Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

FSLabs A320 for P3D - so is it worth it?

Just got it 2 days ago and so far I'm having mixed feelings.

As far as the systems are concerned - it's a bomb.  Performance wise (and I'm not even talking about VAS) there are still plenty of small glitches and compatibility issues, from simple activation (it takes 60 seconds!!!) to FPS performance on cruise, that you'd need to fix yourself. AOC Service for non-VATSIM/IVAO users should have to have "Disable" option.

To sum up. $150 plane should work flawlessly out-of-the-box like PMDG birdies. Hence, I assume that I just invested into the bright future of this product as refunds aren't available :-)  

How did you fix cruise FPS performance? Having this issue since v93

How did you fix cruise FPS performance? Having this issue since v93

I didn't . Playing around with AM and turning AOC off (sometimes) brings some relief, but i guess it's incidental. 

I didn't . Playing around with AM and turning AOC off (sometimes) brings some relief, but i guess it's incidental. 

Ok, same as i did, yesterday i tried all possible AM combinations for a 4 core with HT....no luck

Cruise FPS are definitely worse with the most recent patch, looks like something going ballistic in the background, hope they fix it soon. 

i always wait for several weeks before taking the plunge til things cool down , the only way to do it. i done it with PMDG , majestic , AS and many others and believe me i want it now  :Tounge:  :Tounge:  :Tounge:  :Tounge:  :Tounge:

i always wait for several weeks before taking the plunge til things cool down , the only way to do it. i done it with PMDG , majestic , AS and many others and believe me i want it now  :Tounge:  :Tounge:  :Tounge:  :Tounge:  :Tounge:

Well...I keep my fingers crossed that you're right. The catch was that Lefris and Co were behind the very first NGX and 747v1 from PMDG, so I assumed that I should have expected the same reliability and performance level like it used to be in the past. Hopefully they will fix most of them soon 

Just got it 2 days ago and so far I'm having mixed feelings.

As far as the systems are concerned - it's a bomb.  Performance wise (and I'm not even talking about VAS) there are still plenty of small glitches and compatibility issues, from simple activation (it takes 60 seconds!!!) to FPS performance on cruise, that you'd need to fix yourself. AOC Service for non-VATSIM/IVAO users should have to have "Disable" option.

To sum up. $150 plane should work flawlessly out-of-the-box like PMDG birdies. Hence, I assume that I just invested into the bright future of this product as refunds aren't available :-)  

I got it at  the pretty much same time like you.

Not that I am trying to find any faults, but I always do wonder if I have the same problems.

Activation: here, very fast. Entered my data, and that was it. When the sim loads, there's a bit annoyance through that separate window, but hey, I'll live.

FPS in cruise? I have 58fps when running 60 locked, and some cloud cover coming from AS16 - I had it in a simple non-managed flight for an hour or so. Didn't change really.

AOC - just read about it this morning, didn't try you, but you don't have to use it, do you? As far as I understood it, you can use AOC to load it, also if you saved it with the PFPX, but can't you also export with PFPX and then load it? (similarly as I do it with the NGX)

At this point, I don't regret $150, but up until now, I just did unmanaged test flights, looking around VC and reading the manual.

Activation: here, very fast. Entered my data, and that was it.

Sorry, I meant initialization, not activation. The former takes at least a minute (!!!). PMDG requires merely 20 seconds

Ah yes that, also something I'll live with :) I just sort it under "very complex systems" -> which it is.

How long is your flight planing... I bet you can't do it under a minute :)

yeah initialization takes a bit longer than other addons but i believe this is due to the fact that basically everything is running outside of the sim, similar to the Dash8. Otherwise they couldnt have achieved this level of realism. FBW and Control Laws arent really something P3D is made for :)

4 Volumes of manuals (FCOM Volume 1 + 2, FCTM, plus a manual for the FMS) and I go....  :help:

Looks like it must be a very immersive addon however!

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Well start with this one Brendan :wink: , I little light reading! it's only 703 pagers (forget it says 737ng in link)

http://www.737ng.co.uk/airbusfms.pdf

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If I download that David, would that mean I'd have to make fun of the airbus pilots at work LESS?   :Tounge:

I tell you what... On my next snow day from work you'll probably see me posting screen shots! 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

While this sounds logical and practical, on a big release you need to think of it as 60% product 40% entertainment.  Any by entertainment I am referring to the anticipation of the release, followed by the slow servers, then the complaining, nashing of teeth, locked forum threads, etc. etc. and the inevitable quick patch.  Its all part of the fun in my mind so I buy right away !!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Two days ago , I decided to go for the FSlab A320X despite the high price, I read all the doc that came with it for familiarisation, tried two flights with UK2000 airports , never managed to end the flights ( out of memory). Tried to config P3D v3.4 H2  but still can't manage full flight. sometimes get OOM in airport.

The plane itself is excellent, particularly when starting cold and dark , all the procedures to start the plane are excellent. However, had issues with AP, keep turning itself off.

I would not have bought it yet if I knew I will have all these problems.

I got it also a couple of days ago, must say i am impressed, and totally lost haha. Reading and reading and WHAT DOES THIS BUTTON DO, yeah. Did three flights, all ended with CTD, blah. Kernell error and stackhash, never had them since i bought a new pc 3 months ago. Other than that, runs smooth, and i like the visual appeal and the sound. Hope they will iron out little quirks in the SP1 or before. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q