Sign in to follow this  
hollow1slo

P3D VAS usage (FSL A320 related)

So, how high is the VAS usage of the FSL320 at the actual patch state? (with shadercache on or off?)

Or the numerous tickets on the forum

You get that on the release of any new aircraft. You have been around long enough to know that. Remember there are people who should not own computers, let alone a high end aircraft addon. Like the guy who complained that he should not have to run P3D as admin to fly the plane.

You can't ban stupid people, which is unfortunate.

And after reading some of your previous posts, I would think you would agree.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Question to those who own the plane already - does it allow to save flight (and panel state) and then reload and continue it similar to PMDG? 

THanks

Question to those who own the plane already - does it allow to save flight (and panel state) and then reload and continue it similar to PMDG? 

THanks

Yes it does allow you to save the panel state, Resume flight with a saved flight as well.

Currently on leg 2 of 3. Flew from Latín VFR TJSJ to FSDT KFLL. Now flying FLL to JFK. No issues with OOM or FPS.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Yes it does allow you to save the panel state, Resume flight with a saved flight as well.

Currently on leg 2 of 3. Flew from Latín VFR TJSJ to FSDT KFLL. Now flying FLL to JFK. No issues with OOM or FPS.

Great. THank you

I know that is the hype, but the numbers show different.

Honestly - several of us tested this with identical scenery, identical settings and an identical aircraft model (the default Mooney, which is the same in both sims). We also graphed the VAS usage in FSX and P3D v3.4 several times under controlled conditions with, again, identical scenery and identical settings and we had the same results.

The numbers don't lie!

When you say "identical settings", do you also factor in that setting the LOD radius to maximum in FSX gives a different result than in P3D?

I just installed the patch, also applied the NVidia tweak.  My LOD is 4.5.   MyTrafficPro AI 10%, Cars 10%, Ships (with the freeware addon for all extras) at 10%.

Just flew out of FSDT KLAX, with full ORBX Socal on, AS2016 weather.  Frames are nothing to write home about due to ORBX (I did this on purpose as a stress test).  VAS did not dip below 800 remaining.  Now at 911 going to Flightbeam KSFO HD.  I think this is more than reasonable.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Well just did the Last test I will for VAS

P3D 3.4

AS16+art

TrackIR+Chaseplane

AS EGLL - FT EHAM

Global+Vector

Very over cast at EHAM with last 5000ft =white out, did not see the runway (and a first in my time simming) to 30ft, at that point I turned of AP and landed. Still pulled of a very nice -115 fpm landing :wink:

Here is a screen shot when taxi'ing in

2017-1-23_0-55-56-171.jpg

VAS left at gate after all that! 500mb.

Job done will never look again.

• Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Very over cast at EHAM with last 5000ft =white out, did not see the runway (and a first in my time simming) to 30ft, at that point I turned of AP and landed. Still pulled of a very nice -115 fpm landing

Did you get a call from your Chief Pilot for a tea without biscuits meeting? :wink:

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

In P3D you can load directly from the main menu. Provided your P3D default flight starts in an aircraft with the engine shut down (mine's the Cub), the A320 will load C&D. If you don't want to change your default flight, just load the Cub first, shut the engine down, the load the A320.

So Simon, consider I finished an hypothetical flight and save it with engines shut down, or even cold and dark, when I load it again it will be the way I left when I last saved it, right?!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Pete,

Bear in mind that P3D v3.4 is in itself about 500mb heavier on VAS than FSX before you load anything, A320 or no A320....

I find this a little hard to believe or is it FSX :SE ? (never installed it myself - Only FSX SP2)

i recall having about 500MB less VAS with P3Dv3 vs V2.5 which was less or the same as FSX SP2.

I remember that HD textures really would hurt VAS in FSX

Also i remember Rob also stated that the settings in P3D cannot be compared directly with FSX as settings is higher with more options.?

