Sign in to follow this  
Copper.

PMDG - Project "Oleo" - Classification - Top Secret

I can only think of two things related to Pigeon.  An acars messaging system or bird strike modelling.

(Edit: But I too would love to see VC rain effects)

Wasn't there even an ACARS entry in the FMC for the 747 for FS9/FSX that Rob The Randazzo said they were looking into and just maaaybe.... Well, I always wondered what happened to it. Personally I'm waiting to build up the courage to venture in shared cockpit on vatsim so yeah, shared cockpit would be awesome! Anyone wants an Air China 981 FO?

If the surprise really is shared cockpit and you are fine with me, then you can just write me whenever you want to go! I love long-hauls from/to Asia. And unlike some kind of ACARs implementation, that would really blow my mind

• Upvote 1

Found it on google and it loaded in as a sig pic. its an awesome pic!!!

look i took Kyle's as well

Enjoy it then I guess :D

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Does anyone really think The Man in the High Castle will clue us all in right now?  Na, that's why it's called a secret project:  The speculation just fuels the interest. He does say though it's almost finished...

As for me:  Right now, I just want to start downloading the Queen!

The now famous 'pogo stick'.

Like in a strut that compresses.

The will be deciding where to best conceal it somewhere inside the flight deck/virtual cabin/cargo hold/upper deck/crew rest area/lower cargo hold(s)/landing gear bays.

If it is not what I quoted (first) at 'le weekend' then perhaps some kind of touchdown rate monitor.  I still think pogo stick.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

some kind of touchdown rate monitor.

These already exist. There's a module for paid FSUIPC and there's also the [awesome] Lord of the Landing.

These already exist. There's a module for paid FSUIPC and there's also the [awesome] Lord of the Landing.

Yes I realize this .... I am hoping for something a little more refined ... to give you an idea this is what the leaders in the simulation field have achieved ...

RkRMb10.jpg

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

(Edit: But I too would love to see VC rain effects)

This has been discussed to death. Problem is FSX, not the addon. These effects are possible, but form an absolute performance killer.

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Never will I ever program anything that will provide a touchdown rate to someone. It's an awful, worthless statistic that the sim crowd have put out there for us in a misguided attempt to assert less is more when trying to talk up pilot stats. Greasers are great, but they are not always the safer and better option.

Not gonna do it.

Wouldn't be prudent.

• Upvote 6

Kyle Rodgers

This has been discussed to death. Problem is FSX, not the addon. These effects are possible, but form an absolute performance killer.

There are always workarounds if you look hard enough. If you notice in Activesky 16 there's a lovely in-cloud motion effect when you go through clouds, 

It's an awful, worthless statistic that the sim crowd have put out there for us

Man, well said! I never quite understood what is this "landing rate" supposed to "measure" at all. For sure it does not give valuable information on how good a landing actually is yet I see it referred to as something godly data that makes one an outstanding pilot. What I tend to see in reality is even the opposite though: the "lower" the landing rate, the more the floating...

Cheers,
Zsolt Monostori

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Never will I ever program anything that will provide a touchdown rate to someone. It's an awful, worthless statistic that the sim crowd have put out there for us in a misguided attempt to assert less is more when trying to talk up pilot stats. Greasers are great, but they are not always the safer and better option.

Not gonna do it.

Wouldn't be prudent.

BLESS YOU for saying what has been on my mind for a very long time.

id rather have my last 3rd of a final approach measured! even after 20 years, i still loose the glideslope somwhere near 500ft and still for the life of me never hit the markers,

• Upvote 1

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

id rather have my last 3rd of a final approach measured! even after 20 years, i still loose the glideslope somwhere near 500ft and still for the life of me never hit the markers,

If you are finding yourself consistently high, make a conscience effort to keep the nose down. This happens to a lot of pilots actually. Especially with new guys/girls on the jet my company flies. It's just a natural response that you plan for.  Once you get it into muscle memory, you wont have the problem anymore....or very rarely.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda