Sign in to follow this  
wb5okj

Beta 10 apparently is out now

Just restarted X-Plane 11 to test a change and update to latest came up.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the info

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Downloading.  Yay!  What will break this time haha

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So far, it is looking pretty good on my end. Still no IDing the navaids in the Cessna.

So far, so good here.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Working just fine here. Smoky engines seems to be gone which is nice. I'm running pretty much default apart from xEnviro, which works just fine, and even gave me the light snow we have here currently on my test flight. Performance seems much the same.

Am I the only one having bad luck with this one ?

Running Ubuntu 16.10, I get a segmentation fault after running the updater.

No problem with pb9 (unfortunately, I did not safe it this time), nor with pb1 (fresh install).

My guess is a corrupted download, but I tried it 3 times now, same result.

My experience with PB-10a on my i7-4770 with GTX-770 Windforce 4GB, and 16GB Ram.

Running at 4x-SSAA in the default 172 in rural/small city area at 3900 ft.

1.  Weather matches local conditions perfectly with seemingly better haze rendition.

2.  Landing light switch works.

3.  Framerates in upper 40s/lower 50s.

4.  Notice - PB-10a...  Does this mean that we are due for a update ....b?  Trying to stay away from XP-11 PB-11?

5.  Banding still there...

All is well here.

John

• Upvote 3

John Wingold

For the Linux problem, if you can get your hand on an old executeable, it works, only drawback I have noticed is a warning about missing textures. 

eg. before updating, safe your pb9 executeable : X-Plane-x86_64 to X-Plane-x86_64.back, then run the updater, and start with the file you just saved (X-Plane-x86_64.back).

For the Linux problem, if you can get your hand on an old executeable

Link to fixed Linux executable is on the developer's page.

John

John Wingold

There appears to be a "weather dead zone", in northern California.  While performing a short flight from KSFO to KSMF, I cam across this issue now for the second time, with the first being last night (Beta 9), from KSMF to KSFO.  For some odd reason, using real world weather (X-Plane 11 default), I come across this "FPS killer" near KSUU (Travis AFB).  It last for a good five minutes, where my fps are purring along at 40-50fps and then drops to 3-4 fps.  When it happened last night, I thought it was an issue with a Lua script I had running for the sky, so I shut down the sim.  This morning, after updating to Beta 10 I ran the same route, only this time going from KSFO to KSMF and I had the same exact issue with the weather and the fps drop.  I let it go this time, and after about 5 minutes, it cleared up and my fps rose back into the 40s again.

Both times this anomaly happened, the airspace turned completely white, with no clouds, no scenery.  Now, if I changed my view to look outside from the left or right, my frames could jump back up into the upper teens, but facing ahead in the cockpit, the frames would drop again.

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this and I'd been considering filing a bug about it, but the problem is that my log.txt file shows no mention of this anomaly, so I'm stumped. 

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Am I the only one having bad luck with this one ?

Running Ubuntu 16.10, I get a segmentation fault after running the updater.

No problem with pb9 (unfortunately, I did not safe it this time), nor with pb1 (fresh install).

My guess is a corrupted download, but I tried it 3 times now, same result.

It's not just you.  File a bug report.

http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

I suspect it's something simple that got overlooked, but the more info they have, the better chance they'll have of fixing it.