Anyway i am lucky not having any issues with VAS in P3D3.4.9.18400  :wink:

Having VAS 2.8 in the PMDG 777 in 4K Maxed out complexity and tesselation on Ultra at Flytampa EKCH and EHAM is quite nice

in FSX that was around 3.3-3.5GB

Thanks 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I'm well aware I can start in the cub and choose the fsl 320. But changing aircraft hits vas. It's fiddly and its a faff.

I still staggering in 2017 the "just expect" culture we have adopted in the Flightsim community insted of owning up to reality.

It's a sign of the times and shows how easily people are socially conditioned.

If a black rapper tells you enough times by media advertising that his 300 buck headphones are worth 300 bucks, because hes indorsed them then people will buy them.

If enough doctors prescribe prozak to overweight people and tell the over weight person it's society's fault for being mean to them and not tell them due to their poor lifestyle choices of donuts and no exercise, you then create an obesity epidemic.

The same conditioning applies here, if a company sticks to the line of "use the cub" then change aircraft. Insted of saying "no we didn't model that because of x and y" Or "no with the extreme coding of the aircraft and the conflicts between. Net and simconnect we couldnt manage to do it" that's devalues their product. And their marketing manager knows it.

If you tell people enough times "you can run p3d in full screen" people will buy that statement. Instead of saying "yes because it's a badly coded simulator from 10 years ago, that we've tinkered with and adjusted to flog some more copies it's now become unstable with conflicting simconnect, . Net and c++ coding, so yes the draw back is You'll have to press pause when you go from full screen to windowed mode every time" guess what it devalues the product.

Once again. You're back to the social conditioning again. If enough people agree to pay twice for a product it's becomes a norm. I'f enough people agree to pay to beta test a product it's the norm.

I just wish we could go back 15 years and get honesty, value for money and a sturdy product. Not the current wave of over hyped gibberish by twitch streamers, leading to over priced products because the company before them got away with it. That's after getting people to pay to beta test it,because someone else managed to pull that one.

Look I managed to do 2 great sectors yesterday from lgw to lin to lgw in a what seems a great product. I also however managed to pull my hair out because it I have to faff around changing from cubs to 320s. I got 3 ctds going from full screen to Windowed mode.

I had another issue when using gsx to board the pax the right mcdu on the menu page to close the door disappears.

I have to change my asn settings to make it work.

I cant do a spot view at Gatwick at night when told by vatsim atc "after the aircraft next to you has push your cleared to push" because the vas will drain and oom.

And all of the above for a whopping price tag. It's a great idea but theirs only so much you can try and create a real a320 in a 10 year old sim with out running into issues and theirs only so much you can try and get away with charging

14ppkc-6.png

Well just did the Last test I will for VAS

VAS left at gate after all that! 500mb.

Thats impressive!

Does this tweak only apply when flying the FSLabs A320 or other jets such as PMDG 777/NGX etc?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Thats impressive!

Does this tweak only apply when flying the FSLabs A320 or other jets such as PMDG 777/NGX etc?

The FSL A320 is the heaviest of them all in terms of VAS. The PMDGs consume about 300 Mb less.
  • Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

@ Peter King

Am sorry to here your none stop problems. 

After my flight from AS EGLL that's far more demanding than (and I have) UK2000 EGKK. AT EGLL i used all views with chashplane for my walk around. 9R out to EHAM over cast weather with total fog wipe out at EHAM by FT.

I alway go from full screen to window to set BAV up and on that flight to look at chase plane VAS report. Never have I had a crash from full screen to window. Never had a problem with VAS or the FSL.

Every post I see is you telling everyone how bad the FSL Bus is.

Well sorry to say but I think its your set up at your end were the problem is because I can do everything you cannot with a freash install and a very clean win 7 PC.

I hope you can sort it.

Its funny how you imply how brain washed we are and

If enough doctors prescribe prozak to overweight people and tell the over weight person it's society's fault for being mean to them and not tell them due to their poor lifestyle choices of donuts and no exercise, you then create an obesity epidemic. 

Reminds me of you keep telling us how bad the FSL is. When its not.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip