Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

FSLabs A320 for P3D - so is it worth it?

Having flown PMDG for as long as I can remember, took the plunge and purchased the FSlabs A320. Just completed the tutorial, coming in to FlyTampa EKCH at dusk. All  I can say is wow. Very impressive system level depth and scope. OK performance as well starting with 1.5 VAS at FlyTampa LOWW and ending with .52. FPS between 22-30 (fixed at 31). Dunno what they did with v193 but they got it where it runs smooth on my system. Tomorrow will try same flight with AS16. 

Using a Thrustmaster T16000 joystick - very nice and smooth.

Money well spent, no doubt for me.  :good:

a320.jpg

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

Hi guys,

Quick question to the owners of fslabs a320 on p3d. Do you know if fslabs simulated changes in runway conditions friction (Dry,rain,snow) ? I know that p3d,fsx isnt doing that really good and i was using a friction addon till today to make it more challenging in Wet and snowy runway conditions.

I guess if they did it its going to a sure purchase in the next few days.

Thank you !

Roi Ben

Hi -

Yes they did in both FSX and P3D versions.

• Upvote 1

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Hi -

Yes they did in both FSX and P3D versions.

Perfect !! Thank you very much !

Roi Ben

Also note you DONT need any friction mod with the A320, in fact if you run it I would turn it off.

Also note

There is a big different with the engine type.

With the IAF with normal payload and fuel bloc of around 5 you move when you release the brakes and dont need any engine power to taxi, you do need your brakes :)

CFM you need 24% - 25% N1 to move.

There like different planes ,sounds performance etc.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I bought FSLabs A320 also:  my advice for interested guys: wait untill all issues are OK - i was way too early...and be aware: There is no try before buy and no refund possible !! So think twice...wich i did not...

Also note you DONT need any friction mod with the A320, in fact if you run it I would turn it off.

Also note

There is a big different with the engine type.

With the IAF with normal payload and fuel bloc of around 5 you move when you release the brakes and dont need any engine power to taxi, you do need your brakes :)

CFM you need 24% - 25% N1 to move.

There like different planes ,sounds performance etc.

That sounds great !

Do you feel big difference in braking action between wet and dry runway ?

Roi Ben

Pluto7777,

We are not aware of any issues that are prohibiting customers from enjoying the product. 

Can you direct me to a post you've made on our support forum, so we can assist with any issues you're having?

• Upvote 1

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

Pluto7777,

We are not aware of any issues that are prohibiting customers from enjoying the product. 

Can you direct me to a post you've made on our support forum, so we can assist with any issues you're having?

There are quite a few posts over on the FSLabs forum of people who are having issues

Can only speak for myself but i'm currently not enjoying it with framerates all over the place, especially in cruise. In my case this came with v93, before it was fine. No statement from the devs yet

No been on a wet one yet.

But the diffrence in flying the A320 with IAF and CFM is huge. 

IAF make the A320 feel and sound like a sports Car. Sounds to match

CMF are like a luxury saloon car. Sounds to match...well if you can hear them, you can but they are quiet  :smile:

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I guess you'll have to see for yourself Roi. :)

I guess you'll have to see for yourself Roi. :)

I guess i will... :)

Just the 140$ price tag throwing me off a little bit.

Roi Ben

with framerates all over the place, especially in cruise. In my case this came with v93, before it was fine. No statement from the devs yet

You have read this ?

https://hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?7860-*Hugh-FPS-drop*

If I tell you turning anti-ice on also changes the way the Bus taxies due to the higher engine fuel flow required for the increased bleed demand, will it help? :)

thanks david, yes i've seen that as well. But i'm also getting bad FPS with clear skies and no AS16 weather. It all started to happen with the most recent FSL A320 update. Must be some calculations going ballistic in the background. As soon as i pause the sim my FPS increase by 50%.