Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Anyone tried ENVTEX?

PTA has an option to compile the binary shader files, so I can see where you are coming from on this with EnvTex. But this is not worth worrying about since P3d will automatically compile the shader HLSL source files after the binaries are deleted.

I am aware of that. I was just verifying that Envtex wasn't making any changes that would be *overwritten* by the shader compile. I've learned not to trust things to go the way I expect them.

I'm assuming that the shader changes made by Envtex are made to the HLSL source and would only need to be reapplied after a P3D client update.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest Novation

Thank for the posted screenies. I'm really not sure sure I need any more textures, with REX3 & 4 along with ASCA and the freeware stuff I have, but this does look very nice as well, with some nice sky colours.

I would still like to see some cumulus if anyone grabs some shots :)

I don't like the clouds. Even on sharp they look like cotton balls. More like soft clouds for Rex. I went back to Rex clouds which has way more variety.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I am aware of that. I was just verifying that Envtex wasn't making any changes that would be *overwritten* by the shader compile. I've learned not to trust things to go the way I expect them.

I'm assuming that the shader changes made by Envtex are made to the HLSL source and would only need to be reapplied after a P3D client update.

Vic

Hi Vic,

Exactly, the Envtex shader tweaks are applied to ShaderHLSL then our program cleans the cache so it can be reloaded. If you made a backup the restore mode will restore these files (if you select Shaders in restore mode) and will clean the cache.

Our cloud shader tweak may not be compatible for the next update of P3D but we will updated it asap.

I don't like the clouds. Even on sharp they look like cotton balls. More like soft clouds for Rex. I went back to Rex clouds which has way more variety.

We are planning to add more variants on clouds with the SP1, if you have a precise idea on what you would like to see don't hesitate to post it here :smile: : http://togaprojects.proboards.com/board/6/envtex-feedbacks-requests

Maxime
TOGA projects

First, if you use ASCA together with AS16 and Envtex, ASCA will choose a sky texture in real time depending on your location and the weather. So you don't have to bother to choose a specific sky preset, ASCA will do everything for you.

If you use only Envtex, FS/P3D will choose randomly one of the 10 textures available for each time of day, it won't be related to the season or atmospheric condition but only time of day. Actually this is a native FS/P3D feature but I never saw a developer taking profit of that great feature before, probably because it requires a very huge amount of different sky textures (Currently exactly 545 different sky textures are included in the product).

In each of our sky presets those 10 textures have been designed to correspond to the theme (Seasonal - Winter will have deeper blue days and yellow-ish sunrises with some tint variations every day) but if you want to have season based textures you must change the sky preset in Envtex and install it.

I hope my explanation was clear, not sure though ^^ :nea:

My ASCA has the ENVTEX in them, however the settings for when the show up are not selected on any texture, should they be selected. Here is a screenshot to better explain. Great program extremely happy with my purchase. 

Capture.jpg

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

My ASCA has the ENVTEX in them, however the settings for when the show up are not selected on any texture, should they be selected. Here is a screenshot to better explain. Great program extremely happy with my purchase. 

Hi,

We also provide our own weather influence so you don't need to bother doing that but it seems it has not been installed correctly. I see that you already have the SP1 of ASCA, did you run Envtex as admin? If not it probably failed to erase the native ASCA file.

Maxime
TOGA projects

If I want to only restore my original ASCA clouds, how do I do that?  I want to keep everything else installed.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Not the developer here, but I wanted to do the same and it seems to have worked.  I went back to ASCA settings and CHECKED BOTH Cloud Textures and Cirrus and saved the settings.  I assume when ASCA is launched again, the new ASCA clouds would be inserted and override the previous cloud sets from ENVTEX. When I re launched the sim, clouds looked a lot better to me.  I was not a big fan of the ENVTEX clouds.

WAT1460.png

This looks like a nice enhancement for FSX. I just wish there was a way to use REX Soft Clouds and all the variations with ASCA.

Currently I'm using AS16/ASCA  SP1 and the clouds still do not "look" as good as REX Soft Clouds.

ASCA has been improved in SP1, but I still prefer REX soft clouds.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi,

We also provide our own weather influence so you don't need to bother doing that but it seems it has not been installed correctly. I see that you already have the SP1 of ASCA, did you run Envtex as admin? If not it probably failed to erase the native ASCA file.

Possibly, should I just run the app again and install?

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Not sure what convinced me but...

envtexupuos.jpg 

P.S.

truth is it was Pe11e comment that he uses it for sky colours :D 

Not sure what convinced me but...

envtexupuos.jpg

P.S.

truth is it was Pe11e comment that he uses it for sky colours :D 

Haha, I'm glad that my taste is sometimes used as a reference.  :Tounge: 

I'm still in testing phase. Currently testing ENVTEX sky + ASCA integration, must do some proper flight with various weather before I spit my opinion.  :smile: I was testing envtex random sky set (with 10 day cycle) and first impression was really good, but then I was descending into LOWW with some fair weather but sky was completely off, haze was bright grey, it will suit some foggy wather the most. ASCA integration will fix that, I suppose it will use those sky textures only for foggy weather (Maxime confirmed this).

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I'm using it with ASCA integration and only envtex sky textures. I also noticed that I get better fps in overcast when there is sunset or sunrise but I also changed pta profile from URP to David's one.