Sign in to follow this  
Gong

747 v3 Steady VAS increase [Due to nVidia drivers - not 747]

Hello All,

First off the plane is amazing! It does what it is supposed to do if you know how to fly it!!

My question is performance related.

I have flown the cojones off this thing since she was released but i have noticed one issue with it and i was wondering if you all could potentially shed some light on the situation!

Flight #1 N581UP Paint

PHNL(FSDT)-KONT(Addon)

Left PHNL with no issue, about 3 hours into the flight over the ocean well short of landfall i noticed my VAS was creeping up in the high 80s low 90s OVER WATER! Eventually leading to the Audible ding in the simulator that told me it was to late to save it...Subsequently i save the flight and restarted the PC with AutoSave. I was then able to land without issue after re-loading the flight!

Flight #4 N578UP Paint

KSDF(BluePrint) -PANC(Aerosoft)

SAME RESULT....VAS crept up into the mid 90s this time over Northern Canada...restarted and continued the flight from AutoSave...Upon landing in PANC when i started to pull into parking i was getting the audible OOM ding...I was able to shut down and submit my flight before the sim crashed!

Flight #5 N581UP Paint

PANC(Aerosoft)-KONT(Addon)

Left PANC at about 78%...now as i sit here typing this i am at FL350 over the ocean west of Vancouver with no land in sight and over the course of 2 Hrs and 1 Minute from takeoff the VAS has crept all the way up to 89%-90% 3607MB

Could this have been due to a bad install .exe?

For reference in the 777 i only see 68%-72% sitting on the ground at PANC

Equipment: i7 6700K clocked to 4.5, 16GBDDR4 RAM, Nvidia GTX970, 500GB Samsung SSD

P3d.cfg and simmed have been expertly tuned as well for optimum performance.

Sadly all tests are pointing back to the plane possibly being the issue!

Thanks for the assistance!!

Rich M.

I'd start isolating the issue... next flight in plain-jane PMDG livery to and from default scenery airports, preferably over water.

Were you by chance using Navigraph recent AIRAC? Reason I ask, there was/is an issue with VAS slowly creeping up in the PMDG 777 due to an issue with certain line entries in some but not all STARS. If you were using STAR in your plan in the FMC, perhaps that is the cause. Easy way to find out, refly the flight and wait until TOD to enter the STAR into FMC. If that was the problem, you should be ok on VAS.

Just a thought and possible easy work around.

Hope you get it worked out.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

I too have creeping VAS issues with the 747, although quite a bit worse.  My hardware is similar to yours, except I have a GTX 1080 on Win 10 (64) .  I  can fly complete the flight in the T7 on the same rig without issue, while the 747 is starting to give me audible VAS alarms right about 1 1/2 hours into the same route.  I was flying KFSO to PANJ, just for the comparison.

The 747 is an excellent piece of work and we are in the minority, so it has to be something on our setups that is somehow making it behave differently, but I'll be darned if I know right now what the issue is.   Right now I'm saving and continuing flights to complete them, but I hope to get to the bottom of it eventually.

Harold Finch

I9 12900K @5.2Ghz  64 GB DDR4, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro, 15 TB on 5 SSD's

Harold, that is exactly what i have to do on some flights!! Granted there were two flights KONT-KDFW and KDFW-KSDF that i did not track the VAS on but i had 0 issue from takeoff to landing (Much shorter however)! 

I am also going to see if re-installing the navdata might fix the issue as well!

Currently on the same flight from the original post at FL350 with 3713MB 91% VAS  she is still creeping up there!

Rich

I had the same VAS consumption steady increase on my first flight with the new 747 (default paint), doing a 30-min circuit from and to KVPS Rwy19. VAS consumption was increasing from 1.2 GB at depart and after landing I got a VAS remaining close to 0.5 GB. Did not use any STARs and SIDs for this test flight.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I have lots of Orbix, fly in and out of Anchorage, [Aerosoft]  leaving with about 30 percent VAS remaining, and landing  after 7-8 hours with a slight increase in VAS remaining. [more than 30%]

All settings turned up, woai traffic on.

Jerry Friz

Hi Gents,

Sadly the same here:

LFSB-LIRF (default) yesterday, near TOD had the deadly FSUIPC ding all the way to final, and then  at TD at LIRF had an OOM. Never had any OOM issue with the 737 and the 777 til far, even on long hauls. Only things I've done before this flight have been updating AS16+ASCA to the latest release and updating to last cycle of FMS data from Navigraph.

Curious to know the root cause of this (really not used to have OOM issues).

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Guys,

We did a *ton* of VAS testing during beta - it was a primary concern. One of the new testers for this cycle (Kyle Weber from this forum) was brought on specifically for his expertise in tracking these types of leaks down. We were all confident, including him, that we'd found and killed any that existed or we wouldn't have released. Thousands of hours were flown testing this.

I'm not saying that there isn't still an issue somewhere, but I would be very surprised if there is. In testing for this you guys really need to eliminate all the other possible variables. When we did this during beta, we were using 100% clean builds of the simulator with no other addons present. That is the only way to prove causality here - simple things like a bad AFCAD file thousands of miles away from your route can actually cause issues and you have to make absolutely certain that isn't happening.

Kyle made an Excel macro during beta that takes VAS data collected by FSUIPC and automatically formats and graphs it so that we can see instantly whether there's a constant negative slope in the curve. An actual leak will be extremely precise and regular, you won't see the VAS suddenly jump up by a large amount or something like that in a leak scenario. As an example, one leak we found in beta was caused by the vibrometer sound for the analog standby instrument loading into memory over and over while it was active due to a bug in the way the switch from the ISFD to analog was initialized (the initalization essentially happened over and over). That's the kind of thing we're talking about here - if you have a giant sudden increase, that's far more likely to be scenery or AI related than it is the airplane.

I'm going to ask Kyle if it's alright to provide his spreadsheet to the forum at large and you guys can use it to run tests. There was a whole methodology we came up with that I will post as well.

• Upvote 1

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I'd start with disabling all AI trafic and lower water textures. Remove all clouds. Then test and see if that helps. Next thing - uncheck all the unnecessary add-on scenery. In worst case yes - use default scenery to test.

My 747 in FSX:SE so far works quite well, but I have to agree, that VAS consumption is actually higher compared to 777. Route KBOS-KTPA (both with FT sceneries) at cruise my VAS is around 0.85 - 0.9 GB free. Where with 777 it's quite solid 1.3 gigs free. But so far it hasn't developed into anything more serious.    

We did a *ton* of VAS testing during beta - it was a primary concern. One of the new testers for this cycle (Kyle Weber from this forum) was brought on specifically for his expertise in tracking these types of leaks down. We were all confident, including him, that we'd found and killed any that existed or we wouldn't have released. Thousands of hours were flown testing this.

Not my intention to rub anybody's nose here, just trying to find the reason why suddenly I encounter such problems, incidentally coinciding with the installation of the QOTS

I'll indeed try to find the culprit and in case, report back.

Kind regards,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

I am now 400nm out of TNCM in the 747 and ChasePlane blinks red like crazy with "-0.20 GB".

Seems I have a VAS issue too.

NVIDIA driver: 376.33

yep the lastest driver leak VAS

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Some guys at FSLabs forum reported increasing VAS usage after NVIDIA driver update.

At first, FSLabs update was blamed for VAS increase. But later they found out NVIDIA latest drivers were the cumprit

I do not know if I can post the link here, but...

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/11263-vas-usage-insane-after-update/.

Thanks for the HU: update them couple of days ago (and then purchased & installed QOTS II).

Will roll back and see what happens.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti