Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Manchester Airport - UK2000 vs Aerosoft

Until a few years ago, I would buy an Aerosoft airport on release without waiting for reports on performance but not any more. I also notice that the attitude on their support forums to many people raising legitimate questions about performance issues of some of their products is quite dismissive and at times verging on hostile, which is unfortunate.

My feelings entirely! Thanks for putting words on them.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Of course nobody is born with the ability to use 3D modelling programs, we learn that stuff, but anyone who does that kind of thing will tell you that they get better and more efficient with each project they build.

This touches upon the thought about 'there's modeling and there's modeling for FSX/P3D'. Conceptually the same, but in practice they are two different birds.

Phil Taylor years ago mentioned the importance of draw calls. Texture sheet packing is a sight to behold, as some developers do it to an art. When looking for files to download in the library I will use the zip dive function. If something shows a large number of textures I am starting to pass on those. Generally they are from a someone starting out using Sketchup and building textures as they go along.

Whoever this I.D.S. developer is, they need to realize and accept FSX/P3D for what it is. I think it's evident that when looking at the placement files for the thousands of objects at KSMF and seeing  99% of the objects are placed at a scenery density of VERY_SPARSE that they don't fully grasp how to implement a proper approach. So users hoping to improve performance using the scenery density sliders are left scratching their heads, wondering why their system still wheezes and coughs.

But there are preview screens for another U.K. airport from I.D.S. at the Aerosoft forum! I'll refrain from further comments.

• Upvote 1

I see that IDS are also developing a version of EGNT Newcastle......

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Affirm. EGNT is mentioned as one of the upcoming I.D.S. releases in this thread here:
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/117712-aerosoftids-nassau/&do=findComment&comment=794512

Quote:
"Hello,
as already mentioned couple of times we need to see if the new techniques proove(sic!) themselves on our upcoming releases.
There is no news and we will post news as soon as we see results from current releases."

Another UK2000 scenery they are releasing to compete? Did Gary make them mad? There are a lot of airports they could do instead. A P3D and fsx EINN that has sode jetways is one that I think could be good. Eirsim is for fs9/fsx and static jetways. In America there are many airports needed, PDX, RNO, BIL, a long list.

Its the same for FS9, ELLX is horrible on the framerate, while EDDF is fine.

Big quality differences.

UK2000 is always fine, and smooth. Thumbs up for Gary! :good:

A good quality (PlayHorizon photoscenery compatible) version of EINN Shannon (preferably with some of the surrounding scenery modelled) is long overdue.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I also notice that the attitude on their support forums to many people raising legitimate questions about performance issues of some of their products is quite dismissive and at times verging on hostile, which is unfortunate.

I think we've all seen this and in all honesty this isn't only about Aerosoft but also true for some other publishers, developers and even communities. I think the common ground often is size, popularity, lack of competition or a mix of all of them. It's very easy to get cocky when you have something that people can't get from elsewhere.

I've brought this up a couple of times in different situations and forums over the years and mostly the result has been I've been smacked in the face and told to pretty much shut up when I've claimed that this business shouldn't be any different than any other business. If you sell something to people you have a responsibility to make sure your customers are happy and if you fail to do that you won't survive in the long run. The only reason some have survived this long even when showing very odd customer service again is what I discussed above...mostly lack of competition for a specific product.

What I think is happening now is people are finally waking up...we...the customers have started making demands to be treated with respect in the same way you should always expect to be treated in any other situation when you decide to give your money to someone...ie doing business with them. Sure...it's not always nice to communicate with customers and sometimes they/we can be real ***holes but hey...that's part of the game when you're running some kind of business and if you want to succeed in the long run you need to learn how to deal with those kind of customers as well.

Locking people out or deleting posts very seldom is your best option unless it's obvious it's a tr*ll because an unhappy customer/user will always talk much more than a happy customer/user and Internet is quite big as we all know with lots of chances to spread your thoughts.

Let's say I sold someone a product for $30 and this customer for whatever reason is everything but happy with the product. I try to offer him support but no matter what I do he's still not happy and asks me for a refund. In such a case a refund means I would loose that $30 deal. Or...I could tell him I won't offer him a refund despite his issues and despite me having failed to solve them with the result he most certainly won't buy any more of my products plus he will let everyone know of his bad experience making business with me. Now what do you think the cost for that would be...$30...? Of course not but most probably ten times that at the very least.

Looking at this specific example where some people said Aerosoft is only the publisher. Sure, that is true. But in my book that doesn't take away their responsibility to make sure the products they sell to you and me are of good quality. Of course they can for whatever reason decide to skip the quality control but that will obviously and eventually bite them in the tail as has been seen here.

I think any company, organisation, publisher, developer or community not realizing the very common sense in all this will eventually find themselves to be walking on very thin ice.

As for Aerosoft I hope they will manage to turn this bad situation around because just like many others I have lots of their products and mostly I've been happy so I hope they will be around for lots of years to come and continue to provide us with good quality products by ending any bad external relationships and sort any internal issues.

• Upvote 7

Richard Åsberg

If I bought the IDS from Aerosoft and I was having issues like I see reported I would be straight to my CC company to get a refund.

Who cares about all the rubbish from Aerosoft about contractual this and contractual that? If the product doesn't work or causes crashes or only works when I disable every other addon I have then I am getting a refund.

Don't be put off by aggressive staff.

Most people don't have the cash to buy an addon and then find they can't get a refund and have to wait 6 years for updates to make it work properly if ever.

This is why I like using the Flight1 system. If I don't like the product or have issues I can get a refund easily. At least with a system like Flight1 you can get a refund, buy something else and then revisit the original product again when the issues have been resolved.

• Upvote 1

What really annoys me with Aerosoft forums is they are too quick to lock topics. The Manchester Refund one being a classic example.

I posted my thoughts on it together with a few others. They were all reasonable posts and yet the moderator replies and then locks the thread preventing further discussion.

I was going to suggest that part of any airport spec should be the amount of VAS it consumes. That would tell me straight away whether it would be suitable for me or not. But they deny me and others that opportunity with their attitude. They need to rethink their policy.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

They made a big mess, both IDS and Aerosoft, i still have a few day before i can't ask for a refund any more (naively waiting for that hottfix), but besides, i know my eventual refund request will fall on def ears. All i know for sure that their attitude lately, and this time over Manchester release turned me away from them for good. And yeah, I have over a dozen of their airports. Bottom line is, I'll rather be without a scenery in the sim, than having one that comes with sh...ty customer service.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Its the same for FS9, ELLX is horrible on the framerate, while EDDF is fine.

Big quality differences.

UK2000 is always fine, and smooth. Thumbs up for Gary! :good:

ELLX needs an update and full P3D compatibility, it is heavy on fps, although I found removing some of the effects files for the city like the fountains helped.

You do know what the best methode to make them listen is, right?     DON'T buy any of their products, and maybe they will figure out that something's gonna change.

• Upvote 2

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

You do know what the best methode to make them listen is, right?     DON'T buy any of their products, and maybe they will figure out that something's gonna change.

Carenado keep pumping out airplane after airplane and not bug fixing their old releases.