Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

FSLabs A320 for P3D - so is it worth it?

So, if I may ask, and appart from the natural advantages of using a sim that is stil under development as opposed to even FSX:SE, and if one is not willing to use any shadows or fancy DX11 graphics sugar, what is the true advantage of using FSLabs A320 over P3D instead of FSX:SE ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I got the FSLabs bus yesterday. The installer is a little bit different than usual, as you first have to install something called Resources.exe or something like that. Then you install the Aircraft itself, and lastly you have to install fsl spotlights (separate download).

I first tried it for a short flight without VR. Worked fine, except that the wx and terrain radar wasn't working. Then I tried in flyinside With HTC Vive, and it was also working smooth. Perhaps a little worse in performance in VR than my other AddOns, but nothing very noticable and I would still Call it "smooth".

I searched through the fslabs forums and discovered the reason for the wx and terrain radar not working: it's an incompatability With a dll from FlyInside. Further more the forum post I found stated that it also caused the fsl spotlights not to function. I'm not quite sure how that will impact my enjoyment of the Product untill they fix this, because I've only flown in daylight up untill now. I'm writing this from work (lunch break) :)

I can only hope that the dev from FI and the devs from FSLabs Reach out to eachother to fix. For me This leaves a somewhat sour taste in my mouth because I dont have any problems With any other airplane (be it pmdg or the Concorde X) flying in VR. I cant fly without VR any more, so that's not an option.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

So, if I may ask, and appart from the natural advantages of using a sim that is stil under development as opposed to even FSX:SE, and if one is not willing to use any shadows or fancy DX11 graphics sugar, what is the true advantage of using FSLabs A320 over P3D instead of FSX:SE ?

Did you not answer your own question there?

If you want to run a sim with no beautiful clouds shadow or the other graphics "sugar" in a sim that also placers more work on the gfx.

A sim that is constantly worked on.

Or run a sim full of bugs and is dead...

Well yer nothing!!!! run FSX-SE.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

For all of you who up until now have been flying Boeings using a yoke what kind of stick did you get to fly this bird?

Surely I guess you want a high quality stick to go along with an aircraft such as this one...?

Richard Åsberg

Ok, did you guys managed to export flight plan from pfpx to the bus, installed on the same pc. As i recall from last night, it should be done via printing option in the pfpx, i'm at work on a lunch break :P

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Mark,

You don't have to enter the waypoints, just enter the airways and the FMGC will magically find where the airways intersect - I believe this technique is known as stringing a flight plan. However, always check that the correct waypoints are inserted by the system.

I am doing this but when you get to the end of the page you have to insert the plan and then go back to the last waypoint to start entering more data.

For all of you who up until now have been flying Boeings using a yoke what kind of stick did you get to fly this bird?

Surely I guess you want a high quality stick to go along with an aircraft such as this one...?

I am using a cheap Saitek joystick that I purchased years ago when I first started with flight sim.  You don't need anything fancy and somewhere on the FSL forums they say their real world A320 pilots are using a $30 joy and consider it very good for this application.  I don't have the name of it but you can search their forums.

Keep in mind that this aircraft behaves like a real airbus so when you bank 20 degrees, then return stick to center, it will hold that bank until you change it, same with climb and descent inputs, you are not doing anything but very small inputs to correct path.  Hand flying it is a dream.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Yes it should be a quality stick.

So I use a Thrustmaster Warthog. Its also in there manual with setting for it.

Hand flying it is a dream.

yes it is :)

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm using the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Joystick with Thrustmaster TFRP T-Flight Rudder Pedals.

It's a nice combination. The thrust lever has a detent that is perfect for your CLB gate - plus a rocker on the top-front of the thrust lever that I use for a tiller. It works really well with the bus and so far I've had no problems at all with it. 

• Upvote 1

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

Any suggestions on good mounting place for joystick when flying the bus? Putting it on the desk is far from realism, what do you use to place it on the left side of your seat? :)

I am big on documentation. I know I can find great docs on the web (e.g. smartcockpit.com), but what documentation comes with this bus?

Any suggestions on good mounting place for joystick when flying the bus? Putting it on the desk is far from realism, what do you use to place it on the left side of your seat? :)

This is a very good question, I was just thinking to ask the same thing.

Thanks for your input guys regarding sticks to use.

Richard Åsberg

Mephic, on 25 Jan 2017 - 1:07 PM, said:

I use a Speedlink Black Widow joystick and have attached it via its suction pads to a small glass table that stands either left (Captain) or right (FO) from my seat. It has nearly the same position now as in the real cockpit.

One thing to add: I think it is important to resemble the position of the flight controls as real as possible in order to train muscle memory. I had no problems with the controls when sitting in a full motion airbus simulator

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I use a Speedlink Black Widow joystick and have attached it via its suction pads to a small glass table that stands either left (Captain) or right (FO) from my seat. It has nearly the same position now as in the real cockpit.

Sounds like a good solution!

Richard Åsberg

Ok, did you guys managed to export flight plan from pfpx to the bus, installed on the same pc. As i recall from last night, it should be done via printing option in the pfpx, i'm at work on a lunch break :P

Yes works absolutely fine. Just need to make sure it's in PFPX format before releasing the flight.

I am using a small folding coffee table that slides under my desk but is perfect to pull out and set the joystick on for sidestick.  

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000