Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Why isn't my Cargo Door working?

Since this keeps popping up, I created a quick video on how to get the main deck cargo door(s) to open up.

As noted in the Intro Manual, whichever power source you are using needs to be split between ON and AVAIL. If you're on APU, one side can be in use, but the other must be AVAIL. Same goes for the GPU. Chances are, you're using both, which is preventing the door(s) from opening.

• Upvote 5

Kyle Rodgers

Maybe it is time to give up 'written manuals' as people get too lazy to read hundreds of pages, maybe it is better to do 'video manuals' ... ? :-)

• Upvote 1

Artur 

Also please sticky this: You need to remove the PMDG cargo loaders before you can close the cargo doors. This is (AFAIK) not explained in the manual and it may not be obvious if you assume that ground personnel has to close the door first before vacating.

• Upvote 1

It pains me that you have had to pin this topic because people are too lazy to ready the into manual.

Please don't!  :smile:

I find it way easier to search for a specific info into a written manual rather than into a video!

For the doors (pax and cargo), I don't bother going into the doors menu. I just go to the vehicules menu. When you call for or release a vehicule, the associated door will be opened and closed automatically. And as Iain mentions it, it avoid conflict (or confusion) between the doors and the vehicules. 

• Upvote 2

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Can someone explain why is it so that one source needs to be AVAIL and not in use? Is it because otherwise too much power is consumed from that BUS by the rest of the aircraft flight systems?

Got me, too.

I remembered from FS9 that you need power on both sides, but I don't think QoS 1 had it modelled so that you need one of them AVAIL only.

Got me, too.

I remembered from FS9 that you need power on both sides, but I don't think QoS 1 had it modelled so that you need one of them AVAIL only.

Just tested it out, and in the FS9 version, it worked both ways.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

As far as I can see, all you need for nose door operation is one external power lead plugged into the #2 position. The rest of the airplane can be completely dead.

I've looked at the wiring schematics for the nose door and power for the door locks (latches), door control panel and door lifting actuators and all seem to be powered by EXT 2 (AVAIL). Of course, it's normal to have power leads plugged in on both sides, otherwise you will have cargo loading problems on the lower deck (without EXT #1 powered).

The electrical system Bus Control Unit (#2) which controls the position of the cargo power relays also needs to be powered. However, Bus Control Unit (BCU) #2 can get its power directly from one of the electrical pins on the #2 Ext Power plug. BCU power sources (generally) can vary from airplane to airplane. However, looking at a number of different airlines, BCU #2 always seems to be able to get power from the #2 external power plug. The external power plugs each have 6 pins for various functions.

Cheers

JHW

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

Got me, too.

Just tested it out, and in the FS9 version, it worked both ways.

Not sure I believe that. I knew how to operate them because of the FS9 version. I could've sworn I learned it in the FS9 version.

Kyle Rodgers

Funny how crazy you clicked on it ... hahaha

Rafael Henrique Carelli

To take it further, is it normal that cargo loading is done and cargo doors operated with the aircraft systems completely off (cold and dark)? So the cargo can be almost loaded and then the pilots arrive, turn the aircraft on while the cargo loading is about to be finished and doors closed?