Sign in to follow this  
Gong

747 v3 Steady VAS increase [Due to nVidia drivers - not 747]

Hold on guys, I think the VAS increases for UK or Canada/NA will because of the massive Autogen to load.
In UK or NA you have a very good kind of detail from Vector/ORBX Global, open LC... so I think its because of the Autogen. That will be solved by v4 x)

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

Just now, LH747fan said:

Hold on guys, I think the VAS increases for UK or Canada/NA will because of the massive Autogen to load.
In UK or NA you have a very good kind of detail from Vector/ORBX Global, open LC... so I think its because of the Autogen. That will be solved by v4 x)

Any rumors when 64 bit will be released?  2017 or later?  Or could it be imminent? 

Jack Sawyer

Just now, LH747fan said:

Sooner than we all think :) This is what I know for the time.
Keep your cc ready x)

So this will be a paid upgrade?

Also, when it is released can 3.4 and 4.x reside on the same PC?  I have way too many planes and $ tied up in it.  And some or most will never be upgraded to 64 because they have gone out of business.  A2A said they won't commit, no idea about MilViz, so I'd have tons of nice Orbx to fly over with the only plane that will be 64 bit ready, a PMDG 747.

Jack Sawyer

2 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

So this will be a paid upgrade?

Also, when it is released can 3.4 and 4.x reside on the same PC?

Jack,

If we assume that LM will do the same with the upgrade from v3 to v4 as they did when going from v2 to v3, then yes, it's paid, but no, it won't be an upgrade. You'll be buying v4 at full price as if you'd never owned v3. The only exception to this is if you bought v3 within 60 days, in which case you can request a refund. And v3 and v4 should be able to reside on the same computer, much like v2 and v3 can do so now.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Walter Meier

8 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

Jack,

If we assume that LM will do the same with the upgrade from v3 to v4 as they did when going from v2 to v3, then yes, it's paid, but no, it won't be an upgrade. You'll be buying v4 at full price as if you'd never owned v3. The only exception to this is if you bought v3 within 60 days, in which case you can request a refund. And v3 and v4 should be able to reside on the same computer, much like v2 and v3 can do so now.

Cheers!

Thanks, I've had P3D for a while so I'll have to buy the new version.  Not a problem.  And I'm real glad to know they can both reside on the same PC.

Now, what about all the 32 bit planes?  I read that there could be a way for LM to create some kind of module that will allow backward compatibility so we can have our planes.  I don't know enough about programming to know if this is even possible.

It would be sad to have to use the default planes, I'll bet they'll be just as poor quality as the default 32 bit ones.

And it'll take years, if ever, for the planes I love to show up and I reckon I'll have to rebuy them all too.

And what about AS16, FSUPIC, TrackIR, EZCA, and all the other stuff?  It'll be both good and bad.  And it looks to me like we'll be basically starting all over again financially.  Except for Orbx, thank goodness!

But one HUGE plus is I can banish from my vocabulary the acronyms VAS and OOM.

Cheers!

Jack Sawyer

Stop complaining until LM has released v4 with additional information concerning the price or the compatibility of the addons.
As well wait for the release as I know already that a lot of developer are having the beta already.

Sometimes its much easier than we all think! I think that LM is not going to cut the community again because everyone has to pay again for everything.

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

Roll back to Nvidia 376.33 drivers it fixes the leaking vas and oom error messages even though I have tracked vas and I had not hit the limit. If you run windows update it forces the .53 drivers but only the .33 have no vas leak. so keep the nvidia installer and run it again after any other updates. you can turn off auto updates from microsoft too.

People pretending they have info about p3dv4 are just pretending to know it's a drawback of the fsx steam edition bringing out younger people that love to play pretend for attention. - David Lee

Still pretty happy with the 373.06 (also in SLI 3.4.9.18400)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Still pretty happy with the 373.06 (also in SLI 3.4.9.18400)

Michael Moe

All drivers from 376.33 and before do not have the vas leak - David Lee

As I said on the other topic about this, now that I have a 1080 Ti, I was forced to leave 376.33 behing. Did some test and noticed a major VAS leak using the 777, but finished two long-hauls with the 747 without any issue.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I have .53 driver and no VAS leak. I do have it with higher ones. 

So not only .33 is safe but .53 as well. Logged flights over past 2 weeks, all very stable.

Tom Link

Damned Windows forces the .53 driver. I've rolled back to .33 just in case and it hasn't automatically switched again, but this leak is ridiculous. I had to restart 3 times between CYYZ and EHAM with the latest drivers. All fine (I think) with the old ones. 

On 3/6/2017 at 0:19 AM, wsmeier said:

Jack,

Cheers!

Given the lack of change between two v2 and v3, I would be pretty reluctant to invest in v4 unless it offers some pretty significant advantage over x-plane.

I can't say any of these "Nvidia" fixes have helped one bit for myself and others that I know. Neither .33 nor .53 have made any difference at all.