR perspective?

At least from me, there isn't much to show. Whenever I try and fly VFR low & slow in my home area, it's so foggy or cloudy that I can only fly about 500ft. This product has been removed from my plugins for now until either the real weather improves or they allow offline usage with custom weather

• Upvote 1

it's so foggy or cloudy that I can only fly about 500ft.

Well that sounds like crappy weather alright... It would be nice to see what KSAN is like, we've been having sorta crappy weather all week... But not so bad that it would make it terrible to fly GA in.

At least from me, there isn't much to show. Whenever I try and fly VFR low & slow in my home area, it's so foggy or cloudy that I can only fly about 500ft. This product has been removed from my plugins for now until either the real weather improves or they allow offline usage with custom weather

Things like that are holding me back! I will just wait to see what LR will delivery and see it will be good enough because at the current status there is no weather plugin that really satisfy me. SMP not only is fugly but also feels like a huge SCAM. XEnviro, is better positioned but feels like there are still a lot of work to do, specially because they aim for big goals. Unfortunately in these videogame era, there are thousand of games with potentials that have never reached those potential, so i learned to avoid any sort of pre-alpha, alpha version etc... 

Yeah, on one hand I'd like to buy this product to support it so it will become better and better (and also because the default XP weather is becoming very boring) but on the other hand I don't like to spend such an amount of money on something of which I don't know if it will deliver the goods one day... If it had been cheaper (like max 30 bucks) I would have bought it already but for 70 I want it to be what I'd like it to be. In my case I will wait until historic weather has been added (because for me custom/manual weather it too much work and I also want to be surprised).

Yeah, I've had episodes like that. Not just a failure to show what's happening in the real world, but a sudden drastic change in weather, like the server dropped out previously and then re-sync'd.

Also strange graphics effects like I posted earlier, which look to me like XEnviro is only loading one part of the vertical layers and dropping the rest.

i set the update weather intervall to 5 minutes and usually after an update it works

I like the high altitude SS's, but tend to fly VFR 95% of the time at 1000'-5000' AGL, can someone post some SS's with XE from a low and slow VFR perspective?

Thank you.

I hope they allow one to create their own clouds/weather someday also.

Aaron,

I posted this a few days ago. Low and slow (up to 5000' over the hills)

Got some amazing skies this afternoon on a flight from Liverpool (England) to Canaerfon (North Wales). Scenery is Ortho4XP with W2XP GB Pro. Winds and clouds were as per Liverpool METAR.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/498964-x-enviro-is-out/page-48#entry3539339

cheers

Peter

Link unfortunately doesn't work for me.

Apologies - have updated to link into previous post. Seems to work okay.

Peter

Things like that are holding me back! I will just wait to see what LR will delivery and see it will be good enough because at the current status there is no weather plugin that really satisfy me. SMP not only is fugly but also feels like a huge SCAM. XEnviro, is better positioned but feels like there are still a lot of work to do, specially because they aim for big goals. Unfortunately in these videogame era, there are thousand of games with potentials that have never reached those potential, so i learned to avoid any sort of pre-alpha, alpha version etc... 

Low and slow flying is great with XEnviro.  I don't have screen shots, but the flights I have made have been extremely accurate and realistic.  No complaints here.  I don't know where the info came from that XEnviro is only for high altitude flying.  Maybe some people are used to unrealistic cumulus clouds everywhere in all seasons, but I am finding that Xenviro is great when it comes to VFR flying, at least at this time of year in the SE USA  I have not tried summer flying, so maybe I need to try some southern hemisphere flights.  

Low and slow flying is great if you can get decent enough weather in the places you want to fly in. It happens to be winter here and we've just had a hail storm and strong winds, and it gets worse in the evenings when I generally use the sim. When the weather is nice and warm, I don't want to be in the house behind a computer. So can't win here  :smile:. 

Ha ha, I'm going to move back to Spain just so I can flight sim :-)